Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) (1156 Views)

No Group Can Unlawfully Challenge Fg’s Authority And Succeed, Says Buhari / Fayose Arrests Fake Aides Of Buhari [PICS] / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by Danjuma827(m): 3:12am On Jul 18, 2015
The task of re-positioning Nigeria onto path of
greater development and stability requires
sacrifice, patriotism and’self-denial’, President
Muhammadu Buhari said on Friday in his Eid-il-
Fitr message to Nigerians.

“Our dire circumstances and the many missed
opportunities of the past, some commentators and
observers have said that this is Nigeria’s last
chance to get its act together and finally begin to
fulfill its God-given potential for greatness.
“While not going that far, I certainly believe that
now, more than ever before, our country needs
greater self-denial, sacrifice and patriotism from
all of its citizens, if we are to quickly recover
from our numerous problems and start moving in
a positive direction,” he said in the message in
which he urged Nigerians to imbibe the lessons of
Ramadan.

While acknowledging the burden of expectations
that weighed heavily on him, the President urged
Nigerians to be patient, noting that his
commitment to tackling various challenges facing
the nation has not wavered.
He said, “I remain wholly committed to giving the
required leadership towards undoing the wrongs of
the past, ensuring that Nigeria truly begins to
unlock its great potential and that the benefits of
our immense national resources are shared and
enjoyed by all, not just by successive cabals of
corrupt leaders and their cronies.
“I was very aware of your high expectations when
I assumed office and I reassure you, my fellow
citizens, that since my inauguration on the 29th
of May this year, I have been working with
utmost dedication to meticulously plan and tackle
the many national challenges which we identified
and promised to resolve.

“To succeed however, I need your continued
support, understanding and patience.
“I fully understand and share the thirst of my
long-suffering compatriots for corruption-free
government institutions that work efficiently to
deliver visible development for the benefit of all
citizens.
“I also share the feelings of those who think that
we should be moving faster. But I urge them and
all Nigerians to trust that my commitment to real
and positive change in our nation is as firm as
ever.
“There is indeed much work to be done, but we
must do it well and carefully to ensure that the
great opportunity which we now have is not lost
to the “business as usual” group who selfishly or
shortsightedly prefer a status quo that panders to
their personal or group interests.

“The adverse effects of years of rot, corruption,
inept and bad governance on our nation are
immense, but certainly not insurmountable if we
all resolve now to place the well-being of our
nation above all other considerations and work
whole-heartedly with the present administration to
achieve greater peace and security across the
nation, and reposition our country for faster
economic development and progress.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/nigeria-needs-sacrifice-and-patriotism-to-succeed-says-buhari/

Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by madridguy(m): 3:15am On Jul 18, 2015
Almighty GOD

I humbly and graciously thank you for your goodness and mercy to us.

Look down upon President Buhari and grant him your wisdom O Lord. In his profession of faith in God, show him clearly what his profession calls him to do....first as a believer, and secondly as president. Help President Buhari to make wise financial decisions as well. Teach our president that it is wrong to pass on this huge financial debt to future generations. Wake him up to the dangers which this enormous debt presents to our nation. Give him wisdom in the area of financial responsibility, and in all other areas. I don't care what HATERS say about PMB vibration is allowed but they can't RING out.

Sai Baba
Sai PMB

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 3:16am On Jul 18, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by rozzyy(m): 3:17am On Jul 18, 2015
Presido tell dem
Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by cephaswizzy(m): 3:23am On Jul 18, 2015
wish u success
Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by Israel5(m): 3:23am On Jul 18, 2015
Bloodsacrifice is the strongest and that we have shed for a long time and still counting. We just need all polithieves to die
Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by Rose2014: 3:24am On Jul 18, 2015
Did I hear 'patriotism' Waoh

The one he taught Nigerians during GEJ's regime

Ok na grin

#Watching with a bowl of popcorn#

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by knuckbuck(m): 3:40am On Jul 18, 2015
Every leader needs support to succeed. The previous leader lacked support from the North and that was why Boko Haram grew into what it became. Now we have a new leader and it's time to set aside our differences and support. That, however, does not mean GMB should not be criticized when he has erred. Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians, even the unborn ones.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by Boy101(m): 4:00am On Jul 18, 2015
Seconded
Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by Flets: 4:01am On Jul 18, 2015
The kind of patriotism and support APC and Buhari gave the last government through criticizing their every move and threatening to soak dogs and baboon in blood.

Imagine evil APC asking for support they couldn't give just few months back.

Hypocritical rubbish! !!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by Nobody: 4:11am On Jul 18, 2015
Grandpa Buhari, boko haram has sacrificed a lot of blood to your @llah so we don't need to make more sacrifices.

Thank God Mama Patience is also out of aso rock so we have also lost patience with you.

Work or get buzzed out of office. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by ice25(f): 4:11am On Jul 18, 2015
Good sermon from pa Buhari

In what way were you patriotic, or did sacrifice for the previous administration to work?

Wishing to make Nigeria ungovernable if u lost the election, how patriotic was that?

calling for the blood of monkeys and baboons, how very sacrificial you were.

in another context "Give it will be given unto you, good measure shaken together, running over, will men give to your bossom"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by Gr8tasign: 4:45am On Jul 18, 2015
Buhari, nigeria can never succeed. Let us stop this self-deceit and face reality which is glaring at us. Presently patriotism requires that we part ways for success to set in. Isnt 100yrs experiment enough to produce positive result?

Up BIAFRA!

BIAFRA we want!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by trapQ: 4:53am On Jul 18, 2015
if you don't want to success simply you won't succeed, not " Nigeria will never success" , don't come here with that nonsense. Aba is the the dirties place in the whole entire universe even worse than hell. and you're coming here to chant Biafra...

give yourself a break.
Gr8tasign:
Buhari, nigeria can never succeed. Let us stop this self-deceit and face reality which is glaring at us. Presently patroitism requires that we part ways for success to set in. Isnt 100yrs experiment enough to produce positive result?

Up BIAFRA!

BIAFRA we want!
Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by Swiftboy(m): 6:18am On Jul 18, 2015
ATTENTION EVERYONE:
Please vote Nairaland rapper. His name is Blaqbones. Help vote and share https://polldaddy.com/user/demo47/
please help call mod to take this thread to the front page. This young man is really good and he's been on Nairaland for years. Lets support him. Check out this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/2454758/nairaland-rapperblaqbones-made-vectors-king#35911335 vote and share.
Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by nmanma1(f): 7:13am On Jul 18, 2015
buhari n APC didn't give gej support , success or patriotism wen he was on seat. now the want it from naija. bunch of selfish n self centred pple.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by imsuboi(m): 7:38am On Jul 18, 2015
knuckbuck:
Every leader needs support to succeed. The previous leader lacked support from the North and that was why Boko Haram grew into what it became. Now we have a new leader and it's time to set aside our differences and support. That, however, does not mean GMB should not be criticized when he has erred. Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians, even the unborn ones.

Why?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Sacrifice And Patriotism To Succeed, Says Buhari (pics) by Segadem(m): 8:09am On Jul 18, 2015
Yes Baba

(1) (Reply)

The Foolishness Of Okorocha And Some/few Igbos. / Less Than 50 People Stole 4 Trillion Naira B/W 2011-2015!!!! / Photo Of What Happened In Lagos Recently: Political Angle To Ritualism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.