Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt (644 Views)

Civil Servants, Stop Posting Obnoxious Comments On Social Media - Ebonyi Govt. / Journalist Beaten To Stupor Inside Ebonyi Govt House’ Over Facebook Post (pics) / List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by ChuzzyBlog: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
The Ebonyi Government on Wednesday threatened to sanction any landlord who failed to comply with government’s directives to install water closet system (WCS) in their houses. The State’s Commissioner for Environment, Mr Ogodo-Ali Nome, made the threat in an interview with newsmen in Abakaliki.

He explained that the decision was to ensure healthy living, discourage open defecation and ensure safe environment for residents of the state capital. The commissioner said that Wednesday deadline has been given to the landlords within which they are expected to comply, after more than two weeks warning.

“We believe that between now and Wednesday those who do not have toilets in their house must have completed them because that is the only way people contract cholera and other diseases,” he said. The commissioner said that government had concluded the first phase of its waste clearance project in the state.

He said that the second phase has commenced, adding that no waste dump would be allowed to last for 24 hours in and around the state. Nome regretted that there were waste dumps in the state that had not been cleared for seven years and the ministry has deployed trucks to clear the waste.

According to him, the activities of the ministry will not be limited to urban areas alone but will be extended to rural areas and senatorial zones. “I believe no refuse dumps will last more than 24 hours in the capital. We have cleared the first mess in Abakaliki.

“We are using thirteen trucks for waste disposal. But by Thursday, we will move to Ezzangbo, one of the towns close to the capital, and by Tuesday, we will move to Afikpo area to clear all refuse dumps. “I must tell you that the present administration is determined to make Abakaliki one of the cleanliness cities in the country.

The government has repaired the market roads and they are in good condition now. When I visited the place this morning, I discovered that people are still trading on the roads, so, we will deploy our men to the market to start enforcing the law,” he said.

http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2015/07/landlords-whose-houses-do-not-have.html
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
enough of shotputing and and the use of pit/bucket latrine...
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by INTROVERT(f): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
oyo state comes to mind grin

1 Like

Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ekiti state na number one for dis category
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by dulux07(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
Smh, southsouth r worse compared to southwest when it comes to this. It was there i saw average houses wit no toilet.
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by herald9: 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
Huh? Is it possible to have a house without toilets?
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by LoveMachine(m): 6:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
Things are beginning to move in the right direction.
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by ChuzzyBlog: 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
herald9:
Huh? Is it possible to have a house without toilets?

u are surely an aje butter who hasnt seen the other side of life... take a tour to most rivers state water sides n see for yourself
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by ChuzzyBlog: 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
LoveMachine:
Things are beginning to move in the right direction.

yea... also hope that all states will adopt this and also tackle other health challenging situations in the country
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by 1after: 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Ekiti state na number one for dis category

Tribalism is in you. The hatred you have for the SW will make you run mad.
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
1after:

Tribalism is in you. The hatred you have for the SW will make you run mad.
Full
I know what am talking abt
I stayed in ekiti for a year
#Screw u
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by 1after: 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

My father is a fool
I know what am talking abt

#Screw my dirty mom

You are the first to throw insult, when I give it back to you then you run to the mods. Typical coward
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by ChuzzyBlog: 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
please guys, no fighting in my thread undecided
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
1after:

You are the first to throw insult, when I give it back to you then you run to the mods. Typical coward
I said full(opposite of empty)
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by McBrooklyn(m): 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
Says Who? undecided
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by herald9: 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
ChuzzyBlog:

u are surely an aje butter who hasnt seen the other side of life... take a tour to most rivers state water sides n see for yourself
I'm not an ajebutter and have seen the other side of life, but not the extent of seeing a house without toilets. C'mon that's one of the most essential things in a house na.

If there's no toilet, then it's no longer a house but a camp.
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
South West on my mind.

South West people n their landlords have no need for toilet, its a waste of time generally for them.
Re: Landlords Whose Houses Do Not Have Toilets Will Face Sanctions - Ebonyi Govt by LoveMachine(m): 9:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
ChuzzyBlog:

yea... also hope that all states will adopt this and also tackle other health challenging situations in the country

Truth

(1) (Reply)

50 People Killed, Several Injured In Gombe Bomb Blast / Leadership Crisis Forces Senate To Shift Resumption Date To July 28 - Vanguard / Apart From Buhari,all APC Leaders Are Corrupt- PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.