Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Celebrating Nelson Mandela Day With World's Largest African T-Shirt (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Celebrating Nelson Mandela Day With World's Largest African T-Shirt (Photos) (822 Views)

Lady Wears T-shirt With "General Sani Abacha" Image / Fayose Wore T-shirt To Aso Villa As He Attends NEC Meeting In Buhari's Absence / Danbaba Suntai Celebrates Valentine's Day With Wife. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrating Nelson Mandela Day With World's Largest African T-Shirt (Photos) by nigerianngo: 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
The Nelson Mandela international day was launched by the UN General Assembly to recognize Nelson Mandela's birthday on the 18th of July .

As part of the activities to celebrate the 2015 Nelson Mandela day in Nigeria, the United Nations Information Center (UNIC) Lagos in collaboration with Femi Arts warehouse exhibited the world's largest African inspired T-Shirt 'Dansiki'. This T-Shirt was hand finished with some of the most inspiring quotes from Nelson Mandela.

Some of the quotes included on the 12 feet wide, 16 feet length 'dansiki' are:

'Do not Judge me by my Successes, Judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again'.
'Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world'.
'Live life as though nobody is watching and express yourself as though everyone is listening'.

-Nelson Mandela

Source:
http://lagos.sites.unicnetwork.org/2015/07/17/unic-lagos-partner-unveil-worlds-largest-african-shirt-on-mandela/

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Nelson Mandela Day With World's Largest African T-Shirt (Photos) by haywire1: 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
OK
Re: Celebrating Nelson Mandela Day With World's Largest African T-Shirt (Photos) by helpinghands(m): 10:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
Really big
Re: Celebrating Nelson Mandela Day With World's Largest African T-Shirt (Photos) by Princecalm(m): 10:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
He was really a big African Icon.
Re: Celebrating Nelson Mandela Day With World's Largest African T-Shirt (Photos) by datola: 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
I always wonder why our so called leaders do not value honors like these instead they steal money they cannot finish.

The new trend now is showing off their children graduation from UK universities. That is their own definition of public leadership.

Tribute to Mandiba!
Re: Celebrating Nelson Mandela Day With World's Largest African T-Shirt (Photos) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
cool

BTW listen to a beef track fired at airforce1 by popular political analyst turn musician, creekReporter ..

download here

www.datafilehost.com/d/eaca0976
Re: Celebrating Nelson Mandela Day With World's Largest African T-Shirt (Photos) by leke12(m): 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
This 1 na agbada no b T-shirt(op reframe it " to lagest agbada to celeb mandiba")!

(1) (Reply)

Insurgents Plan To Bomb My House, Osinbajo Cries Out / React To Waku : Pay Waku No Attention- Tinubu Media Office / OPINION: What's Really Going On Between Okonjo And Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.