Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,594 members, 7,823,580 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Is Apprenticeship A Better Form Of Education? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Apprenticeship A Better Form Of Education? (484 Views)

Uju Rochas-Anwuka Appointed Board Member Of Federal College Of Education, Omoku / We Are Going To Forbid Any Form Of Monopoly- Lai Mohammed / Why We Can’t Disclose Asset Form Of Saraki, Others – CCB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Apprenticeship A Better Form Of Education? by lynx200(m): 10:00am On Jul 15, 2015
I remember when I started my first job. There were so many things that I had no idea about like customer service, marketing, etiquette etc. which I had to be learn on the fly. Many graduates can relate to this experience which can be overwhelming for many. Some don’t even get over it.

There are other signs that our young ones are not getting a good and useful education especially on social media where you see the poor sentences and terrible thinking on display and you cannot reiterate the need for an overhaul of the education system.

Education is the primary means of social mobility for lower income people in any society but when it cannot help one earn a good living then something is wrong. What is taught in many schools today is sorely outdated and the rote learning employed as the means of instruction does not enhance critical thinking which is needed for any society to progress.

Read the rest of the article here http://www.jovibabs.com/gotta-change-whats-on-the-education-blackboard/

(1) (Reply)

On Radio Biafra! / Aid Needed / Oshiomole Vs Okonjo-iweala: Questions Iweala Must Answer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.