Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Help, I'm Lost!!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help, I'm Lost!!! (2264 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I'm Lost!!! by REDBULL1(m): 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
Thanks for opening this thread. I'll be as brief as I can.
I've never owned a dog until now. I've always had this phobia for animals that don't speak English. sometime last month, my family decided to buy a dog due to the lonely place we're staying now. Luckily, my dad's colleague practically dashed us two alsation puppies( we paid 10grand each). it's been mostly fun, but I have some challenges.
My puppies can shit. I mean shiiiiit. combined, they can drop more than 8 times in a day. and there's no regular pattern with which they do it. no time, place, nothing!!! it's an issue for everyone in the house. the little I,be tried to do by way of toilet training has borne no fruit. plssss I need advice.
also, I bought dog collars and puppy chain. we were told to get those as they're 3 months old now. problem is, when I put the chain on the first dog...it went ballistic. screaming and twisting. I hold on to the chain and tried to calm it down, but it didn't work. I had to let go of the chain. for the next hour my pup was lying down as if it was traumatized. I felt so sorry for it. how do I subtly introduced them to the chain?

plsss don't read an ignore. the nigga typing this is in a real fix. thanks
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by feldido(m): 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Just chain it, it'll get use to it.
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by Judeoxide(m): 11:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
From my experience the time you give them food matters a lot.. But for puppy just be patient.. But when it gets to 5or six month feed them at night..dog have this habit of pooing once it has eaten..and once that is don it won't poo for the day..try using Cain bro..these are animals...I have a cocasian that I love so much, you know how cut day are now,,I didn't flog the idiot dog at all till it became adult..bro Na dia wahala start oh...she beat even my mum..that's when I know they are all animals..
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by biggyrossy: 11:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
REDBULL1:
Thanks for opening this thread. I'll be as brief as I can.
I've never owned a dog until now. I've always had this phobia for animals that don't speak English. sometime last month, my family decided to buy a dog due to the lonely place we're staying now. Luckily, my dad's colleague practically dashed us two alsation puppies( we paid 10grand each). it's been mostly fun, but I have some challenges.
My puppies can shit. I mean shiiiiit. combined, they can drop more than 8 times in a day. and there's no regular pattern with which they do it. no time, place, nothing!!! it's an issue for everyone in the house. the little I,be tried to do by way of toilet training has borne no fruit. plssss I need advice.
also, I bought dog collars and puppy chain. we were told to get those as they're 3 months old now. problem is, when I put the chain on the first dog...it went ballistic. screaming and twisting. I hold on to the chain and tried to calm it down, but it didn't work. I had to let go of the chain. for the next hour my pup was lying down as if it was traumatized. I felt so sorry for it. how do I subtly introduced them to the chain?

plsss don't read an ignore. the nigga typing this is in a real fix. thanks

bro losing the collar not to tight her neck wit chain try walking her around the house with fish. little by little after sometimes she will wanna go out because she will believe u r gonna give her fish and will be happy any time u hold the chain
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by houseofmastiff(m): 11:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
Well concerning the issue of the *poo it all depends on what you feed them with. what's the composition of their feed and to note some dogs *poo almost immediately after feeding so setting the time right would help on that issue.

Concerning the issue of the *collar, the pups were never used to it so its a new development, sometimes they'll try to pull it off but with time they'll get used to it.
regards.
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by kunlesufyan(m): 11:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lol...put the collar and leave it there ...they arnt used to it it will scream and scream and get used to it ...maybe you feed them can food,its good for them ,but I noticed it makes them poo alot and its chyme in nature ...I have an unorthodox method for training dogs ,it involved cane ...my dogs don't poo in their cage(ofcourse I release them at intervals to ease themselves) and they only poo in one spot in the whole house ...poo anywhere else and they will chop cane ...try that
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by REDBULL1(m): 5:46am On Jul 15, 2015
Judeoxide:
From my experience the time you give them food matters a lot.. But for puppy just be patient.. But when it gets to 5or six month feed them at night..dog have this habit of pooing once it has eaten..and once that is don it won't poo for the day..try using Cain bro..these are animals...I have a cocasian that I love so much, you know how cut day are now,,I didn't flog the idiot dog at all till it became adult..bro Na dia wahala start oh...she beat even my mum..that's when I know they are all animals..

sir, they're fed twice a day. Morning and Night. I use wet food mixed with pap for morning and we food with milk at night. sometimes I give them dry food when I return from work. abeg na overfeeding be that?
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by REDBULL1(m): 5:48am On Jul 15, 2015
kunlesufyan:
Lol...put the collar and leave it there ...they arnt used to it it will scream and scream and get used to it ...maybe you feed them can food,its good for them ,but I noticed it makes them poo alot and its chyme in nature ...I have an unorthodox method for training dogs ,it involved cane ...my dogs don't poo in their cage(ofcourse I release them at intervals to ease themselves) and they only poo in one spot in the whole house ...poo anywhere else and they will chop cane ...try that
I left the collar on. they don't seem to have a problem with the collar. it's d chain that drove it crazy. as for the cane, lemme try that. I'm becoming emotionally attached to them. I dey hesitate to use cane. I GATS man up n whip that mofo :-)
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by REDBULL1(m): 5:51am On Jul 15, 2015
houseofmastiff:
Well concerning the issue of the *poo it all depends on what you feed them with. what's the composition of their feed and to note some dogs *poo almost immediately after feeding so setting the time right would help on that issue.

Concerning the issue of the *collar, the pups were never used to it so its a new development, sometimes they'll try to pull it off but with time they'll get used to it.
regards.

sir, they're comfortable with the collar. it's d chain that's the issue. do you think I overfeed them?
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by REDBULL1(m): 5:52am On Jul 15, 2015
biggyrossy:

bro losing the collar not to tight her neck wit chain try walking her around the house with fish. little by little after sometimes she will wanna go out because she will believe u r gonna give her fish and will be happy any time u hold the chain

Smart one, man. I'll do that.
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by kunlesufyan(m): 7:08am On Jul 15, 2015
REDBULL1:

I left the collar on. they don't seem to have a problem with the collar. it's d chain that drove it crazy. as for the cane, lemme try that. I'm becoming emotionally attached to them. I dey hesitate to use cane. I GATS man up n whip that mofo :-)
Lol...it works well....but don't flog any how,let it know the reason you are flogging it ...say when it doesn't something you don't want it to do or most likely ,the min its about doing it ,you cane it ...then for the poo,in the morning take them to a place where its easier for you to pack their poo and let them do their thing there ..repeat it until they are used to it ..
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by knyte(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2015
See the dog as a child that knows basically nothing and spoilt. So it's ur duty to try and teach it sm lessons. First about d poo u av to catch that in time. U can notice them about to do their biznis wen dy re moving in circles, sniffing and about to squat, at dt particular point stop dem and move dem to d desired place u want them to b pooing, with time dy wld only do it there. About d collar dey wld get use to it, dey myte nt need chain now cos dy re young but u can introduce it to dem but just placing it in front of em at times so dy dnt get uncomfortable with it. Can we see ur dog's cheesy
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by Judeoxide(m): 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
REDBULL1:

sir, they're fed twice a day. Morning and Night. I use wet food mixed with pap for morning and we food with milk at night. sometimes I give them dry food when I return from work. abeg na overfeeding be that?
understand me bro..for now as pup..feed them and be patient with them..but when they become six months, feed them once..at night so that during the day, they will poo little on non at all since from night till day , they might have poo all the food and be free by day time
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by knyte(m): 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
Judeoxide:
understand me bro..for now as pup..feed them and be patient with them..but when they become six months, feed them once..at night so that during the day, they will poo little on non at all since from night till day , they might have poo all the food and be free by day time
Actually at pup stage it shld b fed about 3times(small meals at intervals) until about 3mnrhs den reduced to twice and after a yr old just once
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by Judeoxide(m): 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
knyte:

Actually at pup stage it shld b fed about 3times(small meals at intervals) until about 3mnrhs den reduced to twice and after a yr old just once
hehehe guy you really don't need my help..you know what to do
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by knyte(m): 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
Judeoxide:
hehehe guy you really don't need my help..you know what to do
Slow down, check d username and see d difference
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by Judeoxide(m): 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
knyte:

Slow down, check d username and see d difference
exactly my point..you just made me realise that...advice the op more
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by knyte(m): 9:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
Judeoxide:
exactly my point..you just made me realise that...advice the op more
Smh undecided
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by REDBULL1(m): 8:16am On Jul 18, 2015
I invited a friend who's a dog whisperer. He handled the dogs for a whole day n now they're comfortable with the chain. he advised me to keep the chain on for 2-3 weeks before I take it off so that they'll be used to it. He also showed me some ways to pamper the pups. Turned out we weren't really handling them properly .
He strongly advised against whipping them pups

Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by knyte(m): 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
REDBULL1:
I invited a friend who's a dog whisperer. He handled the dogs for a whole day n now they're comfortable with the chain. he advised me to keep the chain on for 2-3 weeks before I take it off so that they'll be used to it. He also showed me some ways to pamper the pups. Turned out we weren't really handling them properly .
He strongly advised against whipping them pups
That's good brov. Good dogs
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by REDBULL1(m): 10:11am On Jul 19, 2015
knyte:
That's good brov. Good dogs
thanks man. I'm told they're pure Alsatian.
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by knyte(m): 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
REDBULL1:

thanks man. I'm told they're pure Alsatian.
Just do the right things at d ryte time nd u wld av no issues with ur dog's. Thumbsup*
Re: Help, I'm Lost!!! by REDBULL1(m): 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
knyte:

Just do the right things at d ryte time nd u wld av no issues with ur dog's. Thumbsup*

Obrigado.

(1) (Reply)

Puppies For Sale In Owerri / Help Me. My Puppy Is Suffering From Paralysis (pics) / Mating Stud Required For Female Caucasian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.