Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,571 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

photos-End Time!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / photos-End Time!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple (695 Views)

Prominent Nigerians Who May Be Jailed In 2016 (PHOTOS) / END TIME!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple / Remi Tinubu Refusing To Shake Saraki (See Real Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

photos-End Time!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple by collinsVP: 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
END TIME!! PASTOR JAILED IN AMERICA FOR REFUSING TO WED GAY COUPLE

Photos below

A 56-year-old pastor, Paul Horner, has been jailed in the United States for allegedly refusing to join a gay couple despite the legalization of gay marriage across the nation.

Horner of the Christian Proctor Church in Vermont, was given a sentence of one-year jail term in the federal prison.

Handing down the sentence, Honorable Myron Danus said, “Religious freedom goes both ways, Mr. Horner.

“It is not your place to deny individuals the same rights that everyone else has, rights that were passed down and agreed upon in a court of law, the ultimate court, the Supreme Court.

“It is not your decision whether or not you agree with the law but more importantly that you follow it and enforce it.”

Speaking to journalists after the court session, Horner’s lawyer said, “We are currently disputing the guilty verdict and I am confident my client will be a free man here shortly,” said attorney Tom Downey.

“Horner was just using his best judgement according to his rights and religious freedom in this country.”

Investigators discovered that Horner’s church is registered with the state as a “religious corporation” which is only entitled to joining “one-man-one-woman marriages as defined by the Holy Bible.”

City officials are of the view that the church authorities must comply with state and federal regulations since it is also registered as a for-profit business.

President of the Vermont Family Research Committee, Steve Shand, said it is “open season on Americans who refuse to bow to the government’s redefinition of marriage.”

“Homosexuals are gay. Why should Christian ministers be forced to perform and celebrate any marriage that conflicts with their beliefs? It’s a slippery slope my friend. Pretty soon these same pastors will be forced to wed animals or kitchen appliances. This is not my America!”

According to NBC, Gwen Hawkins who is president of the LGBT Pride Center in Vermont said she is happy with the guilty verdict.

Hawkins said, “We just want the same rights as everyone else and this guilty verdict sets a great precedent.

“These fanatical Christians base their life on one verse in the Bible but they seem to forget the other 99% of the verses in the book. For example, why can’t we stone to death Bristol Palinfor having a baby out of wedlock? And what about her mother, Sarah Palin, breaking the rules ofCorinthians 14:34 which clearly state that as a woman, she is not allowed to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. But no, they like to pick the one verse in the Bible about gay people and build their camp around it.”

Proctor is a town in Rutland County, Vermont, United States. The population was 1,741 at the 2010 census. Proctor is home to the Vermont Marble Museum and Wilson Castle.

http://norookiemedia.com/

Re: photos-End Time!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple by joganut(m): 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
u live in a country where d law says peter can marry john and u refuse to abide.... what do u expect man of God.... relocate come naija now grin come face bh....

1 Like

Re: photos-End Time!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple by Freciprocal: 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ok
Re: photos-End Time!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple by manny4life(m): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
Thank God Texas passed a counter act to support freedom of religion. You can't force a pastor against his will and religion to wed gay couples, this is the height of ridiculousness. angry angry angry
Re: photos-End Time!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple by kossyablaze(m): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
Letter To Nairaland!my New Found Love/ girlfriend by kossyablaze My darling,ever so precious.My new and old testament.As I lay on my bed tonight,waiting for sleep to come,I think of you and feel rewarded again.You have made me smile several times I when down and lonely.You became a light on the darkside of me.You have pushed me to the best I can become.Half of the things I know,you taught me.When I'm bored,you shower me with jists in politics,entertainme­ nts,jokes,romance and in all education!You are always there for me.You are certainly my wife to be.Will you marry me?We will live happily ever after. My world,thanks!U made me meet these sweet people #Oyindelacreme #NwaAnambra #Vivpop #EmperorChedda # Kennygee #Jennimma #Berem #Juliaann # CwazyblaqGal and # Claireshan1.You guys are so appreciated.You guys rock! Baby,been trying to stay outta Linda Ikeji's blog,but I just can't!I cheat on you,I'm so sorry about that,I promise to be a better man,it ll happen no more.I will neva 4get how we met on Facebook,you appeared on my wall @ kossy michael scot,I was like awwwwww who is she?then I added you.Since then,you av been my best companion.Hope you got the diamond necklace I sent to you?Honey you are my pride and joy.You are everything I ever wanted.Just wanna let you know"I am your number one fan".Afurum gi n'anya.Ma mmiri ana ezo,ma anwu ana acha,agam ejidesigi ike.I love you to the moon and back! S/O to Nairaland CEO Seun Osewa...and me myself and I @ Fb Kossy michael scot @Instagram Smartkossy And evry pal here dat makes Front page.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: photos-End Time!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple by madgoat(m): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
God have mercy. shocked
Re: photos-End Time!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple by Mayour11(m): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
The anti-christ is here

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Former Works Minister, Onolememe Bags Phd Degree From Walden University / National Unity: Let's Watch Our Words / DIVIDED HOUSE! Don't Attend Tompolo's Meeting - Ex-militants Tell Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.