Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Contract Workers At BIRS Seek's Gov. Ortom's Urgent Attention - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Contract Workers At BIRS Seek's Gov. Ortom's Urgent Attention (728 Views)

Fatal crash involving Gov.Ortom Wheelbarrow In Benue State / Serious Commotion As Huge Python Shocks Construction Workers At Building Site / Sex Workers Hold Candlelight Procession For Slain Colleagues In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Contract Workers At BIRS Seek's Gov. Ortom's Urgent Attention by jaybossYBNL(m): 7:43am On Jul 16, 2015
Here is a message from a non indigene of Benue state working at the Benue Internal Revenue Service (BIRS), He is calling the governor to come to their aid.

I wont reveal his name because of security reasons.

Read below and share until it gets to the governor, Chief Dr. Samuel Ortom.

During the Nominalization of the Contract Staff of BIRS, those who were not of Benue Origin were left out and placed on CONTRACT APPOINTMENT for only TWO (2) Years. Only SEVENTEEN (17) Staff were given this Contract Employment. These people had worked in BIRS for many years before this appointment was given.

The 17 Staff were therafter posted all back to BIRS as Contract Staffs under the Benue State Civil Service. Unlike the old Contract under BIRS, the payment of SALARY was to be made by the State Government and not by BIRS.

However, while the other BIRS Staff have done their Biometric and waiting to be paid their salaries from January, 2015 to date, the Contract Staff are NOT so priviledged.

While the Contract Staff have all been issued with the State Civil Service Identity Card, they are yet to do their Biometric.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance has refused to approve that Biometric be done for the Contract Staff. Her reason been that she has a directive not to treat New Employments.

As a Corper, I served BIRS and was thereafter recommended for employment in June, 2012. I am also among the 17 Contract Staff. Like my colleagues, the harsh economic situation becomes more tense knowing that our other colleagues are to be paid soon, while others have been paid some months.

Our PLEA is that the attention of the Governor be brought to this our condition. We sincerely have comitted no other than 'Been from another State'.

I sincerely wish that you will assist in bringing this matter before the GOVERNOR.

Thanks!

A Help To One, Is An Help To All!

http://www.jaybossng.com/2015/07/contract-workers-at-birs-seeks-gov.html

(1) (Reply)

My Roomate Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp Wearing Only A Short Boxers And Singlet / Dead La Man Who Had 1,200 Guns Identified, Is 'part Alien' / Bomb Blast In Kano Just Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.