Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,417 members, 7,853,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex- General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex- General (636 Views)

Buhari: Forces In APC, PDP Trying To Remove President – Northern Group / PDP Trying To Distabilise Buhari’s Government - Ex-general / PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex-general.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex- General by Yasirarafat: 7:31am On Jul 19, 2015
A retired military general, Brig.-Gen. Ayodele Ojo,
has accused the Peoples Democratic Party of trying
to cause instability in the country for President
Muhammadu Buhari-led government.
Ojo told our correspondent that the action of the
PDP senators to allow Ike Ekweremadu to emerge as
the Deputy Senate President in a chamber controlled
by the All Progressives Congress was aimed at
destabilising or ambushing the new administration.
Ojo said, “I think that is not the best way to play
the role of opposition. The opposition should be
credible and constructive. As for the distinguished
Senator Ekweremadu, he should have declined his
nomination on moral grounds. What new innovation
or added value is he bringing to that office?
To my mind, PDP should have allowed the new
government to successfully transit instead of
deliberately promoting instability or trying to
ambush it even before it takes off. My suggestion to
Ekweremadu is for him to resign as the Deputy
Senate President in the interest of peace and
stability of Nigeria. That to me is the path of
honour.”
Ojo, who was a director in the Defence
Headquarters, also criticised the National Assembly
for being the weakest link in the nation’s democracy.
He stated that Nigerian lawmakers need to exhibit
democratic traits as exhibited by the United States’
congress after which the Nigerian legislative system
was fashioned.
On the President’s delay in appointing ministers, the
retired general argued that a serious government
with a mission for change could not afford to
hastily form its cabinet.
According to him, the President must resist any
attempt to be stampeded by the PDP and other
opposition elements into appointing ministers.

source : www.punchng.com/news/pdp-trying-to-ambush-buharis-government-ex-general/

1 Like

Re: PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex- General by ELTON123(m): 7:33am On Jul 19, 2015
Re: PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex- General by sentaljohn(m): 7:36am On Jul 19, 2015
source!!

the man go just dey observe with scope.. he's playing a written script..he's just a pawn in a game of chess
Re: PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex- General by Yasirarafat: 7:38am On Jul 19, 2015
Re: PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex- General by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2015
Yes....... Its true! Oya SaTANIodS, come cry me a river
Re: PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex- General by izeeqpotter(m): 7:41am On Jul 19, 2015
Before nko? If you don't defend your championship, you'll lose it. "After victory, sharpen your sword before the party"
Re: PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex- General by eph12(m): 8:03am On Jul 19, 2015
But the APC are not even United sef so first of all they need to get their act right. By the way if not for ego or selfish reasons or trying to prove a useless point I don't see how the present set up is going to be a problem for this administration. The likes of Ekweremadu knows this is their one chance at restoring the dignity of PDP so I expect them to put in their best to right or the wrongs.
Re: PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex- General by donholy28(m): 8:17am On Jul 19, 2015
And buhari trying to take Gejs glory for himself and paint d former adminstration black
Re: PDP Trying To Ambush Buhari’s Government — Ex- General by IAMTHEHERO: 8:33am On Jul 19, 2015
This man is an idiot.How many votes did Ike Ekweremadu beat Senator Ali Ndume with? 54:20.How many PDP senators are in the national assembly? 49. The big question: Did APC senators vote for lke Ekwerrmadu or not?

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Is Capable Of Giving N200 Each To Everybody In Planet Earth. / APC replies Olisa Metuh, says PDP Cannot Provide Virile Opposition / The People I Want For Ministerial Positions — President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.