Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,487 members, 7,958,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:12 PM

Jidenna: American Base Singer Writes An Open Later To Nigerians "read here" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jidenna: American Base Singer Writes An Open Later To Nigerians "read here" (496 Views)

Wizkid Purpose To Her American Base GF Justinesky Last Night In A Club / Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Crush, Jidenna & Banky W Photo / Dickson Iroegbu Writes An Apology To Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jidenna: American Base Singer Writes An Open Later To Nigerians "read here" by orlandoblue: 11:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nigerians were provoked by the statements of Jidenna a US base singer after he said in an interview that light-skinned are more likely to be kidnapped than dark skinned people as they are seen as more valuable in Nigeria. Jidenna is finally reacting to criticism explaining what he meant. Below is the open letter to Nigerians he shared on his website.

Read the open later below:

To all my Nigerian brothers and sisters

I am, always have been, and always will be proud of my Nigerian heritage. I understand the pain and anger caused by some of the comments I made in a recent interview, and I wanted to address you directly. Contrary to popular belief, this interview was not the first in which I mentioned Nigeria. In fact, I’m frequently bragging about how Nigerians attend the world’s most prestigious institutions, and how we are known to produce world class doctors, entrepreneurs, innovators, lawyers,... Continue reading here http://www.naijarace.com/jidenna-american-base-singer-writes-an-open-later-to-nigerians-addresses-light-skinned-controversy/
Re: Jidenna: American Base Singer Writes An Open Later To Nigerians "read here" by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 12:16am On Jul 17, 2015
Mscheeew
Re: Jidenna: American Base Singer Writes An Open Later To Nigerians "read here" by jeffizy(m): 12:20am On Jul 17, 2015
Jidenna ought to have known Nigerians don't joke with anyone ruffling their country's name. Zero tolerance.

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West Smashes Microphone And Storms Off Stage After Technical Difficulties / ATM Withdrawals Now Cut To 60k Per Day (see Reason) / Guinness Renews Endorsement Deals For Olamide & Phyno (photos + Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.