Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

How To Turn Android Phone Into Security Camera - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Turn Android Phone Into Security Camera (858 Views)

See What Nigeria Turn My Phone Into [photo] / Tips: Turn Your Phone Into A 3D Hologram Projector…awesome! / Simple Step On How To Boot All INFINIX Phone Into Safe Mode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Turn Android Phone Into Security Camera by dotun4luv(m): 3:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
http://www.thegeekiepedia.com/how-to-old-android-phone-into-security-camera/
I did turned my old Android phone into security camera instead of selling it and it works like Woow!!! Security camera and Android phone have nothing in common except the camera but it's exiting to see how Android works like security camera's this day. It's quite funny to buy a brand new Android phone and turn it to security camera when you can easily buy a security at a very close rate, rather old Android phone are sometimes in best position to carry out this task and it works just like security camera.

Conventionally, Android phone is an open ended device that can perform some alarming task, either rooted or not. The Android phone I used as a security camera was not rooted and it works.

What I mean by open ended device is that you can install you desired apps either from known or unknown source depending on your ability to tweak and play around with the device.

Without wasting time, the steps to start using your Android phone as a security camera is very easy to master and can be used anywhere,even in your office or place of work.

To start with,you need a viewer and a receiver, to be able to see live event going under the coverage of the Android made security camera.

The viewer is your old Android phone while the receiver is the device that gives you direct access to the place under coverage irrespective of the kilometer from the source as long as there is internet connection.

You can with this tips keep your friends and family under your close watch without telling them how you are monitoring them exactly.

On Your Old Android Phone

I assume your old Android phone is your viewer(camera) and it must be placed at the vantage position.

1. Visit Google play store and download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webofcam, it's a free app so no panicking.

2. Install the app and launch it after installation. Before the get started menu,select your old Android phone as camera and place in at the exact point where it can actually cover the exact area.

3. On the screen of the device,click on black screen to hide the security camera identity.

On the Viewer End

On the viewer end, you can either use another device or PC.

1. Go to http://app.webofcam.com/

2. Enter your assigned IP address and click on start button.

And you are good to go. You have successfully turn your old Android phone into a security camera. Note that to use this Android security camera anywhere,you must be able to recall your IP address.

1 Like

Re: How To Turn Android Phone Into Security Camera by 3kay945(m): 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
Really?
Re: How To Turn Android Phone Into Security Camera by Hezekiah65(m): 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
And many will like to use this to pry into the private lives of their girlfriends to know whether they are not doing anything funny behind them.
Re: How To Turn Android Phone Into Security Camera by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
sorry but hw will i know my ip address
Re: How To Turn Android Phone Into Security Camera by Fundango: 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
May God bless u my Brazzer for sharing us this tech tip.
Re: How To Turn Android Phone Into Security Camera by Fundango: 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
May God bless u my Brazzer for sharing us this tech tip.I will try it straight away,by using to monitor za my new visitors coming for a visit tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: How To Turn Android Phone Into Security Camera by dotun4luv(m): 9:41am On Aug 02, 2015
SunnyBlaze1:
sorry but hw will i know my ip address
;-
Your IP is by default bro, it'll be given to you once you are done with the set up
Re: How To Turn Android Phone Into Security Camera by dotun4luv(m): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2015
Fundango:
May God bless u my Brazzer for sharing us this tech tip.
You are welcome boss, hope you enjoyed it

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Update My Tecno F5 To A Jellybean OS / Glo Subscribers To Enjoy Internet On New Wi-fi Roaming Service / #infinixhot2 Mega Launch. Who Was There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.