Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

USA Had A Black President Before Obama: Historical Truth Or Political Motivation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / USA Had A Black President Before Obama: Historical Truth Or Political Motivation (571 Views)

If The USA Had Decided To Openly Support Biafra In The Nigerian Civil War / Letter To The President: Before It Is Too Late...remove The Ban On Foodstuffs / Why Buhari Does Not Need To Dine/wine With The Senate President Before They Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

USA Had A Black President Before Obama: Historical Truth Or Political Motivation by obanqua(m): 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
I have always been interested in history, politics and the aftermath.
History has always been kind to the victorious and often told only in his perspective i.e. whatever he wants to be made known. For instance, it is not common knowledge that there were female Pharaohs, simply because the male Pharaohs decided to wipe out/off all related history about them although one outstanding personality could not be so treated: Cleopatra (did you know she was Pharaoh in Egypt? grin )

In a recent research i stumbled upon this blog; http://dickgregory.com/latest-news/blog/a-black-man-a-moor-john-hanson

I did other checks, but most of them are in support of George Washington being the very 1st American President while I read somewhere that at least 8 black men were president -albeit pre-USA as we now know it- before George Washington.

This thread is meant to explore and not to point fingers hence I stand 'humbled' by sound arguments.
Re: USA Had A Black President Before Obama: Historical Truth Or Political Motivation by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
What we call the United States today was originally formed by 13 colonies of Britain. They came together as one to form the United States with George Washington as their President.
Re: USA Had A Black President Before Obama: Historical Truth Or Political Motivation by obanqua(m): 3:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
You are totally correct except that the nation existed before the declaration was signed and as such had the need for a leader i.e. President.
Then a tenure of 1year every 3years was signed into the constitution for the President. Check out the link above!

(1) (Reply)

African Leaders Must Help Continent, Not Sell It Off-global Research News / Opinion: We Need More Tanoid To Make This Section Active / Permanent Secretaries In Trouble Over Non-declaration Of Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.