Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo (62471 Views)

“Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan / Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
sukkot:
that granut is not for chopping alone. it was source of huge foreign reserve. westerners use it for granut oil and other things. the rich men of those days were all granut exporters

Oya naa, u go drink that ur groundnut oil and chop that ur 'other things' tire
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by sukkot: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
himkers:

Oya naa, u go drink that ur groundnut oil tire
the granut is exported for foreign reserve. every nation wants granut oil for cooking. thats what we are returning to after the world effectively stops using crude oil. we are returning to farming
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by asha80(m): 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
sukkot:
that granut is not for chopping alone. it was source of huge foreign reserve. westerners use it for granut oil and chocolate and other things. the rich men of those days were all granut exporters
only fools will continue to argue with you after this post
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
sukkot:
the granut is exported for foreign reserve. every nation wants granut oil for cooking. thats what we are returning to after the world effectively stops using crude oil. we are returning to farming

Keep deceiving urself bro! When the world stops using oil, we start fishing grin
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by sukkot: 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
asha80:
only fools will continue to argue with you after this post
care to expand on your point ? are you for or against ?
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Saphiex(m): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Dear People of Ogun State and southwest generally, kindly list the special benefits you enjoyed over other states and regions during Obasanjo's 3years(military) + 8years(democratic)rule and also explain why you pelted him with sachet water on his return to ogun

If I don't get any response in 15minutes, you leave no choice than to conclude that obasanjo is uselessly useless
. Million likes for u....I hate tribalistic stance especially from so called elder statesmen..OBJ is losing respect so fast

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by classick: 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
madamoringo:
Sensationalism! Where did he make such statement in the interview? The useless biafranistanoids would stop at nothing to tear Nigeria apart, especially driving a wedge between the SW and SS! I am sure they are smarter than the ibos so, you can lie all you want about Obj or the Yorubas - the facts speak for themselves! Nigeria kicked the as.s of biafra to oblivion, hence you can't crying for more than 50 years! LWKMD! grin grin
Pls be careful how you address this matter, choose your words carefully brother.
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by sukkot: 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
himkers:

Keep deceiving urself bro! When the world stops using oil, we start fishing grin
only so many fish you can catch. farming is where its at. the north will rise again after oil is no more used cuz the northerners are very good farmers. the south west will survive very well too. but the east will have to come beg north and south-west for food. so as you can see ? you are beating chest because of crude oil that will stop being used, while the real money ( agricultural lands and farming ) is in the south west and north. this your biafran venture is a myopia adventure

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Banter1(m): 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
successmatters:
and you helped "yoir" it's»»»»»»> YOUR ppl?
tragic........tragic...
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by CriticalThought: 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
sukkot:
ndigbo you are being a bit selfish arent you ? before oil was discovered the north supported nigeria for hundreds of years with the groundnut pyramids. not once did they say the south east are parasites. the money was shared equally amongst all the regions. now they find oil in south-south and you are talking about seceding. thats greedy dont you think ? its like a kid who has been supporting his broke friend for many years and once his friend gets small money he turns his back on him

How are exactly are they being selfish. Why shouldn't they secede? Just take a look below of a time line of Igbo genocide

1980 Northern City of KANO!

1982 Northern City of MAIDUGURI!

1984 Northern City of YOLA!

1985 Northern City of GOMBE!

1986 Northern Cities of KADUNA and KAFANCHAN!

1991 Northern Cities of BAUCHI, KATSINA and KANO!

1992 Northern City of ZANGO KATAF!

1993 Northern City of FUNTUA!

1994 Northern City of KANO

Notice I didn't even mention what happened in Odi massacre of 1999 or the 1966 pogrom

Your analogy is a stupid one. No one told the north to stop producing

So because of groundnut, that gives them the right to keep polluting the Niger Delta
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Adminisher: 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Dear People of Ogun State and southwest generally, kindly list the special benefits you enjoyed over other states and regions during Obasanjo's 3years(military) + 8years(democratic)rule and also explain why you pelted him with sachet water on his return to ogun

If I don't get any response in 15minutes, you leave no choice than to conclude that obasanjo is uselessly useless

This is the typical reply one gets from die hard young Tanoids. It is the height of inferiority complex that even Jonathan himself could not hide throughout his time in office. Why should Obj be the standard for Jonathan?. Why must you always bring him up when Jonathan is being criticized. OBJ was always one of the most disrespected persons in Yoruba land. He met intellectual, financial and social opposition and isolation for many years. Yorubas heroes are Awo, Macaulay and MKO after June 12. We never worshipped OBJ like the ND is doing Jinathan because we never thought him worthy of the office the northern generals gave to him. He punished the west severely for it especially Lagos. Even within his family , the guy is being criticized and such is the intellectual height at which Yorubas operate and this is the attitude the Niger Delta should adopt to its leaders. Stop worshipping cluelessness, lack of intellect and dumbness in your leaders because they got lucky to enter office. Be very steep in your demands of them and make your expectations high. At Tue end of the day, the most honourable people never get to office. Isaac Boro died obscurely and Saro Wiwa paid a high price but he his almost forgotten. The GEJ you people are fawning about , when millitant fighters were in the creek he was busy running errands for the same OBJ as deputy governor in Yenagoa. Please let the ND region get serious for a change.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by asha80(m): 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
sukkot:
care to expand on your point ? are you for or against ?
if you actually believe the nonsense you have been writing then I question rationality of people trying to engage you in an argurement
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by sukkot: 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
CriticalThought:

How are exactly are they being selfish. Why shouldn't they secede? Just take a look below of a time line of Igbo genocide

1980 Northern City of KANO!

1982 Northern City of MAIDUGURI!

1984 Northern City of YOLA!

1985 Northern City of GOMBE!

1986 Northern Cities of KADUNA and KAFANCHAN!

1991 Northern Cities of BAUCHI, KATSINA and KANO!

1992 Northern City of ZANGO KATAF!

1993 Northern City of FUNTUA!

1994 Northern City of KANO

Notice I didn't even mention what happened in Odi massacre of 1999 or the 1966 pogrom

Your analogy is a stupid one. No one told the north to stop producing

So because of groundnut, that gives them the right to keep polluting the Niger Delta
yall started the genocide though. they are only repaying you. you genocided their best and brilliant minds. tafawa balewa and sardauna. i guess the phrase ' dont start what you cant finish ' comes to mind
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by sukkot: 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
asha80:
if you actually believe the nonsense you have been writing then I question rationality of people trying to engage you in an argurement
you must be drunk on orijin. explain yourself with concise points or forever hold your peace. this is 2015. we are dealing with points not emotion
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Dmeji4444(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
Firefire:

The baba could not even fix the road leading to his farm in Otta, Cannan Land have being rescuing us whenever they have program until Ogun state Gov. Fixed the road.

Is the ogun state Governor from Igbo(Forest, Marijuana) Land?
So Obj should have used the whole nation maney for his state or region(west) alone abi, so that u would be able to open that ur gutter called mouth to say , "Obj did this and that for yoruba alone" OBJ ws a fuc king National President.
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by petchi: 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
madamoringo:
Sensationalism! Where did he make such statement in the interview? The useless biafranistanoids would stop at nothing to tear Nigeria apart, especially driving a wedge between the SW and SS! I am sure they are smarter than the ibos so, you can lie all you want about Obj or the Yorubas - the facts speak for themselves! Nigeria kicked the as.s of biafra to oblivion, hence you can't crying for more than 50 years! LWKMD! grin grin

Have you seen your life. What has Igbo got to do with that stupid ranting from Obasanjo? Until you people wake up one day and start paying salaries with cocoa money from Ogun and Ondo you will not have rest. You people has benefited more from the oil money from ss & se. Yet you are the most ungrate and tribalist.
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by asha80(m): 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
sukkot:
you must be drunk on orijin. explain yourself with concise points or forever hold your peace. this is 2015. we are dealing with points not emotion
concise points with who ? You? Someone that typed the all the rich men before oil boom were groundut exporters and all other nonsensical posts? I rather banter with a dog than trying to argue with you..enjoy your profound ignorance

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Firefire(m): 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
Dmeji4444:

Is the ogun state Governor from Igbo(Forest, Marijuana) Land?
So Obj should have used the whole nation maney for his state or region(west) alone abi, so that u would be able to open that ur gutter called mouth to say , "Obj did this and that for yoruba alone" OBJ ws a fuc king National President.

kini eleyi nso ?
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by sukkot: 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
asha80:
concise points with who ? You? Someone that typed the all the rich men before oil boom were groundut exporters and all other nonsensical posts? I rather banter with a dog than trying to argue with you..enjoy your profound ignorance
oh i see you are definitely drunk on sapele water. i said points not emotions. lay out your points or forever hold your peace
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
sukkot:
only so many fish you can catch. farming is where its at. the north will rise again after oil is no more used cuz the northerners are very good farmers. the south west will survive very well too. but the east will have to come beg north and south-west for food. so as you can see ? you are beating chest because of crude oil that will stop being used, while the real money ( agricultural lands and farming ) is in the south west and north. this your biafran venture is a myopia adventure

No problem. Till then
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by sukkot: 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
himkers:

No problem. Till then
you gotta plan ahead bro. you cant have that mindset. thats why black people are backwards.
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by tonychristopher: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo has said the Niger Delta region will suffer for the actions and inactions of the immediate past president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

Jonathan, who lost the March 28 presidential election to President Mohammadu Buhari hails from Bayelsa, a state in the Niger Delta.

Obasanjo spoke while responding to questions shortly after delivering a convocation lecture at the Benson Idahosa University, Benin City.

The ex-president said he couldn’t have helped Jonathan to do his job as Nigeria President after helping him to secure the position.

He said, “I became the Head of State because of my performance in the war front. If General Gowon had not sent me to the war front, he would not know whether I could perform or not. He sent me to the war front and because I performed, we both shared the credit. But if I had failed, he would not have shared the condemnation with me. I would have taken that alone.

“I believe that the opportunity that afforded itself in 2010 was for somebody from the minority to on his self esteem become the President of Nigeria. We should never lose such opportunity. What he did with that opportunity is entirely up to him. What he did or did not do with it will reflect for a long time on that part of the country. There is no particular person who got there without the people.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/niger-delta-will-suffer-for-jonathans-actions-in-office-obasanjo/

this obasanjo can't just stop clowning around ..he is an aberration
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by PassingShot(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
IzonOwei:
yeah we made a very huge mistake which we might regret almost foreever...jonathan really messed up for sure...I hope we niger deltans can learn and struggle rightly..if I was jonathan I would look back and advice the young ones rightly to fight the fine fight for the niger delta...

We blew our chance away..we never for once thought about the future but the "NOW"..

Sarowiwa and all sincere soldiers of the niger delta would be so angry that we had the golden opportunity of moving the niger delta forward but sold it to corruption and foolishness...

I urge all niger deltans,all izons to rise and start thinking well...wee can..let us evolve to a people that can handle issues to foster progress..
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by donbenie(m): 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
Obasanjo should go fvck himself,nobody needs his opinion..#HYPOCRITE
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
sukkot:
you gotta plan ahead bro. you cant have that mindset. thats why black people are backwards.

Ok i'll start farming granot grin

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by sukkot: 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
himkers:

Ok i'll start farming granot
you can start by denouncing this your biafra mis-adventure wink
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by tonychristopher: 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
sukkot:
oh i see you are definitely drunk on sapele water. i said points not emotions. lay out your points or forever hold your peace

the first richest man in Nigeria was Louis Ojukwu he was also the first African to drive a rolls Royce and he was never a groundnut dealer nor oil baron but a business dude

in short Nigeria borrowed his car to welcome the queen of England

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by sukkot: 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
tonychristopher:

the first richest man in Nigeria was Louis Ojukwu he was also the first African to drive a rolls Royce and he was never a groundnut dealer nor oil baron but a business dude

in short Nigeria borrowed his car to welcome the queen of England
i see you are not a great student of history. there were many rich nigerians in the 1800s and 1700s ( mostly yoruba ) before ojukwus great grand parents were born cheesy
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
The end of Nigeria is near, Biafra waxing strong
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by solonazzy: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Congratulations!

You just wrote your own story

I'm sure it has been burning you in your mind for long and now you've finally let it out undecided

BIGOT
Try fighting any Igbo man you see today and post the picture on this thread.

Coward
South West never wailed over d past war.... Till date it's u ppl dat has been wailing .... D sad thing is dat if it repeats itself again, d generations to come after den wuld ensure wailing.... Born wailers
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
OBJ has run mad again,..it was a breaking News that he has started misbehaving,..he's actually suffering from prostate damage,..OBJ U WILL SURELY ACOUNT FOR ALL UR SIN CONCERNING NATION,..Niger-Delta is under GOD's hands nothing one can do abt it,.
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo by Blizzy9ja: 8:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
Richman15:
A Successful Yoruba Icon.
you call that disgusting man an icon? Shiiiiiiiit!... A man that slept with his son's wife? WTF is wrong with ur brain?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sullivan Chime Visits Chimaroke Nnamani In Enugu (Photos) / How SGF, Babachir Lawal Was Suspended Inside Osinbajo’s Office / Protesters Attack Douye Diri's House, Destroy Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.