Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign (940 Views)

Senators Who Followed Saraki And Ekweremadu To Court Today (photos) / Igbo Groups Asks Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu To Step Down / APC Challenges Senator Ekweremadu To Enumerate What He Achieved For SE And SS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by anigbajumo(m): 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
Brigadier-General Ayodele Ojo (rtd) has accused the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of trying to cause instability in Nigeria for President Muhammadu Buhari-led government.
Speaking with The Punch, Ojo said that the PDP senators allowed Ike Ekweremadu to emerge as the deputy Senate president in a chamber controlled by the All Progressives Congress (APC) aiming to ambush the Buhari’s administration.
“I think that is not the best way to play the role of opposition. The opposition should be credible and constructive. As for the distinguished Senator Ekweremadu, he should have declined his nomination on moral grounds. What new innovation or added value is he bringing to that office?
“To my mind, the PDP should have allowed the new government to successfully transit instead of deliberately promoting instability or trying to ambush it even before it takes off. My suggestion to Ekweremadu is for him to resign as the deputy Senate president in the interest of peace and stability of Nigeria. That to me is the path of honour,” he said.
According to a retired military general, the National Assembly is the weakest link in the nation’s democracy. Therefore, he advised Nigerian lawmakers to show democratic traits as exhibited by the United States’ congress after which the Nigerian legislative system was fashioned.
Commenting on Buhari’s delay in appointing ministers, Ojo stressed that a serious government with a mission for change should not hastily form its cabinet. He also called on the president to resist the PDP and other opposition elements pressuring him to appoint ministers.
Some APC leaders are worried that the president’s  delay in constituting a cabinet may negatively affect the current administration.

http://www.naij.com/491569-ex-general-advises-ekweremadu-to-resign.html

1 Like

Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by ELTON123(m): 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
Ekweremadu is going no where

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
undecided
Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by Tallesty1(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
Onye ndumodu.
Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by kettykings: 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
Mumu coward general who ran from boko haram has found his voice.
Tufiakwa !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by eyeview: 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
Why didn't Tambuwal resign when he dumped PDP and joined APC?
Ekweremadu will resign but that'll be in 2019

2 Likes

Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by Kyase(m): 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2015
ELTON123:
Ekweremadu is going no where
hehehehe u are funny.
Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by kahara(m): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
Well,there is no cause for alarm here. It is only an advice .And when someone gives me an advice there r two tinz involved:its either i take it or i leave it. Ayodele or Ayo Udele tank u for ur advice. I am going to disappoint u by tellin u dat my oga Senator Ike Ekwerenmadu isnt taking ur advice. He steps no down! Gat it?

2 Likes

Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by modath(f): 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
He shouldn't, it will confer a bit of dignity-which he does not possess- on him, He & Saraki need to learn a few lessons first.
Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by Iykopee(m): 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
The foolish hoeruba man is talking about resignation. Make thunder blast the goat there.

1 Like

Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by merry02(m): 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
These re the same set of ppl that destroy Nigeria till this stage since independence..y can't these ppl give us our total freedom?we re tired of all these ex military personnel in this country..gowon,abdusalam re ther now,y re they nt causing prb like OBJ nd likes?am expecting them to be a responsible statesheadman nt destroyer!I think in every conflicts,there should be resolution nt to scatter the issue!may God save us in this country!
Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by anigbajumo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
Iykopee:
The foolish hoeruba man is talking about resignation. Make thunder blast the goat there.

I fink iz only advice....

Take it easy
Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
BREAKINGNEWS:

lwtmb airforce.1 has been dissed by a crazy rapper in this new beef track... rush now, download and listen.

here

www.datafilehost.com/d/eaca0976
Re: Ex-general Advises Ekweremadu To Resign by anigbajumo(m): 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
[quote author=CreekReporter post=36041407][/quote]
hope ah no dy waste my MB

(1) (Reply)

Us Fbi Reveals 16 Richest Politicians In Africa And Their Worth In Usa. / Asaba Development Agency Devoid Of Ethnic Colouration / It Is Cold Being In The Opposition - Metuh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.