Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan's Action -obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan's Action -obasanjo (550 Views)

“Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. / Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan's Action -obasanjo by hardeiluxie: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2015
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo has said the Niger Delta region will suffer for the actions and inactions of the immediate past president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. Jonathan, who lost the March 28 presidential election to President Mohammadu Buhari hails from Bayelsa, a state in the Niger Delta. Obasanjo spoke while responding to questions shortly after delivering a convocation lecture at the Benson Idahosa University, Benin City. The ex-president said he couldn’t have helped Jonathan to do his job as Nigeria President after helping him to secure the position. He said, “I became the Head of State because of my performance in the war front. If General Gowon had not sent me to the war front, he would not know whether I could perform or not. He sent me to the war front and because I performed, we both shared the credit. But if I had failed, he would not have shared the condemnation with me. I would have taken that alone. “I believe that the opportunity that afforded itself in 2010 was for somebody from the minority to on his self esteem become the President of Nigeria. We should never lose such opportunity. What he did with that opportunity is entirely up to him. What he did or did not do with it will reflect for a long time on that part of the country. There is no particular person who got there without the people.”

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan's Action -obasanjo by dangote7510(m): 11:29am On Jul 18, 2015
niger delta will suffer, like say we de enjoy before. nobody is happy in dis country.
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan's Action -obasanjo by Bashirfuntua(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2015
K
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan's Action -obasanjo by Bishop4bella(m): 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ill comment when it hit front page.
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan's Action -obasanjo by fistonati(m): 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
OBJ should show some respects and act like a statesman, all these utterances wil not put OBJ min d mold of Mandela, Desmond Tutu and Co. He should be useful to d nation now than to himself.
Re: Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan's Action -obasanjo by xmich(m): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2015
Obasanjo!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Gov.obiano Inspects Second Niger Bridge / Boko Haram Kills 23 In Cameroon Attack - AP, / DSS Probe Of Rivers REC In Order — APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.