Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,542 members, 7,857,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 07:33 AM

Could Tony Be The Best Lagos House Of Rep ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could Tony Be The Best Lagos House Of Rep ? (858 Views)

Meet Lai-Mohammed's Son 'jubril Folajimi' A Member Of Lagos House Of Assembly / Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Tony Be The Best Lagos House Of Rep ? by macjive01: 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
July 16, 2015 ↔ no comments
HON. TONY NWULU’S SURPRISE VISIT TO ISOLO GENERAL HOSPITAL RELIEVES PATIENTS OF FINANCIAL BURDEN
IMG_8441
ShareTweet+ 1Mail

It was a day of joy and honour for patients and staff of Isolo General Hospital when Hon. Tony Nwulu, Member House of Representatives, representing Oshodi/Isolo Federal Constituency II Lagos State, in his usual characteristics paid them an unscheduled visit.

Hon. Tony had during the last general election, promised to make the welfare of his constituents his priority. In keeping to his campaign promises, Hon. Tony ensures he touches base with his constituents by making spontaneous appearance at key places that afford him the opportunity to interact directly with members of his constituency.

Earlier today, July 15, 2015, Hon. Tony visited all the wards in Isolo General Hospital housing over 200 patients some of whom have been discharged but detained due to inability to pay their stipulated bills. Hon. Tony was emphatic to the plight of most patients on admission for different ailments. He equally visited those in prenatal and postnatal wards where he interacted closely with them. Some of them unburdened their hearts to him on their inability to pay their huge medical bills arising from delivery through CS and complications running into hundreds of thousands.

IMG_8458

Tony volunteered to offset all their bills, including the prenatal patients which runs into millions in naira. However, all the bills were paid before he left the hospital few hours later. Additionally, he gave money to six other patients who couldn’t afford their prescribed drugs as some of the drugs were said to cost N68,000 for a single dose. Moved by the plight of most of the patients, he gave out N10,000 and N30,000 respectively to all the patients in the hospital.

One of the beneficiary Adetutu Akiola who is to undergo surgical operation shed tears of joy as she termed the honourable ‘God sent’ as her operation was delayed due to lack of funds, but now God has answered her prayers.

Another patient, Mrs Lasisi Latifat, who gave birth through CS who has outstanding bill of N51,800 and additional N65,000 for a single dose of an injection called Haemoglobulin, thanked and prayed God to bless “their honourable” for coming to their rescue.

Other patients whose bills were paid to enable them undergo their respective surgeries include the following: Mrs Quadri Oluwatobi, Mrs Aluge Wealth, Mrs Raphael Janney, Mrs Adegbite, Mrs Blessing Ekiogu among others.

IMG_8433

Tony while speaking to Mr Henry Koleosho, Head Admin & Personnel, said the plight of the people of his constituency is his major priority, therefore he is open to assist in making sure his people receive adequate and timely health care. According to Honourable Tony “I’m on a mission to make my constituency the best among the rest, and that is why I’m here today to make sure the pregnant women and children of my constituency do not suffer. He added, in this constituency, there is no PDP, APC or LP, “we are all one and I will make sure we remain the best constituency, as I talk with you now, renovation and rehabilitation work is ongoing at Ajao Estate Police Station as well as some schools. We are out to make them the best in Nigeria.

Mr. Koleosho who received the honourable after the wards inspection praised and thanked him for such great and noble gesture, he prayed God to bless him with the wisdom of Solomon in the Bible. He said he was moved by Tony’s action, as many others before him only came and made big promises which were not redeemed.

PHOTO NEWS

IMG_8455

IMG_8454
Patient who’s surgical operation was delayed for lack of fund sheds tears of joy as her bills of N150,000 paid and N20,000 given to her in cash

IMG_8415
A patient unable to pay her CS delivery and drugs bills after 2 days of discharge receives N80,000 bill settlement and N20,000 given to her in cash

IMG_8456
Mrs Lasisi Latifat, Hepatitis patient receives N65,000 for injection and N51,800 for her CS delivery bills settlement, then N10,000 given to her in cash for her baby

IMG_8374
A pregnant woman unable to pay her surgical bill for days receives N120,000

IMG_8419
Jaundice patient receives N70,000 for drugs, another N100,000 for operation

IMG_8465

IMG_8457

IMG_8462

IMG_8468
Re: Could Tony Be The Best Lagos House Of Rep ? by macjive01: 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
Link
Re: Could Tony Be The Best Lagos House Of Rep ? by StOla: 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
I hope he wouldn't be going to the East this December for Christmas.

If he has committed to a political future here, then he better start behaving as one who belongs here.

Any future affiliation with the East would only serve to convince all that indeed, state of origin is what works best for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Could Tony Be The Best Lagos House Of Rep ? by Arch1: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
I hope he would use his good office as a member of the house of representative to move/sponsor/support a bill that will see to the secession of Nigeria, so that the Igbos can go have their independent Biafra Republic with Nnamdi Kanu

2 Likes

Re: Could Tony Be The Best Lagos House Of Rep ? by madenigga(m): 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
StOla:

If he has committed to a political future here, then he better start behaving as one who belongs here.

Any future affiliation with the East would only serve to convince all that indeed, state of origin is what works best for Nigeria.
We wud take ur words serious when someone like him becomes the deputy governor.
Re: Could Tony Be The Best Lagos House Of Rep ? by StOla: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
madenigga:

We wud take ur words serious when someone like him becomes the deputy governor.

He will have to prove himself first.
Re: Could Tony Be The Best Lagos House Of Rep ? by madenigga(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
StOla:

He will have to prove himself first.

My point is not dat, all am saying is tribalism doesn't pay.
Re: Could Tony Be The Best Lagos House Of Rep ? by Abiagirl777(f): 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
awww, God will never fail to bless you. love beyond ethnic ties
Re: Could Tony Be The Best Lagos House Of Rep ? by macjive01: 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
StOla:

Obama still visits Kenya .

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Army Boss Launches 'Operation Lafiya Dole' / Between Tinubu, Senate Unity Forum And National Interest / Jonathan: God Has Vindicated Me, Says Father Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.