Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,389 members, 7,853,737 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:51 PM

President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator (5524 Views)

Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow / Buhari Not A Democrat, Lacks Moral Rights To Intervene In Gambia – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by socialmediaman: 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Don't mind the protection seeker. He saw nothing wrong when Merilyn Ogah arrested Lai Muhammed in Oshogbo for "roaming" and not being a registered voter in Osun State. This was on the eve of their election. Abeg when did roaming become an offense?

These people have become too desperate, honestly
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Mogidi: 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
barcanista:
Why not Zobo?

In line with the President's new directive, zobo should should not be consumed today only kunu, says the dictator.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Mogidi: 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
socialmediaman:

These Barca man and his team have become too desperate, honestly

And you just can't help sniffing his butt at every turn.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by socialmediaman: 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
Mogidi:

And you just can't help sniffing his butt at every turn.

Bros, I thought you were a robot, please make your posts more constructive.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
Mogidi:

In line with the President's new directive, zobo should should not be consumed today only kunu, says the dictator.
Wetin worry that man? You see pix of him daughters for mosque?
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
socialmediaman:

These people have become too desperate, honestly
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Mogidi: 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
barcanista:
Wetin worry that man? You see pix of him daughters for mosque?
Can't stand Buhari, never bothered checking the pix, I'd go and have a look because of your recommendation.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by fulanimafia: 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

cc:fulanimafia

You called?
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Mogidi: 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
@barcanista
Appears like mourning ritual, not impressed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by DaBullIT(m): 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
nigerianvenom:

barcanista,u cant change and unchanged man.buhari has never bin a changed man.he want to criminalise those he cant prosecute.
boko haram is on our neck with over 2200 nigerians killed even on a festive period like this,instead of buhari working hard to ensure total elimination of the sect,he is busy pursuing those he perceive as enemies.
i pray he should not fall into the gutter he is digging.
why havent we heard of ameachi bin persecuted?
what about fashola,fayemi and co?
end shall tell.
ubon eya ekop

Malicious comments everywhere did it occur to you that maybe these people he is criminalizing and his perceived enemies are the roots or sponsors of terrorism since that's your selling point
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by DaBullIT(m): 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
fineguy11:
BACANISTER AND THE WAILING WAILERS!!!!see who is talking about proper procedure.,did the IG under your clueless master exercise 'proper procedure' by preventing former speaker and opposition members of the house of rep from gaining entrance into the lower chamber?was proper procedure exercised when OKONJO IWEALA spent $2.1billion without authority from NEC?U are an epitome of hypocrisy..i rather have a pretentious dictator who believes corrupt officials be brought to book by any means,,than a clueless democrat who is an ally of corruption..
PDP:WAILERS TILL 2023....

Flash back:

You badt gaan
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by DaBullIT(m): 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
barcanista:
I think you have comprehension issues. In case you aren't aware, the army DENIED ever storming Tinubu's House. In fact, the allegation was made by Tinubu. No picture or nothing was made. So that was mere allegation and cannot pass.

Hear the GOC 81 Division (Lagos)

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/11/its-a-ruse-tinubu-is-not-on-military-watch-list-says-goc/

http://thenationonlineng.net/unknown-soldiers-lay-siege-tinubus-lagos-home/
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by DaBullIT(m): 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Is it ok for the mob to lynch a thief and set him on fire because he was caught stealing?

Not just OK!!!!

Especially since stealing is not corruption
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by ajepako(f): 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
barcanista:
Just last night news broke out that security operatives from the Department of State Security (DSS) were surrounding the private residence of immediate past National Security Adviser Rtd Col Dasuki Sambo. It was also reported that another group of DSS agents had taken over the family residence of the Sokoto caliphate prince, holding members of his family hostage in their bid to arrest the ex-NSA. While some supporters of the government cheered at the news, some of us are worried of the development. We are worried because we want to be sure whether we are still in the 1984 General Buhari draconian era or we are in the 2015 President Buhari era.

What can justify the harassment of a man that was never summoned by the security agents to appear before their agency? Has there been any court warrant issued against him. So why the harassment? If Dasuki Sambo is needed to explain certain things to the DSS or any security agency, isn't it proper to send him invitation/summon for him to appear? Is it not when he failed to appear that he can be declared "Wanted" and forcefully arrested? Some people alleged that he was "corrupt" when he was the NSA, but they failed to realise that the agencies mandated for anti-corruption fight are EFCC, ICPC and Special Fraud Unit of the Police force. Even at that there are procedures.

Was Buhari sincere when he said that he has been democratically converted from his dictatorial past and will operate under democratic norms? In his own word in his February 16 Chatham House Speech

“Before you is a former military ruler and a converted democrat who is ready to operate under democratic norms"
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/buhari-at-chatham-house-why-i-want-to-be-president-buhari/

Let us recall that days after Buhari was elected President, one of the first thing he did was to bar law abiding journalists attached to AIT from covering his activities. It took spirited efforts and criticism from patriotic Nigerians before he had to reverse himself. We all hoped that event will be the last undemocratic act of the then President-elect. But it now appears like we were wrong.

I am not here to hold brief for Col Dasuki Sambo, I am not saying that he shouldn't be made to face the law if he's found wanting. My position is that proper procedure need to be followed, I believe this is the position of the law. We can't allow government to continue to disregard our laws at will. That's unacceptable. If we allow this to go on we may someday become victims individually or as a group. The President must abide by his pledge at subject himself to democratic norms. He cannot be deploying the same draconian tactics of 1984 under the democratic era of 2015.

Recall that on February 10, the APC leader Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu alleged that he was being monitored by the military. Though this was refuted by the military as a ruse. However, the APC tagged it as "criminal" and misuse of the security agencies. In the words of Lagos APC Spokesman Joe Igbokwe

"We see this brazen display of brute force as yet another in the series of the criminal misuse of the army...
We urge Nigerians to rise up and fight the creeping culture of impunity and deliberate misuse of the army and other security agencies for the prosecution of the hideous interests..."
www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/02/10/military-siege-on-tinubus-lagos-home-fashola-lagos-apc-react/

I hope the President learn from the words of his party. Most importantly, he should act like a converted democrat and not a pretentious dictator operating under the cover of "agbada".

May God Almighty Bless Us All
Happy Eid To All Muslim Faithfuls

Barca..The old dude is not a converted dictator but a blatant and glaring dictator..
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by nigerianvenom(m): 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
DaBullIT:

Malicious comments everywhere did it occur to you that maybe these people he is criminalizing and his perceived enemies are the roots or sponsors of terrorism since that's your selling point

Is he not a co sponsor of boko haram via his earlier support of sharia law in 2001
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by DaBullIT(m): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
nigerianvenom:

Is he not a co sponsor of boko haram via his earlier support of sharia law in 2001

Ode
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Jesusloveyou: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2015
capip120:
The daura President Buhari is acting again with impunity.
Why hold the family members hostage because of one man?
Thanks a lot barcanista for balcarnizing the APC harlots.
and to the mods stop modifying my comments except you too are dullards afterall when GEJ was there they called him clueless.
with d atrocity of dis one man, his entire lineage is not enough for hostage, more than 20,000 innocent soul killed, more is still dying everyday because of dis one man greediness, u saTANist are wicked

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by FearGodinall: 8:49am On Jul 18, 2015
Pataki:
These dunderheads will not rest and think like a sane person would.

When during Jonathan's regime, NDLEA agents laid seige to Kashamu's residence, what court warrant was issued in regards to that? When DSS laid seiged to the APC office in Lagos in an election period, which court warrant was issued in regards to that?

When during Jonathan's ediotic regime, Aso Rock seized the pass of a journalist reporting for a German station, where were you dolts to speak of democracy?

So soldiers (Army) laying siege to an opposition party leader's house is now equivalent to the Secret Police arresting a former security operative? What an ediotic thread this is!

If you are not satisfied with Buhari, go to court. Wailing Wailers!

Buhari has a Professor of Law as his Vice, whoever is not happy with how he is taking charge of this country is free to start eating salt in place of sugar.
.keep doing the samething and expecting and a change is another defination of insanity
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2015
So far, to me, Buhari has been a wonderful democrat. Human rights make criminals go free. The government definitely has a reading into Dasuki which is unknown to people. Buhari really knows the coup plotter Dasuki than most of us. Dasuki arrested Buhari in 1985, the President is avoiding such to repeat itself.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by ayindejimmy(m): 10:15am On Jul 18, 2015
Your desperation is quite astonishing. Something happened on yesterday and you've started propounding prejudicial hypothesis the next day without hearing from the other side.
Were you waiting for it to happen?
Can't you access the situation from both sides b4 reaching hypocritical conclusions.

Inside story of why Dasuki's house was searched

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/inside-story-of-
why-dasuki-is-in-trouble/
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by naijaking1: 1:13am On Jul 19, 2015
barcanista:
Just last night news broke out that security operatives from the Department of State Security (DSS) were surrounding the private residence of immediate past National Security Adviser Rtd Col Dasuki Sambo. It was also reported that another group of DSS agents had taken over the family residence of the Sokoto caliphate prince, holding members of his family hostage in their bid to arrest the ex-NSA. While some supporters of the government cheered at the news, some of us are worried of the development. We are worried because we want to be sure whether we are still in the 1984 General Buhari draconian era or we are in the 2015 President Buhari era.

What can justify the harassment of a man that was never summoned by the security agents to appear before their agency? Has there been any court warrant issued against him. So why the harassment? If Dasuki Sambo is needed to explain certain things to the DSS or any security agency, isn't it proper to send him invitation/summon for him to appear? Is it not when he failed to appear that he can be declared "Wanted" and forcefully arrested? Some people alleged that he was "corrupt" when he was the NSA, but they failed to realise that the agencies mandated for anti-corruption fight are EFCC, ICPC and Special Fraud Unit of the Police force. Even at that there are procedures.

Was Buhari sincere when he said that he has been democratically converted from his dictatorial past and will operate under democratic norms? In his own word in his February 16 Chatham House Speech

“Before you is a former military ruler and a converted democrat who is ready to operate under democratic norms"
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/buhari-at-chatham-house-why-i-want-to-be-president-buhari/

Let us recall that days after Buhari was elected President, one of the first thing he did was to bar law abiding journalists attached to AIT from covering his activities. It took spirited efforts and criticism from patriotic Nigerians before he had to reverse himself. We all hoped that event will be the last undemocratic act of the then President-elect. But it now appears like we were wrong.

I am not here to hold brief for Col Dasuki Sambo, I am not saying that he shouldn't be made to face the law if he's found wanting. My position is that proper procedure need to be followed, I believe this is the position of the law. We can't allow government to continue to disregard our laws at will. That's unacceptable. If we allow this to go on we may someday become victims individually or as a group. The President must abide by his pledge at subject himself to democratic norms. He cannot be deploying the same draconian tactics of 1984 under the democratic era of 2015.

Recall that on February 10, the APC leader Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu alleged that he was being monitored by the military. Though this was refuted by the military as a ruse. However, the APC tagged it as "criminal" and misuse of the security agencies. In the words of Lagos APC Spokesman Joe Igbokwe

"We see this brazen display of brute force as yet another in the series of the criminal misuse of the army...
We urge Nigerians to rise up and fight the creeping culture of impunity and deliberate misuse of the army and other security agencies for the prosecution of the hideous interests..."
www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/02/10/military-siege-on-tinubus-lagos-home-fashola-lagos-apc-react/

I hope the President learn from the words of his party. Most importantly, he should act like a converted democrat and not a pretentious dictator operating under the cover of "agbada".

The answer is simple: GEJ watched too much TV!
I'll explain later if you care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 19, 2015
naijaking1:

The answer is simple: GEJ watched too much TV!
I'll explain later if you care.
Yes Sir! Pls explain
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by komek(m): 10:10am On Jul 19, 2015
@ OP, he feels we are still in the 1980s where he used decrees to rule
Like I always say, he does not have 21st Century sense of governance. He feels leading Nigeria is same thing leading his cows in Daura.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Wildrage: 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
Freciprocal:
Your caption is quite misleading, but ur intentions are pure...

I see you as a concerned Nigerian, making sure PMB does not go amiss.

On the topic... when it comes to issues of the nation's security, the DSS can whisk anyone away depending on the Intel they get. The story is still unfolding, we would have to wait till we hear the other side.

Also concerning PMB, I. Know the expectation is high. We need to pressure him in all ways necessary cos indeed Nigerians deserves better. But a little patience would do also.

We were patient with GEJ for close to 6 years, let's hope for the best and expect the worst from PMB for 4 years, then we can/might kick him out with our votes...

Our major triumph is in the electoral system which I hope would be sustained

smiley

Where did u get the idea that security agencies can whimsically deprive a citizen of his or liberty based on subjective and nebulous reason of national security? Unless u are caught in the act, no law permits anyone, state security or not , from depriving a citizen of his freedom and liberty without following due process and showing reasonable cause before a competent judicial authority. Last night the Idiotic goons told us it was a pre emptive raid based on his "NOTORIOUS" antecedents, even though they failed to mention any of the antecedents they qualified as notorious. Today it's no more pre emptive but probable evidence of treasonable felony, which may or may not be enough to sustain a trial. If your evidence is no yet impeachable , why rush to the press?

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by naijaking1: 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
barcanista:
Yes Sir! Pls explain

GEJ was so influenced with American and British TVs showing tough elections, the loosers calling to conceed to the winners, and even "take the president-elect' on a tour of the white-house!
It all goes well, but there is a reason why African rulers rarely "loose" elections in the first place, not to talk of voluntary and peaceful handover of power to someone who will turn around in very undemocratic ways to take vengance for every imaginable action.
It takes two to tango, you know.
Democracy cannot happen from only one side of the political divide.
Here, GEJ, like Ironsi was misled by his closest northern allies.
Buhari must have thought, and still thinks GEJ was out of his mind for conceeding the election, not to talk of that phone call, not to talk of surrounding himself with Hausa/Fulani operatives, just like Ironsi.
Neither Buhari nor any of his fellow APC folks would have graciously handed over power, no matter what.
Did you hear Dasuki say he worked for Buhari's victory
Yes, that's the sort of company GEJ kept.

So, too much TV caused the problems for GEJ, a little research and stock taking could have helped him out. He would not have had to exclude northerners from his government, but he should have surrounded himself immediately with the Odilis, Ekwueme, MT Mbus, Ambazulike Amaechis, Ogbemudiah, Enahoros, etc. Instead, you had him running around IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar, Gusau, and Dasuki as a homeless child would circle a house with promising food and shelter.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari: Converted Democrat Or Pretentious Dictator by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
Wow! GEJ to me isn't a politician
naijaking1:

GEJ was so influenced with American and British TVs showing tough elections, the loosers calling to conceed to the winners, and even "take the president-elect' on a tour of the white-house!
It all goes well, but there is a reason why African rulers rarely "loose" elections in the first place, not to talk of voluntary and peaceful handover of power to someone who will turn around in very undemocratic ways to take vengance for every imaginable action.
It takes two to tango, you know.
Democracy cannot happen from only one side of the political divide.
Here, GEJ, like Ironsi was misled by his closest northern allies.
Buhari must have thought, and still thinks GEJ was out of his mind for conceeding the election, not to talk of that phone call, not to talk of surrounding himself with Hausa/Fulani operatives, just like Ironsi.
Neither Buhari nor any of his fellow APC folks would have graciously handed over power, no matter what.
Did you hear Dasuki say he worked for Buhari's victory
Yes, that's the sort of company GEJ kept.

So, too much TV caused the problems for GEJ, a little research and stock taking could have helped him out. He would not have had to exclude northerners from his government, but he should have surrounded himself immediately with the Odilis, Ekwueme, MT Mbus, Ambazulike Amaechis, Ogbemudiah, Enahoros, etc. Instead, you had him running around IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar, Gusau, and Dasuki as a homeless child would circle a house with promising food and shelter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TRENDING!!! SEE What Market Women Did To Orji Kalu Today (Photos) / Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim / SERAP Sues Tinubu Over Failure To Probe Missing $15bn, N200bn Oil Revenues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.