Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today (614 Views)

Sponsors Of The Niger Delta Avengers Revealed! GEJ, Wike, Dokpesi Mentioned / Happy Birthday To Me And Other Nairalanders. Aug 6 / 15 Most Mentioned Names/words On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by klem93(m): 11:26am On Jul 18, 2015
Though the BVN registration in Nigeria is free, Nigerians living in London have had to part with N10, 000 to enrol on the exercise.

The directive was said to have been issued by the apex bank, as confirmed by the UK chapter of the All Progressives Congress and Zenith Bank.

The APC, UK chapter, had asked the bank on Twitter about the authenticity of the directive and the bank replied, saying, “The letter is genuine. The fee is as communicated by CBN and the enrolment company was contracted by the CBN. We trust this helps.”

Meanwhile, a user of a popular blogging platform, Nairaland, by the name klem93, said he was shocked to have seen photos of Nigerians thronging the Nigeria High Commission in London in frustration.

He wrote, “I thought it is going to be smooth sailing as I read that BVN for Nigerians in London had begun. I didn’t know it is going to be the same way as it went in Nigeria. A reader of my blog who lives in London wrote me an email: ‘The Nigeria High Commission in London needs an urgent overhaul. This afternoon, we Nigerians were treated like animals in Fleet Street, London, all because we wanted to do BVN for those of us who have accounts in Nigeria.

“Things soon became chaotic and someone called police on us. They allowed us to converge on the street and then locked us out. We were also being forced to pay £30.00 each, but none of the officials or the website could explain what the money was meant for. Is it not free in Nigeria?”

Eleojoe23, another user of the platform, protested, “£30? What for? They truly deserve an explanation. Maybe the high commission thinks that since they live in London, they should have enough money to spare. Do they think people just go out and pick money on the streets in London?”

Another user of the platform, Julioralph, said, “30 pounds for what? Members of staff at the high commission should be changed. Even the CBN is at fault as well; they don’t have proper plans for those abroad concerning this BVN stuff.” http://www.punchng.com/news/uproar-as-nigerians-in-uk-pay-n10-000-for-bvn/ cc Ishilove lalasticlala seun barcanista https://www.nairaland.com/2456653/photos-bvn-registration-london-resulted
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2015
Thank you @OP and other Nairalanders that are taking their time to fight for noble cause.
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by Ejaisky: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2015
Nairaland...
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by slickb(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2015
issokay
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by meimoks(f): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2015
cool cheesy
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by jieta: 11:44am On Jul 18, 2015
cheesy
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by kelvyn7: 11:47am On Jul 18, 2015
wow cheesy
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by obinna2nv(m): 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2015
OK..
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
Sounds nice.
It pays to be outspoken in a sincere way.
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by crystalzoe: 1:06pm On Jul 18, 2015
nairaland rocks!
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by terrifik19(m): 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
you making headway with ur world of mind... Nice to see this happening
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by preach93: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
Journalist too dey nairaland? Moreover nice one bro
Re: I Got Mentioned Alongside Some Other Nairalanders On Punch Today by terry026(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
congrat bro, I know the kind of joy that reside within u like that so lemme help u pop champagne here

(1) (Reply)

Obi - Only The President Approves ECA Disbursement / White People Are Expats, Colored Are Immigrants / Email Spammers Now Using Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.