Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,395 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

New Scam Alert!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Scam Alert!!! (771 Views)

New Scam Format: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Scammed On Facebook / Be Aware Of Dis New Scam Trick... / Beware Of This New Scam On Social Media. (my Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Scam Alert!!! by abisolaarshow(f): 11:20am On Jul 16, 2015
A friend of mine told me she met a guy on facebook. They exchanged numbers and kept talking. Not long the guy introduced her to his mum who was in Abuja on phone too. After sometime, he said he was travelling out of the country and would like my friend to keep in touch with his mum and help him give her whatever she needed which he would return to her as soon as he got back. The guy kept calling this friend of mine with an international number from his supposed UK travel, he also kept asking if she was in touch with the mum. My friend called the mum once and asked if she was fine and didn't need anything , she said everything was fine. Few days later a young girl called my friend crying on phone and saying the mum (i.e the guy's mum) fell down in the bathroom and was lying lifeless, they had to rush her to the hospital's emergency ward for immediate operation. She also said she had made a deposit of 20k (all the money they had) but the doctor demanded to speak with someone and she couldn't reach the brother on his Uk line so she decided to call my friend since she was his brother's wife to be. When the doctor requested for 90k na him my friend realize say this na perfect scam.

Fast forward to my own, I got a friend request on facebook, i checked out the guy's profile and new immediately he was the like of my friend's scammer. this is the conversation we had.

Guy:Hi beautiful..hw are you

Guy: you look good baby
Me: thnx

Guy:you are welcom baby

Guy: hw are you ovr there baby

Guy: Well am Desmond paul Mike, by name from a family of 4 me ,mom, Dad nd sis...Single with no lady, honest and caring. Am 36 of Age working with a marine company here in London, am an engineer by profession.. Am A christian by faith..
Me : good

Guy:very good my baby

Guy: baby can you send me your number so that we talk better on call ok

Guy: you look good baby

Guy: and also you can call me on my,line which is +447031936996.Thanks;

Me: So when are you planning to tell me your mother is in the surgical ward so i can pay for her operation bill?

Guy: hw baby
Me: ask ur brother onyedikachuku okafor (name of my friend's scammer

Guy: baby i can't get you

Guy: baby can you send me your number so that we talk better on call ok
Me: ok . dey there dey wait o. Ur market no go sell by God's grace

Guy:it shall nt be wel with you fool ladi like you
Chat conversation end.

Before i could type anything further, he blocked me from his account. My advice to all ladies out there is to beware of this so called guys that claim they are over seas and shouldn't be desperate to get a husband by all means. Thanks.

cc: Ikenna351 ,Afam4eva, OAM4J

3 Likes

Re: New Scam Alert!!! by ekim004(m): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2015
nigerians deceiving themselves since 01BC

1 Like

Re: New Scam Alert!!! by donholy28(m): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2015
No matter what mumu must fall and guy man must chop....
Re: New Scam Alert!!! by osaslord500(m): 11:28am On Jul 16, 2015
Black is intelligent
Re: New Scam Alert!!! by CreamyAutos(m): 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
Scammers are everywhere, my advice to everyone is to be vigilant and don't ever send MONEY to anybody without confirmed physical address or meet the person one on one.

1 Like

Re: New Scam Alert!!! by Tbells91(f): 7:45am On Jun 01, 2017
shocked

(1) (Reply)

... / A Teenage Boy Has Been Electrocuted To Death In Otukpo Area Of Benue State. / Horrific Photos From Abuja Bomb Blast Last Night (viewer Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.