Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,129 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala (575 Views)

Okonjo-iweala Gets New International Appointment / This Dr. Okonjo Iweala And Her Husband Picture Is Moving Tongues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by IBBG(m): 12:55am On Jul 14, 2015
The immediate past Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on Monday denied withdrawing $1bn from the Excess Crude Account to finance the campaign of former President Goodluck Jonathan. In a statement by her Media Adviser, Mr Paul Nwabuikwu, the former finance minister described the allegation by Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State that she spent $1bn out of the ECA to fund the re- election bid of Jonathan as a “ludicrously false statement that has unfortunately become a trademark of the Governor in his public campaign of falsehood.” The statement said the comment by the governor was “just another example of the numerical diarrhea that seems to have afflicted His Excellency in recent times in his effort to damage the reputation of the former minister.” It reads in part, “He has, within the last few months, asked Dr Okonjo-Iweala to explain all kinds of totally wild and unsubstantiated figures, ranging from $30bn, $20bn, $2.1bn, N720bn and now $1bn. “To say the obvious, the accusations are totally lacking in credibility. Governor Oshiomhole’s published comments also contain other falsehoods. “For instance, he quoted Dr Okonjo-Iweala as saying that she and the Finance Commissioners of the 36 states approved the spending of $2.1bn out of the Excess Crude Account, adding that the Commissioners had disowned the statement. This is also a complete distortion. “Dr Okonjo-Iweala never said the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee approved spending out of the ECA. Rather as the Commissioners themselves stated, the former Minister of State Finance informed them that former President Jonathan approved the expenditure to end the debilitating fuel queues across the country.” The statement said the Finance Ministry under Okonjo- Iweala regularly published details of revenue allocations from the ECA in national media. “Oshiomhole’s tortured ‘calculations’, based on his ‘four figure tables’, are mere political numbers conjured to achieve a political purpose. Nigerians can see through the elaborate antics,” she said. www.punchng.com/news/i-didnt-withdraw-1bn-for-jonathans-campaign-okonjo-iweala/
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by 1bunne4lif(m): 12:55am On Jul 14, 2015
Ok
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by Middlefinger1: 12:57am On Jul 14, 2015
1bunne4lif:
Ok
mods hide this guy comment .
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by chaberry(m): 12:57am On Jul 14, 2015
Time will definitely tell
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by danielblessing(m): 12:58am On Jul 14, 2015
k
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by 1bunne4lif(m): 12:58am On Jul 14, 2015
Middlefinger1:
ok
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by chaberry(m): 12:59am On Jul 14, 2015
Middlefinger1:

Maka why? Have u make a contribution to the post
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by southernbelle(f): 1:09am On Jul 14, 2015
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by kenedy175(m): 1:11am On Jul 14, 2015
Apc and Oshiomole should let this woman be and get to work already. I'm tired of seeing all this billions billoins. The thing dey turn my eyes

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by marv1: 1:15am On Jul 14, 2015
Chai
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by Folksyharry(m): 2:17am On Jul 14, 2015
accusations and denial as usual. I don't know who or what to believe again.
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by Tallesty1(m): 2:30am On Jul 14, 2015
kenedy175:
Apc and Oshiomole should let this woman be and get to work already. I'm tired of seeing all this billions billoins. The thing dey turn my eyes
Osho talks too much these days.
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by b3llo(m): 2:53am On Jul 14, 2015
If this allegations are true then she is trying her best to avoid jail term.

But let this be allowed to rest!
Re: I Didn’t Withdraw $1bn For Jonathan’s Campaign – Okonjo-iweala by Abba999(f): 4:45am On Jul 14, 2015
APC and Oshi are shameless, but their robotic supporters will not see their propaganda.

Someone should remind them that campaign period is over, and they are now in power! undecided

(1) (Reply)

‘nigeria Is Cursed’ – Gay Activist, Bisi Alimi Rants / What Are The Processes Involved In Changing From One Transformer To Another? / Top Ten Bloggers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.