Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone (1052 Views)

Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith / Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? / Charles Obong Buried With N17M In Uganda To Bribe God To Enter Into Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by adeom141(m): 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
I had an experience with a Man of God, he told me about how while he was driving that day, a motorist bumped is car from behind and threatened to beat him knowing well he was at fault. He(Pastor) was calm and someone came from nowhere to beat up the guilty driver for threatening the Pastor even though he wasn't wrong. He advised that I should always trust in God to rescue us in time of trouble.
A week later i visited the Man of God for some counselling and I met a young man with him. He narrated the same story to the guy and told him it happened to him that morning, I was shocked for hearing the same story that happened last week taken place again that morning. I guess he was trying to motivate the guy.
In a gathering, a friend narrated how a Pastor was telling them a battle he had with a herbalist, everything the Pastor explained that day was the same with a nobly wood movie he watched. To the very way the herbalist fell down was the same with the movie....
My question, is it right for Men of God to lie just to motivate people and keep faith in God...
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by sam4(m): 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by happykidArotiba(m): 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
Man Of God? No
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by donjuviam(m): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
in some case it's not sinful for pastor to motivate by lying. even Jesus too talks in parable and parables are not real. so that one is not lying, so far he/she is doing it to make things work well
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by chinemeomire: 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
a lie is a lie, but can only be justified when its done to save a life.
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by niceluvsus(m): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
IT'S WRONG, BECAUSE FAITH COMES BY HEARING THE WORD (TRUTH) NOT BY STORIES THAT ARE NOT EVEN RESULT OF THE WORD... UNTIL HE (THE PASTORS ) SEES A CONTEMPORARY TESTIMONIES FOUNDED ON THE WORD HE SHOULD STICK TO THE SCRIPTURAL TESTIMONIES TO MOTIVATE THE FAITH OF PEOPLE...
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
chinemeomire:
a lie is a lie, but can only be justified when its done to save a life.

Going by your scriptures, lieing is a sin. So it can never be justified. Whether someone lies to save a life or not, that person has committed sin and is liable to suffer eternal torment in hell.....according to your bible.
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by dulux07(m): 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
No
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by bigiyaro(m): 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
my bible tells me dat d devil is d father of all liars n all liars shall have dia place in hell
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by adeom141(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2015
from observation most Pastor tend to lie one way or the other to their members....does it mean they are candidate of he..?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by hahn(m): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
Religion and the concept of "god" were all built on the foundation of lies and fairytales.

The pastor only needs to give you reasons why you should keep on paying him "tithe". I'd say it's a business strategy

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by whitecloth: 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
A devotional by Pastor E A Adeboye this week talk really about this, such pastor are not doing themselves good, there is nothing like white lie, yellow lie and so on.
lie is lie
And the devil is the father of all lier, it doesn't matter who said it, be it a prophet, Senior Apostle or Rev.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by OgundeleT(m): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
misssclassy:

Going by your scriptures, lieing is a sin. So it can never be justified. Whether someone lies to save a life or not, that person has committed sin and is liable to suffer eternal torment in hell.....according to your bible.
then that ur God must be wicked. At times u need to lie to save lives but if ur God now said he will throw u in fire for life then he must be wicked bcus I as a human being cant do that
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
OgundeleT:

then that ur God must be wicked. At times u need to lie to save lives but if ur God now said he will throw u in fire for life then he must be wicked bcus I as a human being cant do that

Hey, we are on the same page here.
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by OgundeleT(m): 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
misssclassy:

Hey, we are on the same page here.
Pardon my ignorant
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by ProfTeeUNILORIT: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
lying is totally sinful, expecially wen u brag of something that didnt happen just to express ur intent. parable as used in d bible, is an earthly story but av heavenly meaning. Jesus nvr said he did wht he nvr actually did. pls get this clear n beware of false pastors, anyone called of God wl be extra careful in his words which he speaks.
God bless u all
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by adeom141(m): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
niceluvsus:
IT'S WRONG, BECAUSE FAITH COMES BY HEARING THE WORD (TRUTH) NOT BY STORIES THAT ARE NOT EVEN RESULT OF THE WORD... UNTIL HE (THE PASTORS ) SEES A CONTEMPORARY TESTIMONIES FOUNDED ON THE WORD HE SHOULD STICK TO THE SCRIPTURAL TESTIMONIES TO MOTIVATE THE FAITH OF PEOPLE...
From what you are saying 85% men of God will make Hell
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
Everyone keep calm. We are all going to hell fire, Jesus inclusive, because we are all liars.
Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by hahn(m): 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
theAtheist101:
Everyone keep calm. We are all going to hell fire, Jesus inclusive, because we are all liars.

Ill come with sk. You can bring drinks grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone by PROPHETmichael: 7:04am On Aug 02, 2015
The bible says:
"let the weak say i am strong" Joel 3:10
"calleth those things which are not, as though they were." Romans 4:17

From human point of view, that's telling lies but from God's point of view, He said welldone.

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING- A Group Unveils A Bronze Staute In Detroit, Paying Tribute To Satan / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/06/16 / Atheism: A Sure Vaccine For Demonic Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.