Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

CAPM Certification - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CAPM Certification (1156 Views)

Rome Business School Nigeria Project Management Course For Capm Certificate / Becoming A CAPM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAPM Certification by jinha(m): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2015
I intend sitting for the CAPM examination very soon, but I'm looking for a genuine R.E.P to do the pre exam course preferably in Lagos.
I'll be very grateful for your help
thanks in advance
Re: CAPM Certification by sheffyUTD(m): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
jinha:
I intend sitting for the CAPM examination very soon, but I'm looking for a genuine R.E.P to do the pre exam course preferably in Lagos.
I'll be very grateful for your help
thanks in advance

Are u currently working or you want to take the exam to enhance your employment ability? If working, good, but I don't have any place to recommend. For the latter, it does not worth it. Think of something else.
Re: CAPM Certification by Eddodoh(m): 1:06am On Jul 18, 2015
sheffyUTD:

Are u currently working or you want to take the exam to enhance your employment ability? If working, good, but I don't have any place to recommend. For the latter, it does not worth it. Think of something else.
I am planning to write one. What do you mean when you said that If s/he
isn't working shouldn't go for it?
Re: CAPM Certification by sheffyUTD(m): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2015
Eddodoh:

I am planning to write one. What do you mean when you said that If s/he
isn't working shouldn't go for it?

If you're working and you take it, your firm 'may' give you 'more' role in project team to contribute your 'knowledge' which earn you experience and qualifies you to take PMP (if you wish). More so, you will have financial absorber to re-take the exam when it expires.

If you're not working, the fact is, you may not get employed before the stuff expires, and the moment it does, you can not refer to it again except you retake it.

Opinion: if you must take exam, why not take permanent professional one, get a job and if you still love PM, do the needful. Or take up a volunteering job in PM if you so love the field, that experience is far resounding than CAPM.
Re: CAPM Certification by Eddodoh(m): 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2015
sheffyUTD:

If you're working and you take it, your firm 'may' give you 'more' role in project team to contribute your 'knowledge' which earn you experience and qualifies you to take PMP (if you wish). More so, you will have financial absorber to re-take the exam when it expires.

If you're not working, the fact is, you may not get employed before the stuff expires, and the moment it does, you can not refer to it again except you retake it.

Opinion: if you must take exam, why not take permanent professional one, get a job and if you still love PM, do the needful. Or take up a volunteering job in PM if you so love the field, that experience is far resounding than CAPM.
OK!!! If i understand u, u are against certificates dat expires or irrelevant and not advising against taking professional course/exams.

I wrote a project management exam during my service year wit IPMP and d certificate titled Certified Project Manager. I also did NIM. Since then it add nothing to my CV, present job (call center agent) or employability. I see it as a waste of resources.

Recently, I have bin on a cross-road wit my present job & i need a better job. Have re-written my CV severally yet d jobs ain't coming. I have thought of doing a professional course & i am considering CISCO or any course in Human Resources. The probability of duin CISCO is low considering dat i don't have IT background but HR may take high probability cos i studied Coop. Econs & Mgt.
Re: CAPM Certification by jinha(m): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
sheffyUTD:

I totally understand your stand... thanks
Re: CAPM Certification by sheffyUTD(m): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
jinha:
I totally understand your stand... thanks
You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Paint Production Training And Other Business In Ibadan / So Sad!! Jumia Staff Dies On The Job / [ladies Only] Whose Show Off Inspires You The Most? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.