Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia (3410 Views)

75-Year-Old Woman Marries A 27yr Old Man...says 'love Has No Age Limit' / Explosion At Goil Filling Station In Ghana, 75 Dead / Kenyan Mall Wasnt Attacked By Islamic Terrorist - Findings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by sleekp1: 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2009
**osisi:

am I expected to respond? undecided kiss cry cheesy grin wink smiley

Please don't respond, you're a sad woman.
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by RichyBlacK(m): 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2009
Saudi Arabia is an eyesore to all sane minds!

How can humans accept this kind of oppression in the guise of religion? Why can't sane-minded Muslims confront the tyranny of the criminal House of Saud? These vagabonds still behead people (largely foreigners) in public and adhere to some of the most barbaric laws known to man. Women, as always, bear the brunt of these senseless laws.

There is absolutely no excuse for a 75-year old woman to be treated in this manner. Any interpretation of the Qur'an that supports this, is criminal and must be condemned without reservation!

Aren't there Muslims in Algeria and Turkey? Why don't we hear about these kinds of monstrosities so common in Saudi Arabia? Are the Muslims in America, the UK, Turkey, Jordan and Tunisia lesser because they don't live by this foolishness? Rubbish!
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by RichyBlacK(m): 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2009
Khamisa Sawadi, a Syrian who was married to a Saudi, was convicted and sentenced last week for meeting men who were not her immediate relatives. The two men, including one who was Sawadi’s late husband’s nephew, were also found guilty and sentenced to prison and lashes.

The woman’s lawyer, Abdul Rahman Al-Lahem, said he plans to appeal the verdict, which also demands Sawadi be deported after serving her prison term. He said his client has not served her sentence yet.

Source: Arab News

Saudi Arabia is one of the most xenophobic countries in the world. At 75, after being flogged and jailed, for doing absolutely nothing wrong, the scoundrels still want to deport her. Shame on the Saudi government!
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by osisi2(f): 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2009
It might interest you note that Muslims tout Saudi and her laws as the closest to the ideal sharia .
go figure
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by Lagosboy: 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2009
**osisi:

It might interest you note that Muslims tout Saudi and her laws as the closest to the ideal sharia .
go figure

I am a muslim and have categorically stated in here that the House of saud and these segragtion laws are extremem to islamic laws. Why are u dragging us backwards here
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by RichyBlacK(m): 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2009
sleek_p:

@Grandmama osisi
You must live a very sad life trolling the net looking for anti Muslim articles.  As a Christian  I believe we have extreme Christians and extreme Muslims. I think you belong to "fringe" African Christianity of worshiping and mixing native gods with the real God. Constantly looking for enemies and blaming your own failures on percieved enemies. What a sad existence.

P.S
If Iya osisi was a Muslim, I bet she would have ended up a female suicide bomber.

@sleek_p,

I see it as exposing the sorry state of affairs in Saudi-Arabia. Just like Lagosboy said, and I've been saying for some time now, the House of Saud is an oppressive cabal. They use Islam to subdue and oppress the people, to keep them in check; as if Islam will not exist without them. We've seen this in the past when monarchies in Europe used Christianity to brutally oppress the people. Today, it is happening in Saudi Arabia, and a few other countries.
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by RichyBlacK(m): 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2009
**osisi:

go figure

Such thoughts emanate from the Arab-centric view many Muslims have of Islam. Islam transcends Arabia or the Arab people, and majority of Muslims today are not Arabs. Yet, the Arab influence in Islam is so strong that some Muslims even believe that Allah is monolingual. It is this psychological stranglehold that makes some Muslims accept anything from Saudi Arabia. And when you now add the fact that the two holiest sites in Islam are in Saudi Arabia, don't be surprised that many Muslims believe that Allah only understands Arabic. So, Muslims who don't understand Arabic are not Muslims? Do you recall when God only understood Latin?
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2009
I hate it when Muslims are faced with facts and they say Saudi is not this or that. Or Saudi is not practicing Islam rightly. How about beating your wife that's in the Quran. It's written right there that you can flog your wife.
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by osisi2(f): 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2009
It's not just in Saudi.
Bahrain,Jordan,Afghanistan,Pakistan,Bangladesh,Syria.Uzbekistan, northern Nigeria,Mauritania,Somalia,Sudan,Egypt ,Indonesia etc.
even in the so called secular Turkey,Morocco and and Malaysia.
wherever Islam and sharia are mentioned,evil laws abound oppressive to women and the poor.
If Saudi ,the epitome of "Islamity" is unable to get it right,doesn't that prove that the whole sharia thing is a sham?
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by RichyBlacK(m): 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2009
**osisi:

It's not just  in Saudi.
Bahrain,Jordan,Afghanistan,Pakistan,Bangladesh,Syria.Uzbekistan, northern Nigeria,Mauritania,Somalia,Sudan,Egypt ,Indonesia etc.
even in the so called secular Turkey,Morocco and and Malaysia.
wherever Islam and sharia are mentioned,evil laws abound oppressive to women and the poor.
If Saudi ,the epitome of "Islamity" is unable to get it right,doesn't that prove that the whole sharia thing is a sham?

Well, I think legal systems must evolve to stay relevant. The common law has evolved over the years and so has the civil law. The Islamic legal system must, will and has evolved. This evolution is sometimes based on interpretation or deliberate modifications, and is also geographically/culturally biased. The problem is that some do not want change because it will decrease their ability to use the law to promote parochial agendas. Today, even Saudis are complaining about the application of these stone-age laws. Watch what will happen tomorrow, people with get tired and push back! And there is no guarantee that the current systems will survive the push back. History is replete with examples!

You're right that women and children usually bear the brunt of the most barbaric laws in the world. The "weak" appear to bee the most vulnerable. When will Saudi Arabia behead a Saudi prince for stealing money? Or is it only migrant workers from Pakistan who still tachere money that deserve to be beheaded in the public square? Imbeciles!

People must resist oppression, no matter who the oppressors are!
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by Pataki: 9:33pm On Mar 11, 2009
Is this not the same Saudi, muslims all over the world rush down to for holy pilgrimage? And some muslims are here saying rubbish about the same Saudi Arabia? grin
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by sleekp1: 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2009
@RichyBlacK
RichyBlacK:

@sleek_p,

I see it as exposing the sorry state of affairs in Saudi-Arabia. Just like Lagosboy said, and I've been saying for some time now, the House of Saud is an oppressive cabal. They use Islam to subdue and oppress the people, to keep them in check; as if Islam will not exist without them. We've seen this in the past when monarchies in Europe used Christianity to brutally oppress the people. Today, it is happening in Saudi Arabia, and a few other countries.

I was trying to point out that osisi was always looking for ways to knock Northerners or Muslims. Your assertion that she was trying to expose "the sorry state of affairs in Saudi-Arabia is wrong. You only have to view most of her post to conclude she despises people from northern Nigeria and by extension Muslims.
To live in the relative and peaceful western countries while advocating religious war in your homeland I think is evil.

Am not a fan of Islam neither am I a fan of radical Christianity.
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by bawomolo(m): 2:10am On Mar 12, 2009
Pataki:

Is this not the same Saudi, muslims all over the world rush down to for holy pilgrimage? And some muslims are here saying rubbish about the same Saudi Arabia? grin

Good point, you have to wonder why aren't muslims pressuring the country that hosts the two holy cities of Islam to reform itself?
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by DeReloaded: 2:24am On Mar 12, 2009
^ Do they ever speak against anything unless non-Muslims bring it to their attention? Even then they rather attack the thread starter than the situation

**osisi:

am I expected to respond? undecided kiss cry cheesy grin wink smiley

Why bother? I dont think that was even English
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by Lagosboy: 8:36am On Mar 12, 2009
Pataki:

The two holy sites in islam are in a country called Saudi Arabia doesnt mean the Saudi regime is islamic. Holy pilgrimage is a duty on every muslim regardless of who is in control of the polical machinery of Saudi.  You have to look at this issue in perspective and not narrow it down like you said.

I detest the House of Saud and they dont represent Islam. Monarch system is not part of islam and it is also not part of islam that one family would rule a country. The Saudi regime would pick on little things and make it a big issue in islam while their useless princes indulge in extreme vulgarity and lewdness. They would never see the big issue of their royal house been illegitmate in the first instance.

RichyBlacK:

@sleek_p,

You have to put sleek_p post in the context of what osisi stands for NL. It is open secret she hates muslim and northerners and majority of her posts are against this group of peple. Dont take this post in isolation. Exposing nthe saudi regime is a no issue to me as the whole world already knows the hypocricy of the house of saud backed and loved by George Bush.

SAUDI ARABIA IS NOT THE EPITOME OF ISLAM IN ANYWAY, THE TWO HOLY SITES JUST HAPPEN TO BE LOCATED THERE.

SAUDI ARABIA IS A COUNTRY WITH BORDERS PERIOD, RULED BY A CORRUPT REGIME.

THE SEGREGATION LAWS OF SAUDI IS EXTREME TO ISLAM AND MORE OF CULTURAL PRACTICE NOT ISLAM
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by Lagosboy: 8:53am On Mar 12, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Such thoughts emanate from the Arab-centric view many Muslims have of Islam. Islam transcends Arabia or the Arab people, and majority of Muslims today are not Arabs. Yet, the Arab influence in Islam is so strong that some Muslims even believe that Allah is monolingual. It is this psychological stranglehold that makes some Muslims accept anything from Saudi Arabia. And when you now add the fact that the two holiest sites in Islam are in Saudi Arabia, don't be surprised that many Muslims believe that Allah only understands Arabic. So, Muslims who don't understand Arabic are not Muslims? Do you recall when God only understood Latin?

Arabs account for only 12% of the worlds muslim population today and arab is not synonymous to Islam. The arabic language is the language of the quran and muslims observe their 5 obligatory salah in arabic. However a muslim can supplicate to God in any damn language he so pleases contrary to what many people think.

The Prohphet (PBUH) said in his last sermon " No arab is superior to a non arab and vice versa . . . . " . . .what separates you is your God consciousness and not the skin colour"

Many of the early islamic scholars were not arabs in the least and some were even from the Russian caucuses like Bukhari who was from there. Qurtubi from Qurtuba in spain just to mention a few. Many of the early islamic scientist as well were not arabs.

Bilal the prophets companion whom he loved so much and use to call the prayer for him was black and not originally arab. He couldnt even pronounce the letter "sh" in arabis well and used to say "S" instead and made the calll to prayer like that.

There are arab jews, arab christians, arab muslims and arab atheists. Arab is a race and islam is a faith that transcends race.
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by RichyBlacK(m): 6:15pm On Mar 12, 2009
Lagosboy:

Arabs account for only 12% of the worlds muslim population today and arab is not synonymous to Islam. The arabic language is the language of the quran and muslims observe their 5 obligatory salah in arabic. However a muslim can supplicate to God in any damn language he so pleases contrary to what many people think.

The Prohphet (PBUH) said in his last sermon " No arab is superior to a non arab and vice versa . . . . " . . .what separates you is your God consciousness and not the skin colour"

Many of the early islamic scholars were not arabs in the least and some were even from the Russian caucuses like Bukhari who was from there. Qurtubi from Qurtuba in spain just to mention a few. Many of the early islamic scientist as well were not arabs.

Bilal the prophets companion whom he loved so much and use to call the prayer for him was black and not originally arab. He couldnt even pronounce the letter "sh" in arabis well and used to say "S" instead and made the calll to prayer like that.

There are arab jews, arab christians, arab muslims and arab atheists. Arab is a race and islam is a faith that transcends race.

Good points. Thanks for putting things in clearer perspective.
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2009
Lagosboy:

I am a muslim and have categorically stated in here that the House of saud and these segragtion laws are extremem to islamic laws. Why are u dragging us backwards here

Well, she does have a valid point there. Many muslims around the world, even some in Nigeria speak of Saudi community as the ideal muslim community. You may not agree with that but she, @osisi, did not lie.
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by ayinba1(f): 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2009
@kobojunkie,
But osisi lied, she always does when it's Islam. Feel free to agree with her, but the more correct Islamic viewpoint is what Lagosboy posted. where in the Quran is it mentioned that you should behead a thief? And are there absolutely no Saudi Arabian thieves because most(or all) beheaded folks are foreigners[b]?[/b]

we muslims have spoken on this forum many times against things that are unislamic practised in Arab/muslim geographies but our points are not good enough especially if your mind is made up. Why would you take osisi's word over any muslim's? on an Islamic issue?

I guess we only see what our eyes want to see!

@sleek-p,

honesty has its  reward; and your post was "rite on" about osisi
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by Kobojunkie: 5:58am On Mar 15, 2009
ayinba1:

@kobojunkie,
But osisi lied, she always does when it's Islam. Feel free to agree with her, but the more correct Islamic viewpoint is what Lagosboy posted. where in the Quran is it mentioned that you should behead a thief? And are there absolutely no Saudi Arabian thieves because most(or all) beheaded folks are foreigners.

This has absolutely nothing to do with agreeing with one person or not but the fact that we cannot continue to claim PEACE is he prevailing viewpoint when all about us we see clear as day that it is not. I sense you sort of have some issues with @Osisi herself; I will be honest with you, I don’t give a hoot but I do ask that you at least point out the lie in that statement of hers as you are quick to accuse her of being a liar in this case. How can you bold-faced tell me that there are no Saudi Arabia thieves because according to you all of most all beheaded folks are foreigners? Were you awake when you typed that because I somehow think even a brain would not attempt such?
One does not need to read the quran these days to understand that around the world, there is a continued upsurge in violence from the muslim community and it has nothing to do with what type of islam is practiced as apparently, Muslims with different ideologies seem to believe they are justified in some way, in this act. @LagosBoy is a Nigeria; do I need to point out to you that in the same Nigeria there have been a whole lot of violence from the Muslim community in the name of Islam there too?? Sudan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Indonesia . . . . The list goes on. These crimes have been committed predominantly in the name of Allah and the atrocity committed in this particular case is also in the name of allah apparently as that is what sharia is about. So Please Let us debate as adults and not as dolts.

ayinba1:

we muslims have spoken on this forum many times against things that are unislamic practised in Arab/muslim geographies but our points are not good enough especially if your mind is made up. Why would you take osisi's word over any muslim's? on an Islamic issue?

Aaarrrgghh!!! So you are a muslim. Well, that explains much. All the ridiculous and meaningless apologetics had to come from someplace. I wonder if it is wise for me to continue with this new revelation. You know what, I think you are just another brainwashed dolt who thinks she can spout nonsense and people will buy it. Nothing irks me more than people who talk to me in the manner that you have chosen to above. You really think we are as gullible as you are?? WHo do you think you are talking to? A dolt? GOB!!! At least @LagosBoy makes sense in his argument. Unbelievable!! Nonsense!!
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by bluespice(f): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2009
im disgusted
this is babaric n should be condemmned
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by bawomolo(m): 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2009
And are there absolutely no Saudi Arabian thieves because most(or all) beheaded folks are foreigners.

word, muslim people would never steal. Only those infidels that stain our holy lands steal.
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by idupaul: 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2009
justice has been served, Allah knows best
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 16, 2009
unbelievable shocked shocked shocked
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by ayinba1(f): 2:08am On Mar 16, 2009
@kobojunkie

The part of my post about all thieves in Saudi being foreigners was a question but I missed the question mark.

Your vile and rude remarks to me were totally uncalled for but I see that you have issues with me being a muslim. I know that you are not a muslim but I somehow hoped that you could see a viewpoint of one muslim, guess I was wrong.

You take it easy now so you don't burst an artery
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by Kobojunkie: 3:22am On Mar 16, 2009
ayinba1:

@kobojunkie
The part of my post about all thieves in Saudi being foreigners was a question but I missed the question mark.
Your vile and rude remarks to me were totally uncalled for but I see that you have issues with me being a muslim. I know that you are not a muslim but I somehow hoped that you could see a viewpoint of one muslim, guess I was wrong.
You take it easy now so you don't burst an artery

Don't worry about my arteries, worry more about yourself here. Hhhmm. . . . Let me get this straight. Telling you to stop offering up disconnected stories for response is wrong and I am being rude and vile to you in that, because you are a Muslim? I wonder why @LagosBoy is not here playing the VICTIM card as you are here. I mean I thought he is also a Muslim so why are you being ATTACKED my me for being a Muslim, while @Lagosboy has yet to register that I attacked him for the same. You’re sure you do not need to upgrade your self esteem level here??

Please, next time you come in to debate, if you are not up to handling hard-line questions posed, maybe you should stay away, just a suggestion. To come in to give me the same old bah response, “All muslims think mellow-yellow thoughts like me because I think so” is bull. You are not blind!! Look around you; look at the atrocities committed in the past 8 years alone in the name of Allah, and them come back and tell us all if we imagined all that. For you to come on here to somehow try to blame people for seeing things as they are is really childish and ridiculous. Look at how much Nigeria has changed in the last 10 years all as a result of violent Islamic’s throwing tantrums every which way they can. Are you going to say we imagined all that? Please, stop playing VICTIM and start standing up against what is wrong if you really believe Islam is peaceful and all that.
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by ayinba1(f): 3:44am On Mar 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Aaarrrgghh!!! So you are a muslim. Well, that explains much. All the ridiculous and meaningless apologetics had to come from someplace.

It's obvious that you have nothing against Islam. You are definitely not as smart as you think. Again, take your pulse; and watch those arteries grin
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by osisi2(f): 4:07am On Mar 16, 2009
ayinba1:

@kobojunkie,
But osisi lied, she always does when it's Islam. Feel free to agree with her, but the more correct Islamic viewpoint is what Lagosboy posted. where in the Quran is it mentioned that you should behead a thief? And are there absolutely no Saudi Arabian thieves because most(or all) beheaded folks are foreigners[b]?[/b]

I guess we only see what our eyes want to see!

@sleek-p,

honesty has its  reward; and your post was "rite on" about osisi

Your folks flock to Saudi annually for "holy pilgrimage" and on this forum when it suits you several of you have parrotted to any one who cares to know that Saudi was the closest to what allah intended in Sharia.
Olabowole and several others includding a guy named bellotti have told us with glee how crime is almost non existent in Saudi and I post what sharia is doing to a Saudi grandmother and you call me a liar.
What lies?
Your attempts to shield Islam for what it is
A violent blood thirsty religion has always failed.
Nobody needs to listen to you nor I,they only need to watch the daily news and read the papers especially wherever Islam is named
so so calamity,bloodshed and all things pedophilic

Telling lies and clouding the truth is an "Islamic virtue"
Since your religion permits you to lie and deceive your readers.
dare me and I'll prove it from allah's own mouth

You wouldn't know the truth even if it grew teeth and bit it's way through your radio opaque hijab grin
who no know go know.
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by Kobojunkie: 5:20am On Mar 16, 2009
ayinba1:

It's obvious that you have nothing against Islam. You are definitely not as smart as you think. Again, take your pulse; and watch those arteries grin

Well, if you were not so caught up in self, you would have figured out that that line was basically me realizing the reason for the ridiculous reasons you doled out in the first part of your paragraph. Realizing you are one of those too brainwashed to see the dirt being spewed around the world in the name of allah and willing to blindly blame others for being pissed about it. But then again, what should I expect from someone whose only addition to the post so far has been " It has nothing to do with islam, and everyone who says it is, is a liar". Grow up and grow some backbone! if you are going to believe in one religion or another, at least be willing to bite at those who claim to be one of yours and do evil in the name of your religion rather than going about calling people liars for stating the obvious!
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by ayinba1(f): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2009
@kobojunkie

pele o, cool down. When you actually grow up, I will give you a longer reply.
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2009
roflmao!!!! Ob boy!!! lol
Re: 75 Year Old Grandma To Receive 40 Lashes Of Koboko By Islamic Sharia by FBS: 8:02am On Mar 18, 2009
Islam o, sharia oo, should be banned.
40 lashes for a 75 yr old woman who did norin? shameful.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Strikes Again As New Air Raid In Iraq Kills 6 Medics (photos) / Would You Believe This Was America?? / Trump Orders Removal Of Islamic Symbols, Practices In The White House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.