Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,044 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman (30984 Views)

Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) / Nigerian Woman Tied With Rope In India, Sedated After She Turned Violent (video) / Nigerian Woman Saw Danfo In Houston, Texas (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by kliq(m): 11:24am On Jul 16, 2015
Tbasen:

Yes even in DXB. I once went for medical check up in one of the hospital there on January 2013.Paid for comprehensive but at the lab the the nurse a Filipino woman refused carrying out a test related to prostrate cancer investigation even though it was paid.For up to 4 days she kept on posting me that the Dr to carry out the test on my anus weren't around.When on the 5th day i protested to the the Indian Dr.asking for a refund of 1000 paid for the test-he then directed another Indian lab tech to carry test on me because the Phillipino would not touch the 40yrs black man.I have stopped using the hospital for check-up.Yes even in Dubai!!!

Damn! It's quite disheartening to know they extend such acts to sick people. sad
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by brirold(m): 11:25am On Jul 16, 2015
Mercy after death.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:26am On Jul 16, 2015
I DONT BLAME THEM!

NIGERIAN WOMEN HAVE DISGRACED US IN UAE! LAST TIME I WENT WAS FILLED WITH NIGERIAN PR.OSTUTE.

I WONDER WAT OUR EMBASSY IS DOING TO CURB THIS MENACE? USELESS PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Originalsly: 11:27am On Jul 16, 2015
Hmmm....not saying it was right...but she is a wannabe American and should learn not to force herself into places where not Blacks...but Black Nigerian women are not welcomed. Her 10 years living there...being a professional.... in company with just graduated American friend meant nothing to them....they saw her as a Nigerian woman which meant at that joint she had to be a prostitute. I'm sure the other women she pointed out at the bar were non Nigerians. Hmm....it reminds her if 1930's America...was she there?..,didn't it remind her of anything in Nigeria? An American would've been paid very well if such a thing happened to them.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by kliq(m): 11:29am On Jul 16, 2015
ooshinibos:

tribalism reigns in Naija ..look around you

True that and it's just shameful, tribalism mostly occur verbally though...we still got love for one another deep inside
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by kliq(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2015
tiffanny:
Dubai is not a racist country if am asked but all I know is that their was a misunderstanding and the managements made it up to the victim and even apologies to the lady

Oh cool then.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by no2fuks(m): 11:39am On Jul 16, 2015
Tbasen:

Yes even in DXB. I once went for medical check up in one of the hospital there on January 2013.Paid for comprehensive but at the lab the the nurse a Filipino woman refused carrying out a test related to prostrate cancer investigation even though it was paid.For up to 4 days she kept on posting me that the Dr to carry out the test on my anus weren't around.When on the 5th day i protested to the the Indian Dr.asking for a refund of 1000 paid for the test-he then directed another Indian lab tech to carry test on me because the Phillipino would not touch the 40yrs black man.I have stopped using the hospital for check-up.Yes even in Dubai!!!

ewwwww... I dont blame her

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by no2fuks(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
All middle east including the west an europe racism still prevail don't be deceived

including africa
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2015
I remember my first time in Dubai, while shopping at carrefour deira city centre, one of their security guy keep following me and my tour guide around.
when I looked around and see it's not the same thing with the white customers in the hypermarket, I gave him a look of why following me, the look on his face was somehow and I felt really bad on that day.
The discrimination against us is just too much!

useless peeps.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by daey118(m): 11:51am On Jul 16, 2015
now i think i understand the bleaching thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by wokomabest(m): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2015
But we adore these garlic breathing monsters here.we can kill our own brother for them.

In Bob marley's voice :africa unite

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by bigtt76(f): 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2015
They have similar case hanging over their head in Ghana too.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Sunseeker: 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
How many impoverished Indians who sell banana on dere heads run to Naija to seek greener pasture and are beaten like dogs in the street in view of Police ?

YET WE RUN TO DERE LANDS WITHOUT CARING TO STAY AND DEVELOPE OUR OWN !!
Untill we stop all dis TRIBAL BIGOTRY....Bleaching creme...Stinking Weave on...anti Ghana foolishness, and SELF HATE.. IT WILL NEVER STOP !!.....We hate Ourselve....WHY WONT DEY HATE US AND INSULT OUR WOMAN !!
If we marry oyibo and bring home to Nigeria..its better dan PHd and dey will roast cow for u !!! It get as it be!
ROBBISH ! undecided

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by kabaka1: 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
an apology won't repair the damage on their personality, they should be fined heavily...

...and also she should sue dem and be compensated for the embarrassment and heartache they've caused her.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
an apology won't repair the damage on their personality, they should be fined heavily...
So would the heavy fine, It won't change anything on their personality.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ttmacoy: 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
While I agree the hotel security over reactive and could have handled it better, please stop screaming racism.

This is due to the bad image we have portrayed abroad. There are many Nigerian prostitutes in Dubai and the hotel must have had lots of issues with them.

Let's call a spade a spade we have created a very bad image abroad which will take years to fix so stop shouting racism everytime.

This is more an issue of stereotyping than racism.

And I'm very sure that they would act same way to single women from the likes of China or the Philippines because the also make up a large proportion of prostitutes in dubai.

maverickdude:
fuc*ing racists

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by tsdarkside(m): 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
bettercreature:
Why are you foools blaming them?sebi you are calling your country a ZOO and you want Oyinbo to respect? useless black race

word....

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ttmacoy: 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
Thank you. Why are we so quick to scream racism.

This is more stereotyping based on the actions of few and everyone does this.

Besides if we are really honest with ourselves w know we have spoilt out name in dubai. Isn't it the same Dubai that was trying to make visa rules against unaccompanied Nigerian women a few months ago?

We love to believe we are victimised against and always forget all the crap we do to deserve the bad reputation we have.

Daintilicious:
lol
But if you look at the matter closely, it is true
Lot of "stranded girls" use the opportunity to get close up with a potential bait at choice locations. But the hotel staff handled it badly
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by tsdarkside(m): 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
daey118:
now i think i understand the bleaching thing

na just now you understand?? this thing has been going on for a very lonnnng time...who likes to be insulted every time...??

of course,they will bleach,to have peace of mind...............
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ttmacoy: 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
1000 likes.

And that includes discrimination based on sexual orientation.

I am not gay but I am strongly against discrimination. If it is a sin leave them to their God.

Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination. Be it sexual, religious. Racial, tribal, beliefs etc. They are all discrimination.

Phonetikkks:
We give Dubai, Europe and whatnot countries the right to treat us like less humans (that we aren't).

If Nigeria held its shiiiiit together, and made the country good and conducive for its citizens, we won't be suffering all these racial taunts everywhere.

Personally, I think Nigerians must take the blindfold off, and realise we are the cause of all our problems. We project racism to the spotlight but dust 'tribalism' and 'religious segregation' (which consumes us) under the carpet.

Until we treat ourselves, and give the world a reason to respect us, they probably won't. Respect is earned!

Let's solve tribalism and religious bias in our country first, before focusing on "racism" as some distraction (or escape)... #God bless
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
olillywales:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-LDr__LXN-yg/Vadv94vSxnI/AAAAAAAF6T4/8TEur46xu9s/s1600/2980478080.jpg[/img]A Nigerian woman named Hanna Fanni was discriminated against at a hotel in Dubai on July 8th. The hotel staff at five-star hotel Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach refused to serve her and showed her the door when she visited the hotel's popular West Beach Bistro & Sports Lounge with her black American friend. The outraged Nigerian said what they did to them reminded her of 1930s America.

"They suspected us of being prostitutes and targeted us solely because of the colour of our skin. I have lived here for 10 years and have never been treated in such a disrespectful and despicable manner." Hannah said

“My friend had just graduated and we were hoping to enjoy a girls’ night out at the bar but came back traumatised. First the waitress refused to serve us and then a security guard ordered us to leave the hotel. At one stage he was ready to engage with us physically which is classified as assault and sexual harassment in UAE. He kept telling us that the bar didn’t allow unaccompanied women. I found it strange because there were several tables occupied by women. When I pointed to them, he said he was merely following orders.” Hannah said

Hannah said as things got heated, the bar manager intervened.

“I showed him my business card. When he saw it, his face contorted in panic as it dawned on him that they had racially profiled the wrong people. But instead of making amends, he said the security guard had asked us to leave as some black women had come in earlier and solicited their guests. I was stunned. Just because some black women had approached their guests, the hotel assumed we were also prostitutes.”

Hannah said, realizing their mistake, the hotel tried to make amend but they were so humiliated they had to leave

“On the way out, I stopped at the front desk and sought to speak to the duty manager but he refused to meet us. Instead a female staff came out and tried to hush up the matter saying ‘Obama is the President of US’ as if that had anything to do with us. I want the management of the hotel to realise that this isn’t 1930. This is 2015. You cannot walk up to random black women and tell them you will not serve them because they are black. I am completely flabbergasted that in this day and age the policy of an international chain is to not allow people into their bars because of the colour of their skin,” she said

Hannah, who heads an events management company later wrote to management of the hotel, asking for an apology. And they did apologize to her, calling it an unfortunate incident.

"The incident occurred purely due to the misunderstanding of the employees and we would like to clarify that there is no such management policy existent in the hotel. Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach welcomes and respect each and every guest and this incident in no way reflects our true standards of service. An official apology letter from the hotel management and employees involved has also been sent to the guest.” the management said

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/dubai-hotel-management-apologies-after.html

Lets see the type of clothes they wore cos am sure indecent dressing had something to do with this.

If you dress like a prostitute , expect to be treated as one.

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
Its obvious something is wrong with this womans dressing, I mean why complain of being called a prostitute when you dress as one. undecided
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ttmacoy: 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
For all those screaming racism, please read the o women have been doing to gain such a reputation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/asewo-dubai-how-nigerian-ladies-prostitute-in-uae/
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by uzolexis(f): 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
An apology can't do Ma'am, sue the freaking hotel.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by otokx(m): 12:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
What can we say? Thank you Lord. The Nigerian embassy should take it up and till its sorted out, Nigerians should be discouraged from going to that hotel.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
There would never be a place like home. Stop fighting to be treated like you're a son when you're just a worker, a staff. if we hadn't messed our economy up back home all these racism acts will pass. So, when you're treated like a monkey in the white man's land, it is because we really are like one; we are pathetic wannabe's, we wanna dress like them, talk like them, eat like them and even behave like them. A feat we can never attain no matter what! So why won't they humiliate a fool? They just been honest with us and because the truth stings, our yells! Let Africa clean up its mess economically, go back to the roots and dig up buried African values that are beautiful, adopt it and live it. Only then can we start feeling like a king. Fake will never be treated like the original. Now cos by nature Whites are very curious , they will come like they came in the early centuries so we actually need to have a big African plan so we won't be fooled twice.... Let's start from somewhere, we gotta first re-orientate ourselves and work in synergy to actualize one exploitation free Africa that is Independent Original Prosperous and Rich- economically, culturally or what have you.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by SegunAdewole: 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
Movenpick hotel, Jumeirah Beach, dubai is RACIST. All future customers be warned. CASE CLOSED.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
olillywales:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-LDr__LXN-yg/Vadv94vSxnI/AAAAAAAF6T4/8TEur46xu9s/s1600/2980478080.jpg[/img]A Nigerian woman named Hanna Fanni was discriminated against at a hotel in Dubai on July 8th. The hotel staff at five-star hotel Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach refused to serve her and showed her the door when she visited the hotel's popular West Beach Bistro & Sports Lounge with her black American friend. The outraged Nigerian said what they did to them reminded her of 1930s America.

"They suspected us of being prostitutes and targeted us solely because of the colour of our skin. I have lived here for 10 years and have never been treated in such a disrespectful and despicable manner." Hannah said

“My friend had just graduated and we were hoping to enjoy a girls’ night out at the bar but came back traumatised. First the waitress refused to serve us and then a security guard ordered us to leave the hotel. At one stage he was ready to engage with us physically which is classified as assault and sexual harassment in UAE. He kept telling us that the bar didn’t allow unaccompanied women. I found it strange because there were several tables occupied by women. When I pointed to them, he said he was merely following orders.” Hannah said

Hannah said as things got heated, the bar manager intervened.

“I showed him my business card. When he saw it, his face contorted in panic as it dawned on him that they had racially profiled the wrong people. But instead of making amends, he said the security guard had asked us to leave as some black women had come in earlier and solicited their guests. I was stunned. Just because some black women had approached their guests, the hotel assumed we were also prostitutes.”

Hannah said, realizing their mistake, the hotel tried to make amend but they were so humiliated they had to leave

“On the way out, I stopped at the front desk and sought to speak to the duty manager but he refused to meet us. Instead a female staff came out and tried to hush up the matter saying ‘Obama is the President of US’ as if that had anything to do with us. I want the management of the hotel to realise that this isn’t 1930. This is 2015. You cannot walk up to random black women and tell them you will not serve them because they are black. I am completely flabbergasted that in this day and age the policy of an international chain is to not allow people into their bars because of the colour of their skin,” she said

Hannah, who heads an events management company later wrote to management of the hotel, asking for an apology. And they did apologize to her, calling it an unfortunate incident.

"The incident occurred purely due to the misunderstanding of the employees and we would like to clarify that there is no such management policy existent in the hotel. Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach welcomes and respect each and every guest and this incident in no way reflects our true standards of service. An official apology letter from the hotel management and employees involved has also been sent to the guest.” the management said

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/dubai-hotel-management-apologies-after.html

#MADEOFBLACK #ME
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 1:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
I love me skin color #MADEOFBLACK

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Mosh1: 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
ayusco85:
Am surprised they even apologised. Arab muslims are the most Racist race on earth. Bunch of virgin seeking terrorist
...Anything just to reveal your hatred for Muslims,where is religion mention in the write-up.I know anything Islamic gives you restless night.Deal with it,nobody can help you.Did you just said Arab Muslims are the most Racist?....shm.A fact or fiction?
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by tpiadotcom: 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
I hope those n.aked women being paraded on nairaland's front page, are not being packaged for Dubai?

The ones tied around a tree.

Just a couple of weeks ago, someone opened a thread claiming he took a girl to Dubai and abandoned her there, very d.umb excuse for human trafficking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Gets Trapped With His Bike In A Gutter After A Horrible Truck Accident. PICS / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea / Passengers Die In A Fatal Accident In Ondo (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.