Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,648 members, 7,861,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:02 AM

Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos (17676 Views)

Weapons Recovered As Troops Neutralize Boko Haram Terrorists In Lake Chad.Photos / 4 Soldiers Wounded As Troops Clear Boko Haram Terrorists From Borno. Photos / Heavy Gunfire In Zaria As Troops Attempt To Arrest Shiite Leader Zakzaky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
But why
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by ERODEDEAST(f): 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
Boo.hari is a Certified Illiterate Terrorist.

We (Boko Haram) are wining the war - Boo.hari

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
buhari is incompetent lol

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by RAVIC: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
dedons:
Sai baba is working.

Do you mean to say snail baba

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by peeta89(m): 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
Tears rolling down my eyes..........Refugees in their own country again.....Its so pathetic......God will protect them allllllllllllllll.........

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by washishi: 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
I NO GET TIME FOR THIS HAUSA PEOPLE MAKE. MY BOYFRIEND. I WILL COME BACK FOR THEM

1 Share

Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Calls for 'total' Sharia in Nigeria
2001-08-27 21:32

Lagos - A former military ruler of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has called for the introduction of 'total' Islamic law across the country, reports said on Monday.

Buhari, who ruled Nigeria from a coup in December 1983 to his ouster in 1985, told a seminar in Kaduna, northern Nigeria, at the weekend that the strict Islamic law code known as the Sharia should be introduced in full across Nigeria.

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

Northern Nigeria is mainly Muslim but southern Nigeria is mainly Christian and has led criticism of the introduction of Islamic law in a dozen northern states in the past 18 months.

Africa's most populous country has been shaken repeatedly in the past by religious unrest. In February 2000 between 2 000 and 3 000 people were killed by Christian-Muslim riots in Kaduna over the introduction of Sharia.

Call for Sharia across the country

Buhari's comments were interpreted by the southern-based papers as a call for the imposition of Sharia all across the country, even in the mainly Christian south.

"Buhari calls for Sharia in all states," was the headline of the respected newspaper The Guardian.

Buhari's comments were defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.

But the comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith.

This was criticised by the press as a call for voting along religious lines, as well as an attack on the current president, Olusegun Obasanjo, who is a Christian.

Buhari made the latest comments at a seminar organised by the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, a newly set up body attended by northern state governments and Islamic scholars.

"It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear," he said.

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law," he went on. - AFP

- SAPA

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827
Can a leopard change its spots

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by ajepako(f): 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
Rockstar2014:
Why withdraw the troops or do they want to make the people there prey to boko haram?

Before nko?

Thank God these ones have enough sense to leave for safer region!

Next time, Nigerians will shine eyes well before voting..

Babaonechance

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by Mariojane(f): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Emekamex:
->The MNJTF that APC apologists were praising Buhari for is as dead as it was during GEJ's.
->I see no change here, just clear deception.
are you telling me you believe all the talk on change before election? Nigerians should know better by now that change cannot be done by Buhari or any president unless we start the change from our individual homes.
the earlier we know that, the better for the country
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by Chriswayne402: 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
Is this the change we voted for ?
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by searay(m): 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
dedons:
Sai baba is working.
yes in his paddock
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by ndibeemma(m): 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
:DThe military total witdrawal is all a mis-conception, they were told to witdraw frm Non-Key areas.even Femi Adeshina made it clear yesterday, some dudes who don't watch the news will come up here on nairaland nd start commenting like dafts undecided . Did I jst get angry for real cheesy
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by vickylala239: 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
dainformant:
Another set of internally displaced persons IDP's en-route Maiduguri. The villagers were pictured fleeing Damasak town in Borno state close to Niger border -as reports reveal that the Nigerien Troops placed there have made plans to withdraw.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2015/07/photos-nigerians-flee-borno-border-town.html

I taya ohh,Wetin Ppl still Dey do for dis area.

U Ppl r d source of Boko numerous attack.

Y Nt flee d area long ago,till it is settled
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by mayorkyzo: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
When I see pictures of this dead and backward places in the north I wonder what their leaders have being doing all the years the northerners have being in power..such lack of infrastructure and wide spread poverty is alarming....with their born to rule mentality they can't develop their towns...So sad I have to say..
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by onowu007(m): 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
#babaonechance# you see your life..You just want to answer President of the Zoo called Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by Afritop(m): 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
No one wants to become sitting ducks
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by onowu007(m): 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
Is because of Change my dear
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
hmmmm na wa o

Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
Even animals are running to the camps. But These Cows are *Big Boys* o!... they have all these properties. Or isnt it theirs cos i dont see any human with them. grin grin

Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by kachiz(m): 8:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
Omoh that brown ram/goat is definitely a shaolin monk.

asumo12:
happening now?

embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
asumo12:
happening now?

embarassed embarassed embarassed

guy u are mad. You made me laff like a fool
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by simdam500(m): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
Seriously.... it saddening cry ... if buhari won't defeat BH... atleast for his people, he should curb this act
Re: Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos by babestella: 12:23am On Jul 14, 2015
They even re-elected their governor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3050mw Mambila Hydro-Power Project At Gembu In Taraba Set To Take Off / No COVID-19 Palliatives In My House, Abike Dabiri Cries Out / Nine People Murdered By Suicide Attack In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.