Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,000 members, 7,852,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:28 PM

Nigerian Singer Rotimi Reveals He Was Meant To Play Hakeem On Empire - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Singer Rotimi Reveals He Was Meant To Play Hakeem On Empire (1192 Views)

Eki Osagie Transformed Into Sam Loco (Late) By Hakeem Effect / Hakeem Kumar, Kemi Olunloyo's Fiancé And Boyfriend (Photos) / I Never Knew My Husband Was Meant For Me – Tonto Dike-churchill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Singer Rotimi Reveals He Was Meant To Play Hakeem On Empire by thepinkcrystal: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nigerian Singer Rotimi Reveals He Was Meant To Play Hakeem On Empire
JULY 16, 2015 in Celebrity

Nigerian/American singer Rotimi is currently playing a drug dealer on the hit primetime TV show – Power (if you don’t watch it you are on a LONG thing!).

However on a recent appearance on The Breakfast Club, he revealed he was meant to play the role of Hakeem Lyon, the rapper son of Lucious Lyon on the monster hit TV show – Empire. The role eventually went to Bryshere “Yazz” Gray.

In the interview which attended alongside 50 cent, the executive producer of Power, Rotimi said,

It was down to me, Quincy (Combs) & Yazz actually & then Quincy dropped out and it was down to me & Yazz. At the time they were telling me, “I got it. it’s yours, you’re the guy”. So I start looking for places in Chicago. I was signing on my lease and everything & I was having meetings with networks. It got to the point where I was turning down offers from other shows because I thought I was gonna be on it.

I turned down a couple of things. Like Star wars

He also reveals he could never have played the role of the gay son on the show (Jamal Lyons) and won’t play the gay character

Watch his interview below, he talks about Empire at the 8.40 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsOTNWoNN3I

See More: [url]that1960chick.com[/url]
Re: Nigerian Singer Rotimi Reveals He Was Meant To Play Hakeem On Empire by Esdb3: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
His loss
Re: Nigerian Singer Rotimi Reveals He Was Meant To Play Hakeem On Empire by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
DANCE COMPETITION
WATCH THIS VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlX7LrTwhs
DOWNLOAD THE SONG http:///yxGPivM3Cz
send us your dance clip via email;qstarrubby@gmail.com
and stand a chance to win 100$

(1) (Reply)

GLO Laffta Fest / Celebrity Serial Baby Daddies! 8 Nigerian Celebrities With Multiple Baby Mamas / I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.