Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

The One -handed Goal Keeper, What An Inspiration!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The One -handed Goal Keeper, What An Inspiration!!! (630 Views)

Anthony Joshua: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is My Inspiration / Highest Goal Scorers In World Football History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The One -handed Goal Keeper, What An Inspiration!!! by 080football(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2015
Goalie Tyrone usually plays a big hand in his team’s results. Even though he only has one arm his disability doesn’t stop him being a shot-stopper, he’s saved three penalties out of five in one of his games.

He lost his right arm at the age of 12 after getting an electric shock when copper wire he was carrying touched an overhead cable.He initially packed in sport completely.But now he holds down the No 1 slot for his able-bodied Sunday club – and also for Great Britain’s amputee national side.

Tyrone, 38, admitted that at first glimpse opposition forwards regularly underestimate his ability.

He said: “Once they’ve seen me make a few stops they soon realise I’m hard to beat.

“Because I’ve had to focus so hard my mind is always one step ahead. I think my anticipation is twice what it would have been otherwise.“I know they’ll naturally try and stick it down my right hand side, so I edge even closer to the left to encourage them to hit it that way.

“Once they’ve fallen for it, I throw my weight the other way and save the shot. It works like a dream.”

Tyrone deals with crosses and corners by punching them out rather than catching.

He said: “With practice you get very good at anticipating the flight of the ball and getting some real distance on it.”Tyrone, who plays for Aston Stars FC in the Birmingham Southern League, takes a real pride in keeping a clean sheet.

Just like this one handed goalkeeper, you have every plausible reasons to want to quit your dreams when life throws bad things at you.

But you need to find something to hold on to; God, You, a religious verse, a quote from a book, a friend who believes in you. Find something to hold on to.

Remember, your thoughts and attitude is like a box of crayons and the world you want to see is the empty sheet on your hand. You can paint the world you see, or the good one you want to see.

080football says you should colour it with beautiful colours.

What says you? Barka da Salah!

Do share dis post with friends and also visit our page www.080football.com for more inspiring, informative, educative and entertaining football posts.

Re: The One -handed Goal Keeper, What An Inspiration!!! by kamair237(m): 8:39am On Jul 17, 2015
nahh it is wrong... hope he plays for fun not professional.
Re: The One -handed Goal Keeper, What An Inspiration!!! by totalhouse(m): 8:41am On Jul 17, 2015
wow what an inspiration
Re: The One -handed Goal Keeper, What An Inspiration!!! by Applaner: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2015
chei!!!
Re: The One -handed Goal Keeper, What An Inspiration!!! by jblack99: 8:54am On Jul 17, 2015
Nothing is impossible
Re: The One -handed Goal Keeper, What An Inspiration!!! by elantraceey(f): 9:36am On Jul 17, 2015
Nothing should stop you from achieving your dreams embarassed
Re: The One -handed Goal Keeper, What An Inspiration!!! by tuffgongjo(m): 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
It's only Me that can stop Me(Jay Z),Uruguay had a one handed striker in their 1934 winning squad(I am not sure of the year).

(1) (Reply)

D Fhfhj Rh Sdg J Ghj / U-23 Afcon: Senegal 2015 Today's Fixtures / Breaking Sad News: Stephen Keshi’s Wife Is Dead See How It Happened (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.