Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

As Nigerians, Do We Have Anything To Be Proud Of As A Nation? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / As Nigerians, Do We Have Anything To Be Proud Of As A Nation? (482 Views)

Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him / Adult Education: I Am Still Proud Of My Department Despite The Negative Comments / Team OAU Makes Africa Proud In Mexico (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Nigerians, Do We Have Anything To Be Proud Of As A Nation? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 18, 2015
I was speechless when a friend of mine asked me this question. I am so passionate about my country and I can go to any length (legally) in defending the interests of my country. I know my country, Nigeria is not perfect and that most Nigerians are ever ready to criticize the government for the problems of our country, which I don't subscribe to.

I am not saying that the government is guilty or not guilty. I am not saying that Nigeria is developed or not developed. I am not saying that things are working well or not working well. I am of the opinion that this country is not as bad as we paint it which is what the world sees. Even the so called 'developed' nations that are often used as models/ framework in criticizing my dear country, have some or even the same challenges with us. Or is there any perfect system in the world?

I have never been to any other country apart from Nigeria. But I am very sure that when I do visit one, which is soon, especially countries in North America and Europe, I will definitely observe the same things happening here but at a different rate of occurence. It can be at the minimum level or even at maximum level. These things are even evident in their movies (one of their greatest exports to our country).

My point is that no country is flawless. The greatness of any nation lies in its people. When we learn to focus on the good side of something or someone, we see the best in them. And when we do this continually, we create rooms for better things and development of that person or thing.

Then he asked me this 'is there any good thing we can be proud of as Nigerians?'
I was not expecting the question. Infact, I was shocked. A momentary silence filled the room. I couldn't think of anything to say. I was blank. But I still believe deep in my heart that we have good things to be proud of as a country.
Please, help me out. Let's defend this great nation. Let's build, develop and protect our pride together.
I need your opinion and contributions please.

Caveat Lector:
We are called to communicate divine truth with an accent of love and bring hope to our generation.

We are committed to the pursuit of excellence in all that pertains to life and godliness through the agency of God's word and the Holy Spirit.

We glorify God in all we say and do.

Out of the broken pieces of our past, God shall build an edifice of hope.

PS: This happened in my undergraduate years @ the university.
Polite comments only please.

Source: 5252World

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As Nigerians, Do We Have Anything To Be Proud Of As A Nation? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 18, 2015
I am proud to be a Nigerian...or what else can I say. Love, peace, unity and progress.

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Do We Have Anything To Be Proud Of As A Nation? by yomi007k(m): 12:22am On Jul 18, 2015
I have asked my friends this same question n none is yet to come up with anything POSITIVE.

One said, "this is a country where u can steal money and go scot free"

Fact is WE GOT NOTHING.
Re: As Nigerians, Do We Have Anything To Be Proud Of As A Nation? by yomi007k(m): 12:23am On Jul 18, 2015
5252World:
I am proud to be a Nigerian...or what else can I say. Love, peace, unity and progress.

Continue to dey console urself. grin

U got NOTHING to be Proud of.
Re: As Nigerians, Do We Have Anything To Be Proud Of As A Nation? by Greenbuoy(m): 1:59am On Jul 18, 2015
N o n s e n s e
Re: As Nigerians, Do We Have Anything To Be Proud Of As A Nation? by Paitty(f): 2:43am On Jul 18, 2015
Well to me i think we do,..Our ability to withstand any form of difficulty,.. dat oneness we exhibit in facing various challenges dat comes our way day in day out,..we utilize opportunities to unleash our potentials

A country where people strive to survive on their own,..a country where even when our leaders care less about the poor masses we still won't gv up on our dreams of achieving wat we want to achieve

I love my country cus i can never ask for more,....Proudly Nigerian
Re: As Nigerians, Do We Have Anything To Be Proud Of As A Nation? by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 18, 2015
@ greenbuoy @ paitty...you are so on point...proudly Nigerian!
Good people, great nation!

(1) (Reply)

UAM;;;;; Call 07063557537 / Caption This Photo / Copy Of The Word For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.