Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Is It Compulsory That My Poems Rhyme? - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Is It Compulsory That My Poems Rhyme? (1034 Views)

My poems / My Poems...My world... / Can You Put In The Next Line To Rhyme? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory That My Poems Rhyme? by Basic(m): 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2006
hello fellow poets, is it compulsory that my poems rhymes? i don't like writing them because they restrict my expressions. if it is that very important that one's poems must rhyme,pls enlighten me on how to write rhyming poems successfully. thanks.
Re: Is It Compulsory That My Poems Rhyme? by biomic(f): 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2006
not all poems have rhyming scheme------------ the important thing is that it shuld make sense
Re: Is It Compulsory That My Poems Rhyme? by macalurs(m): 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2006
It's important that it makes sense to THE WRITER first and fore-most; it doesn't matter if it makes sense to any reader (because "sense" is subjective). One of the qualities of a good poem is its ability to use metaphors, and enigma. The better the poem, the broader the meaning different people can derive from it. When poetry is subject to a broad variety of interpretations, it won't make a lot of sense. Just let the poem come from you, and it'll be true. You dont need rhymes if u cant use them.
Re: Is It Compulsory That My Poems Rhyme? by kelis(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2006
ryme does not matter.i write alot of poems without rymes.let it just make sense to the readers,,,,,,simple.

(1) (Reply)

Freedom Behind Bars- A Letter To My Wife From Jail / The Demons Inside Me / Illusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.