Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market (17734 Views)

Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe / CBN Probes Questionable Bank Transactions / Naira Falls To N345/$ In Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by abouzaid: 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
GudluckIBB:
Emeiefele caused this wahala by asking Bdc to recapitalize
People will want to recoup their money back na!
Emiefele is as clueless as jonathan
bros, why all these lies? how does the recapitalization of bdcs affect the demand for dollars? are they importers? diaris god o.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by abouzaid: 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
globalresource:
I am pleading on behalf of the Nigerian importers. pls help clean up this naira depreciation mess.
the importers are not gaining anything from the depreciation of the naira because it means that their imports would now become more expensive

1 Like

Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by abouzaid: 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
engrjacuzzi:
still waiting for the man who said he will make #1 equivalent to 1 dollar.
he would do that at the fullness of time. but remember that in the long run we are all dead, so that might not happen in our lifetime.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by Immatex(m): 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
Coolcash1:

This is the dumbest post ever on NL....Stop celebrating your ignorance publicly. If you don't have any sensible thing to say its more honourable you just take a walk.

You can say all you like, the choice is yours, its a free world.
But let me go on record to insist that this government of the North for the North will not make the most improverished Northerners any better than they are now.
They will only continue to play catch-up with the South, West and East because they little or no leverage on the Nigerian State hence their desperation.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
Dollyak:
Sincerely the sooner PMB act on the advice of the Economist Magazine about the CBN Governor, the better for Nigeria economy.

The Fed/Treasury Department can track every dollar transaction globally but our CBN need physical presence to know how the Dollar they sold to forex Dealers are being used.

How sad!

You want to compare the economy of d us and it's efficiency to that of nigeria?
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by abouzaid: 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
Activa:

You want to compare the economy of d us and it's efficiency to that of nigeria?
there is even nothing to track. it's not a crime to buy or sell on the black market.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by Immatex(m): 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
GenOrumov:

Either you are plain ignorant of what basic economics is in a country like Nigeria where things are upside down (which is caused by greedy people) or you're just not knowledgeable in anything.

What is happening wasn't caused by northern BDC's just for the sole purpose of discrediting the CBN governor but by thieves and greedy people who want to make quick bucks by forcing the naira down by all means and knowing they can get away with it because its Nigeria.

Even if a foreigner heads the CBN, these crooks will do the same thing over again. They won't have a problem with any CBN governor notwithstanding wherever he's from so far he allows them have a field day against Nigeria's economy and the naira.

I will pretend not to have seen your insults.
The said theives, where do they come out, South, East, West or North.
Which Nigerian Ethnic nationality leads in the BDC business, South, East, West or North
Which of them buys the most dollars, South, East , West or North
I have no doubt that the answers vindicate my strongly held convinction that our fallen Naira rate is the result of deliberate attempts by the Northern Cabals to discredit a CBN man from the South.
At the fullness of time this cabal will visit the president and mount pressure on him to change this man which is what he will do without a second thought and replace him with a childhood retired 1970 banker.
Apologies to anyone who feels offended to hear this blunt truths.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by DeGenius3(m): 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
Why Can't We Discuss Real Stuff to Learn From
One Another Instead of Abusing One Another?

Sometimes, The Way We Make Comments Is Just
Not Good At All.

Please try To Be Matured.

Thanks.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by iretiland: 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
In the history of clueless people holding public office in Nigeria, this Okonjo-Iwealla's recruit called Emefiele manning the CBN remains the worst ever seen. Anybody with a little brain and able to reflect on how market forces work, will know that his very recent action reading out a list of banned item on the forex transaction market will lead to what we are currently witnessing. He is as dishonest as those who brought him in to the CBN without reflecting on his criminal record at Zenith bank. It's only in Nigeria that his type is rewarded with managing the monetary policy of an economy after massively being involved in defrauding that economy in an unimaginable way. Jonathan and Ngozi didnt only destroyed Nigeria's economy, they also left their roots in the form of CBN's Emefiele and the DG of the Statistics Burea (to cook lies in the name of figure) to continue the destructive work they so perfected. PMB needs to find a way to remove all these left over children of corruption asap.

1 Like

Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by abouzaid: 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
DeGenius3:
Why Can't We Discuss Real Stuff to Learn From
One Another Instead of Abusing One Another?

Sometimes, The Way We Make Comments Is Just
Not Good At All.

Please try To Be Matured.

Thanks.
what you are seeing is only a symptom of our national problems. it can only disappear when the real problems are treated
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by adconline(m): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
ayusco85:
They can only buy from the black market. Hence the black market is dictating the rate.

For those saying Buhari is the cause of the falling value of dollar in the parallel market, may God forgive u.

We are too dependent on importation, that needs to be reduced.
Until you start using made in Naija laptops, phones, clothes and shoes, u must shut the fcukck up!!
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by ayusco85(m): 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
adconline:

Until you start using made in Naija laptops, phones, clothes and shoes, u must shut the fcukck up!!

And wen will u fvckin make d govt pass legislation regardin using only made in nigeria products? Oponu
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by abouzaid: 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
adconline:

+1000000 most Nigerians are far fetched from reality, Nigeria would continue been import independent into the near if not far future. how many tooth pick factories do we have? the solution to our malaise is currently beyond us.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by Nayok(m): 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
And God is watching U̶̲̥̅̊ Biafraudster
Neduzze5:
CBN is probing
Buhari is travelling
Osibanjo is visiting
SA is talking
Tinubu is regretting
APC is fighting!!

The Zoo is finished!!
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
abouzaid:
there is even nothing to track. it's not a crime to buy or sell on the black market.

My dear, the cbn must rely on the efficiency of so many other agencies to achieve its objective. How effective are d agencies?

Only one example - why did Customs remove textile and furniture from import prohibition list?

Another one - why is Min of Trade not embargoing the importation of frivolous items?

It's a long story/debate. I don't know how interested you are
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
ayusco85:

For those saying Buhari is the cause of the falling value of dollar in the parallel market, may God forgive u.

Fine! If importation will be reduced, then it means we have to start exporting right?...

If yes...who are the people responsible mainly for the production of goods which are exported? ...Igbos

How will it work when the Igbos are the major enemies of Dullapo?
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by tsdarkside(m): 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
they should just let it fall and let it balance its own self....the japanis yen is 1$=1`000yen...and they are still alive....

cbn should just let the naira balance its own self........

and its good for the economie too...because everything will become more cheaper for investors........so long we nigerians only buy nigerian made products....i dont see how we can loose this game...just buy only nigerian made products,and everything will be fine......
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by ayusco85(m): 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
lawanson44:

Fine! If importation will be reduced, then it means we have to start exporting right?...

If yes...who are the people responsible mainly for the production of goods which are exported? ...Igbos

How will it work when the Igbos are the major enemies of Dullapo?

and what exactly do the igbos export? and who told u other regions dont have things to export? and who told u PMB hates igbos? dude u need to get out of that dark hole of hate. it will do u no good
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by adconline(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
ayusco85:

And wen will u fvckin make d govt pass legislation regardin using only made in nigeria products? Oponu
Until ur fvckcking moronic govt starts building power stations, decimating Boko Haram, building roads. No country can self-sufficient without these!!
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by ayusco85(m): 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
adconline:

Until ur fvckcking moronic govt starts building power stations, decimating Boko Haram, building roads. No country can self-sufficient without these!!

then get the fucck off my mentions.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by adconline(m): 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
ayusco85:

then get the fucck off my mentions.
Cos talk is cheap and it's worthless than a piece of paper I'm going to use to wipe my azzs.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
i hope it would not reach N300 by the end of the year.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by GenOrumov: 11:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
Immatex:

I will pretend not to have seen your insults.
The said theives, where do they come out, South, East, West or North.
Which Nigerian Ethnic nationality leads in the BDC business, South, East, West or North
Which of them buys the most dollars, South, East , West or North
I have no doubt that the answers vindicate my strongly held convinction that our fallen Naira rate is the result of deliberate attempts by the Northern Cabals to discredit a CBN man from the South.
At the fullness of time this cabal will visit the president and mount pressure on him to change this man which is what he will do without a second thought and replace him with a childhood retired 1970 banker.
Apologies to anyone who feels offended to hear this blunt truths.

Is it only the BDC's that determine the exchange rate or are in the Forex business?
Wasn't the naira sliding before the recapitalization of the BDC's?
Are the investors only from the North?
Are the importers only from the North?
Are the Northerners the only ones that conduct businesses with forex?
I no reason to debate with you or to educate you because i see you have made up your mind on viewing the economics of exchange rate from a tribal angle. Even though your opinion should not be discarded with the wave of a hand, economics has nothing to do with tribe so quit the sentiments. If the CBN governor is removed, it is because he has failed to do the job that was expected of him which is to stabilize the naira and in my opinion i think he's trying his best
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by GenOrumov: 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
Activa:

My dear, the cbn must rely on the efficiency of so many other agencies to achieve its objective. How effective are d agencies?

Only one example - why did Customs remove textile and furniture from import prohibition list?

Another one - why is Min of Trade not embargoing the importation of frivolous items?

It's a long story/debate. I don't know how interested you are

I totally agree with you. That is where the government of the day has to be strong and put in mechanisms to harmonise all the approaches that have to be taken to ensure the demand for foreign currency reduces.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by persius555(m): 11:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
ayusco85:
They can only buy from the black market. Hence the black market is dictating the rate.

Nigerial's lack of national pride will continue to kill our economy. Nigerians are import crazy people, even when what they import is largely below global standard. What CBN needs to do is to offer insentives to local manufacturers, provide infrastructures.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by Ademat7(m): 12:44am On Jul 18, 2015
persius555:
Nigerial's lack of national pride will continue to kill our economy. Nigerians are import crazy people, even when what they import is largely below global standard. What CBN needs to do is to offer insentives to local manufacturers, provide infrastructures.
#wisdom + let religious body and Govt engage in made in nigeria cos this two body control our belief system
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by boujaye: 1:04am On Jul 18, 2015
san316:
So all this while, it is a case of sabotage. Not that the naira is actually losing its value against the dollar.

Intact what is the rate at the NSE?

The government made a policy in order to give value to the naira, it doesn't favor them and they decide to get it through the back door thereby increasing demand where is limited supply. The CBN giving BDCs more dollar is like repealing their policies through the back door. Unfortunate indeed.
when will Buhari send SSS to place BDC under arrest? only 2months in office pmb is becoming power drunk.

1 Like

Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by ayusco85(m): 1:52am On Jul 18, 2015
persius555:

I blame the igbos, they are the chief importers of everything importable cheesy grin
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by adconline(m): 4:39am On Jul 18, 2015
ayusco85:

I blame the igbos, they are the chief importers of everything importable cheesy grin
Stupidity when u use everything imported. U eat frozen imported chicken.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by Reference(m): 10:12am On Jul 18, 2015
What are you probing. Is the parallel market not a free market anymore. Can you control corruption, the unpatriotic attitude of Nigerians in believing everything foreign, the government system of allocation (free money), the mono export economic model we operate as lazy Nigerians. If you cannot control these, forget about any probe.
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by donJ2(m): 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
Misanthrope:
Currency depreciation is normal.

Sometimes depreciating the currency is inevitable, China once devalued their currency by 38 percent, it it becomes too bad, inflation becomes a rule.

Shame on you for this useless post.

Have you analysed the actuall cause of the hike in black mkt?

CBN it self with all the accounting competence should hv known that this would happen...
Re: CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market by Skillz02(m): 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
Neduzze5:
This current government is a real joke!

All it does of recent is to either;

Sack
Appoint Northern Abokinas
Probe
Deny
Travel
Visit
Snap pictures
Eat dinner with cows
Set up Office of President's daughter and some other unmentionable vices!!

#BuhariJoker!!
Hey did you read the article at all
Keep being sentimental & u will remain jobless 4 d nxt 4 years better start adapting to aboki appointees they are in charge now so we have to accept that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall / Photography Business In Nigeria / We Have Disbursed Over ₦117 Billion Loans Since Inception – Fairmoney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.