Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,902 members, 7,844,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

The Real Owners Of Oil Blocs In Nigeria - Southerners & Niger Delta Top . - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Owners Of Oil Blocs In Nigeria - Southerners & Niger Delta Top . (7608 Views)

Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners / The Real Owners Of Oil Blocks In The Niger-Delta Exposed...(pics) / APC Leaders And Blocs In Fierce Battle Over Buhari's Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Owners Of Oil Blocs In Nigeria - Southerners & Niger Delta Top . by thewarrior72: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2015
What amazes me most is that, when the north is accused of subjugating the southeast & southsouth, the SLAVES from Southwest axis will be the ones defending them, while the accused remain silent embarassed embarassed......It seems a curse was placed upon Southwest to remain eternal SLAVE of the GAMBARIANS. Truly, Southwest & its people are a conquered territory by the gambarians.

1 Like

Re: The Real Owners Of Oil Blocs In Nigeria - Southerners & Niger Delta Top . by HiGod: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2015
Dorrobucci:

Why would any hausa/fulani be in possession of any oil bloc in the first place?

Is there oil in the north? NO

So why would you own an oil block in my backyard? Ndi ara!

Rubbish!

Why would your useless Igbo brothers and sisters own businesses on their land too? Tell your fellow Igbo brothers and sisters to come back to south east only to start their businesses......

1 Like

Re: The Real Owners Of Oil Blocs In Nigeria - Southerners & Niger Delta Top . by nonen(m): 9:33am On Jul 18, 2015
rusher14:

A conspiracy theory is easy to concoct. Any simpleton can do that.

I work in the oil industry and I take it as a hobby.

Can you say from where you derive your source of this all-coveted-but-often-shrouded-in-mystery knowledge of oil block owners!?

Please don't misunderstand me. I can't verify the truthfulness of the published report about the oil block owners, because such business transactions are classified, and it's shrouded in top secrecy. Weighing the two entities making accusations and counter accusations(Senator Ita Enang and Thisday Newspaper), I choose to lean towards the Senator for very obvious reasons, I can share these reasons if you care. This is a report Senator Ita Enang published to the Senate house more than two years back, Thisday is only publishing it's report this week. It's a hoodwink. Thisday's report came only after Buhari has emerged as Presido. Don't you see? What I'm saying in essence is that senator Ita Enang is more powerful and disposed to accessing classified information about our country, being a senator, than Thisday newspaper, owned by a politician, who's desperate to continue to distract us while smiling to the bank. Both the Senator and Thisday Newspaper might be wrong here, but I'm more disposed to believing the Senator than Thisday Newspaper.
Re: The Real Owners Of Oil Blocs In Nigeria - Southerners & Niger Delta Top . by rusher14: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2015
nonen:

Please don't misunderstand me. I can't verify the truthfulness of the published report about the oil block owners, because such business transactions are classified, and it's shrouded in top secrecy. Weighing the two entities making accusations and counter accusations(Senator Ita Enang and Thisday Newspaper), I choose to lean towards the Senator for very obvious reasons, I can share these reasons if you care. This is a report Senator Ita Enang published to the Senate house more than two years back, Thisday is only publishing it's report this week. It's a hoodwink. Thisday's report came only after Buhari has emerged as Presido. Don't you see? What I'm saying in essence is that senator Ita Enang is more powerful and disposed to accessing classified information about our country, being a senator, than Thisday newspaper, owned by a politician, who's desperate to continue to distract us while smiling to the bank. Both the Senator and Thisday Newspaper might be wrong here, but I'm more disposed to believing the Senator than Thisday Newspaper.

Thisday didn't just publish a list of oil block owners.

If you look at my profile you would see I personally had been debunking this often bandied and certainly dishonest notion quoting Thisday as one of my sources.
Re: The Real Owners Of Oil Blocs In Nigeria - Southerners & Niger Delta Top . by oyatz(m): 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
Its very obvious, you aren't very educated otherwise you ought to know that
1) oil blocks are allocated(sold) to COMPANIES which has no ethicity/tribes but with shareholders from across Nigeria and not to INDIVIDUALS

2) MOST oil blocks (88%) are owned by foreign multinational companies, are you angry that Nigerians have a paltry 12% share in their country's oil and gas business?
3) Are you aware oil producing States get 13% derivatives, Ministry of Niger Delta ,amnesty deal and CSR from oil companies? In addition to lucrative pipelines protection contracts, oil bunkering and illegal refineries?

I think, what you guys should do is to collaborate with one another (all the who's who in the oil producing areas) and form your own companies, that can prospect for oil ,transform your illegal refineries to environmental friendly and efficient refineries that can meet the petroleum demands of Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta States, then watch how you guys will dominate the oil and gas sector of Nigeria's economy and nobody will contest it with you. Its easier to control things with less controversies in the private sector without government interference which will bring jealousy and poke nosing from other Nigerians.

When the oil spills it doesn't destroy the water in the North "naturally", when they flare gas it doesn't disturb the air in the North "naturally" but when it's time to own oil blocks, it becomes a natural endowment for "ONE NIGERIA".

Can you see how crazy you sound? Until Southerners start owning groundnut blocks in the North, Northerners should stay off Niger Delta "natural" resources.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rochas Reported Dead / COVID-19: WHO To Commence Trialing Malaria, Other Drugs / PSC Unveils 11-Man Board Members To Recruit Police Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.