Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide (1083 Views)

Quit Notice Against Igbos Is Real And Stands, Ex-presidential Aid, Okupe Warns / Ex-presidential Candidate, Pere Ajuwa, Dies / My Removal As National Secretary Destroys PDP - Oyinlola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by Ephemmm: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) stalwart and ex- Parliamentary Liaison Adviser to late President Umaru Ya’Adua, Senator Abba Aji, has blamed former President Goodluck Jonathan for what he called the deliberate destruction of the party (PDP) before leaving office two month ago.

Abba Aji who was justifying his decision to quit his party (PDP) to join the All Progressive Congress (APC), told some journalists in an interview in Maiduguri, that the former president knew the future of the party was precariously bleak months before elections but deliberately decided to destroy it.

“PDP was deliberately destroyed by Jonathan. He was the greatest beneficiary of democracy in Nigeria and PDP’s 16 years of ruling in most states and at the federal level, yet he did everything to undermine the progress of the party and left it worse than he met it. He simply messed up the party,” he alleged.

He said the fight against Boko Haram in the northeast did not receive timely attention from the Jonathan presidency until it got out of hand, warning that a year added to the increasing violence in his home state, Borno, could create bigger problem for the state and the country.

He said the Boko Haram insurgency has forced thousands of children out of schools while their parents can not farm. He said the social and economic impact of these challenges would be catastrophic for a state that is grappling with education backwardness even before insurgency started about six years ago.

The one time senator (2003-2007) said he was invited by his people to contest the Central Borno Senatorial District seat on the platform APC so as to join the Borno State government in addressing the challenges of Boko Haram.

“I agree the situation today may be different from when I served at National Assembly about 10 years ago, but I believe I have the capacity to handle the challenges we have in Borno now namely closure of schools, parents inability to farm having been forced to flee their communities, huge population of IDPs and economic challenges. I don’t think I’m looking for any material benefit now at my age… This is the time to give to my state what it has given unto me,” Aji stated.

The Borno Central Senatorial seat became vacant following the death of the former senator, Ahmed Zannah, on May 17 even before the inauguration of the the National Assembly.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/jonathan-destroyed-pdp-ex-presidential-aide/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by Ephemmm: 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
"He said the fight against Boko Haram in the northeast did not receive timely attention from the Jonathan presidency until it got out of hand, warning that a year added to the increasing violence in his home state, Borno, could create bigger problem for the state and the country"

I think this man pig has a point here to be candid. Boko Haram gained much ground as a result of the lack of attention on the part of GEJ. Honestly speaking, Boko Haram is like a Iroko tree, whose spread of branches could not be easily cut/controlled after it has grown up.

I wonder why PDP supporters expects PMB to find an instant solution to the problem that has been existing for over past six years without solution(s).
Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by MosakuAW(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
This man his only looking for appointment.

Political prostitutes everywhere. undecided
Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by Mogidi: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
What did the journalist expect from an aggrieved ex PDP member now in APC ?
Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by maverickdude(m): 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
See d way he be sef....attention seeker

Cn u swear if u no benefit frm his government
Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
Boko haram is a cult by d north for d north and of d north
Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by fulanimafia: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Boko haram is a cult by d north for d north and of d north

Why then are you crying for Igbo Service Chiefs?
Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 16, 2015
fulanimafia:

Why then are you crying for Igbo Service Chiefs?
Pls I don't know u. Stay off ma mention If not......
Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by kodded(m): 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mumu undecided
Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jonathan was a complete failure.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by Bollove: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
God bless Fmr. President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan for bringing PDP down through ensuring that the choices and voices of Majority of Nigerians counts.

GEJ gave us Independent and unbias INEC .... even when GEJ lost, enemies of Democracy especially "The Orubebes" decided to frustrate the free and fair electoral process (PDP style of jeopardising Democracy) , GEJ called PMB to congratulate him and which killed all carrier of Orubebe !!!

PDP need to be brought down for Nigeria to Rise and thanks to GEJ for achieving such feast that past presidents has never achieved since 1999.

Abba Aji should shutDa-FuckUp .... Political ashawo, can't he stay in PDP and support his party !!

Good Bless Nigeria !!!
Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by Moheat(m): 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
What positive impact do you have on your people when you were a senator in the first place? You contributed to the backwardness of your people joor
Re: Jonathan Destroys PDP - Ex Presidential Aide by omaiyale: 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
MosakuAW:
This man his only looking for appointment.
Political prostitutes everywhere. undecided
I tell u

(1) (Reply)

Political Criminals In Nigeria / Unpaid Salaries: “publish Imo Accounts” – Archbishop Obinna Dares Okorocha / Lest We Forget: LOOTERS OF NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.