Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow (2205 Views)

Pictures Upcoming Artistes Can Relate To / Why Are Most Upcoming Naija Artistes Wack / 7 Reasons Why Falz’s Soldier Video Is The Best Video You’ll Watch This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by Revolva(m): 9:48am On Jul 15, 2015
Most upcoming artistes fail to blow not by destiny or ill luck, but as a result of lack of priorities, styles and many more which we shall discuss.

1. They Don’t Advertise Themselves

If you think miracle is all you need to blow, then you must be seriously sleeping on a moving bicycle. To blow in Nigeria, you have to advertise yourself aggressively and give it whatever it takes. As a matter of fact, it’s not a bad idea advertising that track of yours on a good music blog where we have music freaks who are always at alert to download front page musics, and may not even hesitate to share it with their friends if it’s really worth it. You can ask Qdot and Olamide, they will confirm to you that good music will surely help your Career.

2. They Patronize Cheap Producers

You need not sing like Michael Jackson before you blow. However, the impact of good production cannot be overemphasized anytime any day. Most upcoming artistes may not blow because they always patronize backyard producers who will produce 5 tracks for them at the rate of N10, 000. Ooooh common that ridiculously cheap !!.

We know you are not rich yet! But at least, spending as little as N20, 000 to produce a single track is much more better than seeking producers who produce 5 tracks for N10, 000

3. Lack of Creativity

What makes one stand out amongst his peers is creativity and uniqueness. However, many upcoming artistes fail to get to the peak of their dreams not because witches and wizards are following them, but because they are not creative in any way.

4. Pride

Pride is also a determinant of how far one will go in his music career. However, it is very evident that it’s the habit of most upcoming artistes to always give people a false sense of their financial status through their dressings, spending and what not. They are sometimes proud that they raise shoulders to people who are meant to help or make their dreams come true in a little way they can. This is one of the reasons why many of them have failed to blow

5. Poor Dress Sense

They say your appearance is the first letter of recommendation. The mode of dressing of many upcoming artistes is sometimes childish and annoying. You see many of them dressing like masquerades; looking unkempt, poor colour combination, unattractive hairstyle, and many more which I cannot mention. The truth of the matter is that, when your appearance cannot catch people”s fancy, how do you convince them to listen to your track?

6. Immature Lyrics

Good lyrics and punch lines is all you need to at least gain some recognition. When you listen to the songs of many upcoming artistes, you will keep wondering if the songs was composed within the ambit of 5mins. That is, they sing a chorus repeatedly for about three minutes after which a verse will follow suite and that’s the end of the song. Haba !!! It may be working for Vizkid but that doesn’t mean you should try that

7. Imitating The Style Of Others

To succeed in life, you have to do something others are not doing, or what they have never done. As a matter of fact, we know that 2face already has his own style and that’s his brand, so why copy his style as a leverage to also get to limelight ?, when you know that you may be seen as a copy cat . Try to build up your own style

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by Irises(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2015
who tok am

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by IamOpemipo(m): 9:51am On Jul 15, 2015
Some valid, som invalid
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by viceldo(m): 10:04am On Jul 15, 2015
not all really
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by hatux: 11:21am On Jul 15, 2015
Make sense... Aiforce you heargrin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by Simitrendy: 11:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Pride:- This upcoming musician I do know hates referring him as an upcoming act. Lool he would say that can you call a Doctor an upcoming doctor. *For My Mind I would be like he is a premature upcoming musician

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by Awesomeking: 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
Holla...very true,many upcoming artists i work with

one upcoming artist that was talking to me on whatsapp

told me i charge too much just to write a song for him,he claims he can write better songs (though he hasnt ever heard my song before,clear sign of overprone pride)

this pride issue is annoying,i gave 2 free songs that night to people who claimed they dont have funds and will contact me when they do ,and if he had being honest and told me he didnt have 5k,i will have considered given him a free song,well i urge all you artists to check your pride because you dont really know who you are forming to..thats fact..i am a big deal,he just didnt know that..meanwhile read my signature abeg..accnt getting dry.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
guy credit tosyne2much
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by sathel(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
May God help we upcoming artiste
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by tosyne2much(m): 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
I don't get angry when people copy my work, but at least you should give credit to me

www..ng/2015/07/14/reasons-why-most-upcoming-artistes-will-never-blow/

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by tosyne2much(m): 6:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
presher:
guy credit tosyne.2much
Broda mi, na so I see am ooooo
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by JOBERMAN(f): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
Here is a place where you can upload your songs for people to download: www.mp3submit.com

Note that getting your songs on the internet is one of the top ways to get you fame as an upcoming artist because getting your song on the Internet will pave a way for a lot of people to download your song.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
Some needs to make more connections .I was talking to one on his promotion.he told me if he goes to naijaloaded they will charge him less.he was to later come back to us again and we took a much higher sum from him.

In the meantime visit www.tooxclusive.com for latest musics,news and videos.hook me up for promotions and advert placement into tooxclusive
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by Revolva(m): 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
tosyne2much:
I don't get angry when people copy my work, but at least you should give credit to me

www..ng/2015/07/14/reasons-why-most-upcoming-artistes-will-never-blow/

Ohh bros sorry i forgot to mention you ..ok
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by jimmychang: 12:29am On Feb 14, 2019
Awesomeking:
Holla...very true,many upcoming artists i work with

one upcoming artist that was talking to me on whatsapp

told me i charge too much just to write a song for him,he claims he can write better songs (though he hasnt ever heard my song before,clear sign of overprone pride)

this pride issue is annoying,i gave 2 free songs that night to people who claimed they dont have funds and will contact me when they do ,and if he had being honest and told me he didnt have 5k,i will have considered given him a free song,well i urge all you artists to check your pride because you dont really know who you are forming to..thats fact..i am a big deal,he just didnt know that..meanwhile read my signature abeg..accnt getting dry.

boss
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by Awesomeking: 9:49am On Feb 20, 2019
jimmychang:

boss
chairman, whats up?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Most Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow by ClearPush184: 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
I think that your epressions are right. Also there are so many musicians fell down because of their drugs and alchohol addict. I have never been undrestand this type of people. I'm so proud of my favourite band Cafe Tacuba. They are so hardworking. by the way, if you like the to , you can visit treir concerts at Cafe Tacuba Tour

(1) (Reply)

Advanced 3-6-2-5-1 Chord Progressions / Watch Live Stream: Soundcity Mvp Awards Festival / DOWNLOAD MP3: NBA Youngboy - Kacey Talk (free)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.