Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,360 members, 7,846,557 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group (15068 Views)

Saraki Reshuffles Senate Committees, Tinubu, Marafa Get “juicy” Post / Pro-Saraki Group Clashes With Occupy NASS Protesters / Saraki Names Four Senate Committees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by teebaxy(m): 8:00am On Jul 15, 2015
God please lift me above all my enemies, let them talk about me, if lawan had won the election, i'm sure nigerians will stil have things to say.
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by strongerthaneva(m): 8:01am On Jul 15, 2015
chymystique:
APC ~ 'Party of Dullards and Hypocrites'

PDP party of saTANist and cluelesssenseless..downfall as the surname..

1 Like

Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by Candyrain(m): 8:04am On Jul 15, 2015
abe27633:
true I guess
It's crazy and annoying the way they beat around the bush
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by olamidefatoye(f): 8:14am On Jul 15, 2015
Owk!
Guys, the newest ,reigning, easy and fun networking in Nigeria now is Oriflame. become one of Oriflme's wealthy consultants in Nigeria with only 1,200 naira. Oriflame is global leader in natural skin care, hair and body care products etc. Its damn real. To know more and register, Follow http://my.oriflame.com.ng/olamidearijeoriflameteam
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by Sodijan(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2015
If care is nt taking APC will nt achieve anything in dis PMB regime
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by eliwa47(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Hmmm......let's see if judas will not strike again!!!
Lolz!
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by doncholino(m): 8:31am On Jul 15, 2015
MrPeterson:
I think the best way to resolve this crises is to impeach both d spearker and deputy , else it will always be from one issue to the other. PDP VOTED saraki for me and he must remain loyal to them to keep his job . Expel him from Apc and then impeach him .
xpel him and he goes with like minds to PDP . APC becomes automatic minority. A clear case of cutting ones nose to spite anodas face.
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by deltapikin(m): 8:36am On Jul 15, 2015
People are just turning everything to politics in order to crucify SP. There is no way APC and PDP will get equal numbers of committee chairman even though they share it equally among the six geo political zones. For instance, in SS PDP has five states, APC 1, SE PDP 3, APC 1, APGA 1, SW APC 4, PDP 1 and APC has more senators in Ondo state, in NC, NE, NW are almost controlled by APC except Taraba. With this it is a clear fact that APC has the majority, so how are they going to share the position equally between APC and PDP? Or are they going to allow some PDP senators head two committees which will not be possible.
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by change49ja: 8:55am On Jul 15, 2015
adioolayi:
Is Melaye the APC, Senate or Sarakis spokes person?

I ask myself the same question. APC is making a big mistake by not punishing these guys.
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you Sir! PDP shall be given Chairmanship slots.

From every indication, PDP will be more favoured with Juicy committees than their APC counterparts in relation to ratio based on the following assumptions.

PDP senators are regionally concentrated with almost no APC Senator from SS and SE meaning PDP gets 9 * 2 = 18 out of 54 committees

PDP from Taraba, Gombe and Benue are senior Senators hence they will certainly have an edge over new APC comers meaning more chairmanship positions.

Most APC Senators are first timers and lack legislative experiences hence will certainly be good as deputies.

In summary, the Senate will depend on PDP's Senators wealth of experiences to stabilize the Senate and the polity at large.

I see APC acting as the main opposition party in the parliament throughout the duration of 8th National Assembly

1 Like

Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2015
I hope they play their default opposition role well because they will need it in 2019 when we send them packing from Aso Rock.
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

From every indication, PDP will be more favoured than their APC counterparts in relation to ratio based on the following assumptions.

PDP senators are regionally concentrated with almost no APC Senator from SS and SE meaning PDP gets 9 * 2 = 18.

PDP from Taraba, Gombe and Benue are senior Senators hence they will certainly have an edge over new APC comers.

Most APC Senators are first timers and lack legislative experiences hence will certainly be good as deputies.

In summary, the Senate will depend on PDP's Senators wealth of experiences to stabilize the Senate and the polity at large.

I see APC acting as the main opposition party in the parliament throughout the duration of 8th National Assembly
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by philips70(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:

That's what PDP is all about, juicy positions and sharing of largesse. See how you stress am. Reasons why they were booted out after 16years of looting and sharing of our collective patrimony. Tufia, them curse that party with stealing!
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:14am On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:
I hope they play their default opposition role well because they will need it in 2019 when we send them packing from Aso Rock.

They are by far better suited for opposition politics until they become cohesive and stable.

They made Goodluck Jonathan's seat hot and proactive.

They made him conscious of the excesses of his subordinates and the best of them, they made him take responsibility for everything under his watch.

In summary, we need this brand of APC party to continue playing opposition politics in Nigeria to enhance our democracy and put Nigeria democracy on world's map and in every major international news outlet's daily bulletins.

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by philips70(m): 9:17am On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:

In case you no see this one let me put it here again for you. From the strongest in PDP, Temitemi's role model. PDP no go see 2000km to Aso Rock in 2019, Oshokomole says so!

Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by MrPeterson(m): 9:21am On Jul 15, 2015
kenny987:

Impeachment doesn't just happen, there must be impeachable offences committed and party affiliation or supposed anti-party activities are NOT grounds for an impeachment. Even if he is expelled from the party, he had the valid required majority of numbers to clinch the seat of President. Unless he commits offences bordering on misappropriation of funds or dereliction of his duties, gross misconduct and so on, he cannot be impeached. An impeachment also calls for fair hearing not just 2/3 votes so he must also defend himself when any allegations are made against him. Note that party rules do not govern the business of the National Assembly even if APC will want to make it look like their party has the final say even when it may be detrimental to the common good of the people.

Let's just pray they get over these party/tribal sentiments and do what they were elected to do.

You've got a valid point there . But after yesterday's blunder about confirmation of the service chiefs, i think it wont take time to find an impeachable offence to nail him .

Pdp's blood run in his vain.
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 15, 2015
philips70:

That's what PDP is all about, juicy positions and sharing of largesse. See how you stress am. Reasons why they were booted out after 16years of looting and sharing of our collective patrimony. Tufia, them curse that party with stealing!
Uncle which one be your own na? So PDP shouldn't take part of committee sharing?
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by pomporiking: 9:24am On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:

Don't for one second think they would get the juicy slots
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 15, 2015
The problem with APC brand of politics is that they are ready to burn down the wholes house to bring down a government without having any plan for the people they seek to govern. Just like the Mislim Brotherhood of Egypt.

APC will go down like them.
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

They are by far better suited for opposition politics until they become cohesive and stable.

They made Goodluck Jonathan's seat hot and proactive.

They made him conscious of the excesses of his subordinates and the best of them, they made him take responsibility for everything under his watch.

In summary, we need this brand of APC party to continue playing opposition politics in Nigeria to enhance our democracy and put Nigeria democracy on world's map and in every major international news outlet's daily bulletins.
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 15, 2015
philips70:

In case you no see this one let me put it here again for you. From the strongest in PDP, Temitemi's role model. PDP no go see 2000km to Aso Rock in 2019, Oshokomole says so!
Wetin concern me with that one? We (Nigerians) are already tired of APC.
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2015
MrPeterson:

You've got a valid point there . But after yesterday's blunder about confirmation of the service chiefs, i think it wont take time to find an impeachable offence to nail him .

Pdp's blood run in his vain.

There was no blunder rather a propaganda and misconstrued speech.

Saraki was in the 7th NASS when the last officers of military top brass were confirmed hence he is in the know.

Don't be easily swayed by media sensationalisms and Lagos based online and social media propagandists.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by philips70(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:
Uncle which one be your own na? So PDP shouldn't take part of committee sharing?

Na that sharing be the issue. That sharing has never been in the interest of the common man since 1999. PDP, share the money is the slogan we have been used to. You think Nigerians will go back to that vomit even if APC fails?? Naaaa. And you are only tired of artificial situations PDP created. Reasonable people know the wheel of progress is grinding on exponentially. By 2019 Nigerians will forget PDP ever existed.
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by jaymichael(m): 11:05am On Jul 15, 2015
kenny987:

Impeachment doesn't just happen, there must be impeachable offences committed and party affiliation or supposed anti-party activities are NOT grounds for an impeachment. Even if he is expelled from the party, he had the valid required majority of numbers to clinch the seat of President. Unless he commits offences bordering on misappropriation of funds or dereliction of his duties, gross misconduct and so on, he cannot be impeached. An impeachment also calls for fair hearing not just 2/3 votes so he must also defend himself when any allegations are made against him. Note that party rules do not govern the business of the National Assembly even if APC will want to make it look like their party has the final say even when it may be detrimental to the common good of the people.

Let's just pray they get over these party/tribal sentiments and do what they were elected to do.
Exactly. There are procedures to these things and engaging in "anti-party" acts is not a legal justification for impeachment. The National Assembly serves the nation, not the party.
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by kenoz(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2015
Mtchew
Re: PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group by nortcentrallord(m): 3:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
Sounds more to me like Dino is the mouth piece of Saraki. All I see is plots, schemes and counter schemes. Nobody trust the other and it is used to selfish advantage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cameroon Bans Women Face Veil Over Bombings / 60 Days: Buhari Yet To Fulfill Any Electoral Promises – PDP. / Buhari Honours Izuchukwu, Winner Of National Scientists Presidential Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.