Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Police Harassing Motorist In Abuja Over Driver's Licence. Pls Tell ur xperience - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Harassing Motorist In Abuja Over Driver's Licence. Pls Tell ur xperience (446 Views)

Police Storm Brothel In Gwagwalada, Abuja, Over 10 Female Students Arrested / Two Women Beat A Man In Akure For Harassing Them (photos) / Mob Killed And Burnt Barber In Abuja Over N10 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Harassing Motorist In Abuja Over Driver's Licence. Pls Tell ur xperience by intercom: 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
Good day good people of NL, I had experience yesterday when driving towards Julius Begger round about here in Abuja FCT, I was stopped by a police man who demanded to see my Driver's Licence and Vehicle Particular.

After presenting it to him, he went through and declared my Licence is fake, I demanded for him to show how and why it is called fake, and why would VIO give a fake licence? before I could know, he informed me that my vehicle is under arrest and that I would be forced or moved to mobile court, my offence penalty is N10k. and that I will be taken to Road Safety Corp. for another licence.

Upon begging and begging I was given a deaf ear. While with them, the way taxi drivers and other motorist are treated is not human, I mean police guys over there are HEARTLESS, A taxi guy was relaxing in his car after a day's work opposite Julius begger's gate not close to the round about which they cautioned drivers not to park, to my greatest surprise, one of the police man assigned there just went to him and spread teargas on his face and the guy was pushed out while his car was taken to the police outpost at begger/Utako. The guy woke up with shout and screaming, mean while it was hawkers and passers by who helped him with water and hand towel to clean his face.

Please we need the help of well meaning Nigerians, I am a Nigerian and I cant drive freely, I cant have a little right and freedom? I was almost slapped by one of the Police men who cautioned me to stop pleading with him. Can you imagine since 4.35pm I was held up there, and was latter released divinely by 7.59pm.

Before my released, I was asked to take a 2(two) star officer to his home before he ordered my licence should be given me, which I did. and that was how God delivered me.

Nigerians are going tro hell in the hands of police men in this country, how do we stop this mess?
Re: Police Harassing Motorist In Abuja Over Driver's Licence. Pls Tell ur xperience by DuchessLily(f): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
I dey always wonder too
Re: Police Harassing Motorist In Abuja Over Driver's Licence. Pls Tell ur xperience by DaGC(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
Sorry for the experience.

1 of the many reasons why many Nigerians say 'the police is not your friend'

(1) (Reply)

National Cake: Ndigbo Don’t Need To Vote Buhari To Get Their Share / Fashion Isabel Marant Sale Beat Is / Update On 6yr Old Boy Stabbed By His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.