Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,312 members, 7,842,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability (1873 Views)

Airtel Gains, MTN Loses As NCC Releases Update On Internet Usage In Nigeria / Glo Gains 80% Of New Internet Customers In First Quarter Of 2016 While MTN Drop. / Mobile Number Portability - Why You Should Port Your Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Hotdiamond(m): 8:48am On Jul 14, 2015
According to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), the number of telephone lines that have ported from one network to another has risen to 295,930 as at May, 2015.

The new figure was disclosed in a data released by the Commission, which provides industry status report on Mobile Number Portability (MNP) activities on telecoms networks.

The telecoms regulator launched the MNP service in 2013 to provide wider choices for the bourgeoning telecoms subscribers to migrate from one network to another if there is a need for it without losing their original line.

Following the intermittent quality of services (QoS) often experienced on networks and the growing dissatisfaction by subscribers on their networks, the NCC came up with the porting initiative to allow subscribers move to another competing network with improved service. This, this commission said, would compel telecoms operators to increase their network investment towards building a network that will encourage their subscribers to stay on their networks, thereby igniting competition that leads to increased network quality by the operators. Of the over 146 million active telephone subscribers in the country as at May, the NCC, in its latest report, said that 296,000 have out-ported so far.

Following its launch in April 2013, the number of ported lines in the month of May stood at 7,013. In June, July, August, September, the number of ported lines rose to 5,802; 6,753 12,039 and 13,072 respectively. In October, November and December 2013, the monthly figure also increased to 14,296; 7,830 and 5,850 in that order. The number of subscribers porting their telephone lines also continued the upward swing in 2014. As at January last year, the number of ported lines were 6,880; 7,080 in February; 13,383 in March; 14,183 in April; 9,365 in May; 10,325 in June and July, 2014, the figure stood at 11,110. By August 2014, the total number of monthly-ported telephone lines reached was 13,878; 18,980 in September; 16,697 in October; 13,578 in November; and 10,539 in December.

By last January, the monthly ported lines stood at 14,330; 14,801 in February; 14,718 in March; 15,357 in April and in May, the figure stood at 18,071.

Meanwhile, of the outgoing 18,071 ported telephone lines in May,
MTN Nigeria recorded the highest number – 18,071 lines.
Airtel followed this with 3,316 ported lines;
Globacom and Etisalat came third and forth in outgoing lines standing at 3,253 and 1,989 respectively.

On the gainer’s chart or incoming ported lines,
Etisalat topped the table with 12,252 lines, the highest monthly gains so far by any operator since the NCC launched the MNP scheme in 2013.
Next to Etisalat was Airtel, which gained 4,161 incoming ported lines while Globacom came third with 1,065 ported lines. MTN with the lowest gained numbers of 657. Analysts said that the major factor driving the decision of subscribers to port from network to another is the quality of service delivery provided by the receiving network. The NCC has set a strict Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) QoS for telecoms operators and has continued to sanction operators for not meeting the QoS parameters. As such, the Commission said that the NNP scheme would also boost competition among telecoms operators on the provision of quality of service, while also providing wider choices for the subscribers.

Source
http://bizwatchnigeria.ng/mnp-ncc-reveals-the-number-of-ported-lines-in-nigeria/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Mustiboy(m): 8:59am On Jul 14, 2015
that's good afterall mtn's meant 4 people who can spend their money lavishly, but as 4 me wet dey manage, Etisalat is super OK.
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 14, 2015
Mtn still d best
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by samintegrity(m): 9:01am On Jul 14, 2015
That is what we are sayin, let there be freedom to choose incase one ntw won't stop misbehaving.. I always loved this idea.
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Escalze(m): 9:13am On Jul 14, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Hotdiamond(m): 11:11am On Jul 14, 2015
Escalze:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Good point

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by kazzonline: 11:20am On Jul 14, 2015
I am glad i ported to etisalat,those irritating sms were just too much,and there was no way to stop them,and i wasnt gaining shii frm mtn,so i switched and i hav had rest of mind ever since,mtn na rubbish
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Allem(m): 11:31am On Jul 14, 2015
[/color][color=#006600]
kazzonline:
I am glad i ported to etisalat,those irritating sms were just too much,and there was no way to stop them,and i wasnt gaining shii frm mtn,so i switched and i hav had rest of mind ever since,mtn na rubbish

How do I port from Mtn?
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by kazzonline: 11:42am On Jul 14, 2015
Allem:
[/color][color=#006600]

How do I port from Mtn?

Go to any etisakat experience center close to you with your valid id card,thats all,the process is free ,them go giv u sim cads for free.. Withing 48 hrs u r gud to go
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Hotdiamond(m): 11:43am On Jul 14, 2015
Allem:
[/color][color=#006600]

How do I port from Mtn?
I think you have to go to the service centre of the network you wanna port to. I believe you shall be guided accordingly once you are there.
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by estyvino(m): 11:56am On Jul 14, 2015
I don port my line na Godwin
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Tintinnoty(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
MTN be lyk what is wrong wit this niggas most they make "sensitive" info lyk this public
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
I'm plus one.

They zapped my 100 naira without switching me to true talk plus. I borrowed 200 and exhausted it then ported to eti. I can't be happier. Swift Internet. Cheap calls. No hidden charges. No spam messages.
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by raydatluvs(m): 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
I have used etisalat all this while but right now am using mtn mainly cos am using a dual sim fone. Mtn has by far cheaper call rates and data rates with a good speed. Etisalat' call rate is 40k while mtn is 20k and now 11k on true talk. I used the 4.5g for 2500 on mtn, etisalat's plans are very high.

Just saying...
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Youngpo413: 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
True
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by samintegrity(m): 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
raydatluvs:
I have used etisalat all this while but right now am using mtn mainly cos am using a dual sim fone. Mtn has by far cheaper call rates and data rates with a good speed. Etisalat' call rate is 40k while mtn is 20k and now 11k on true talk. I used the 4.5g for 2500 on mtn, etisalat's plans are very high.

Just saying...

Sorry to say bro, buh it seems u are living in the past, Google is ur frnd, search for etisalat tarrif plan, infact they were d first to av introduced d 11k per sec to all ntw, and as regard ur 4.5gb also check.. Dey equally av and i heard its ever far better dan mtn, furthermore u mentioned browsing speed, bros.. even mtn knws etisalat has d fastest 3G browsing speed in Nigeria, oh lemme say among the 3 major ntw providers.

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Smartmanager(m): 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
samintegrity:

Sorry to say bro, buh it seems u are living in the past, Google is ur frnd, search for etisalat tarrif plan, infact they were d first to av introduced d 11k per sec to all ntw, and as regard ur 4.5gb also check.. Dey equally av and i heard its ever far better dan mtn, furthermore u mentioned browsing speed, bros.. even mtn knws etisalat has d fastest 3G browsing speed in Nigeria, oh lemme say among the 3 major ntw providers.
Your are on point bro. I dumped my hen-t-hen (MTN) line long ago. Etisalat rocks in every aspect. 0809ja for life.
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
raydatluvs:

Just saying...

Don't think you have heard of easy life 4.0 with calls @ 11kobo/sec to All networks plus I buy data @ 1gb for 1k (selected lines).
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by raydatluvs(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
[quote author=Oxasbi post=35863113]

Don't think you have heard of easy life 4.0 with calls @ 11kobo/sec to All networks plus I buy data @ 1gb for 1k (selected lines).[/quote aw do i migrate
Re: Etisalat Gains Mtn Looses: Mobile Number Portability by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2015
[quote author=raydatluvs post=35865151][quote]

*420*1#

(1) (Reply)

Physical Or On-screen Buttons: Which Is Better? / Airtel Gives 3GB For 1k / 16MP Front Camera ,16MP Back Camera,3gb Ram-affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.