Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Morning Devotion: Keeping Away The Elephants Philippians 4:6-13 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Morning Devotion: Keeping Away The Elephants Philippians 4:6-13 (447 Views)

The Most Powerful Truth Revealed By Apostle Paul In The Bible!! - Andrew Wommack / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (tuesday - 14/7//15)- PHILIPPIANS 4:19 WAS / Philippians 4:19 Was Earned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Morning Devotion: Keeping Away The Elephants Philippians 4:6-13 by graluxxy054(f): 5:29am On Jul 15, 2015
A man was sitting at a park bench shredding old newspaper and spreading them around. "What are you doing?" asked a bystander. "I'm spreading this paper around to keep the elephants away." The visitor looked around the well kept city park. "I don't see any elephants," he said. The man smiled. "Works pretty good, doesn't it," he replied.
Worry is like that. We expend a lot of energy on problems that don't exist. Yes, I know we all face real problems, but we often create additional ones by thinking of all the bad things that might happen but never do.
One of the great challenges for worriers is to turn every worry to prayer and then to stop there, leaving it with God. Some people find this difficult to do, perhaps because they are pessimistic or sensitive by nature. But there is hope!
Paul's counsel in Phil.4:6 is not a mechanical formula but a tested reality. He had found peace and contentment (v.7,11). Yet, notice the phrase in verse 12, "I have learned." Learning takes time. It is a process marked by trial and error, and by perseverance. Aren't you glad that our teacher, the Lord Jesus, is patient with us- even when we tear up papers and spread them around?
>>> Dennis J. De Haan

Good morning

2 Likes

Re: Morning Devotion: Keeping Away The Elephants Philippians 4:6-13 by signz: 6:00am On Jul 15, 2015
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

100% Proof That Christ Is Real.{free Video} After Adam And Eve Offended God,he G / He Constantly Abides / Graphic Photos: Choir Master Meets His Untimely Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.