Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? (2105 Views)

Its 9AM And The Moon Is Still Visible! / TO ALL MODERATORS (why Are Normal Topics Removed?) / 15 Visible Signs To Know That Your Friends Are Not Actually Your Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? by nduchucks: 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2015
I noticed that when a post is deleted, one can no longer see the post. On the other hand, when a topic has been removed or hidden, its contents are still visible.

If you search for any of the posters on the thread, among the listed posts would be the ones from hidden or removed threads as well.

I wonder whether hiding every post in the deleted thread would do the trick - I leave the solution to Seun and his technical crew (i.e. if they think it is worth fixing.
Re: Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? by funstufz: 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
Hmmm, i had wanted to open a thread on this same topic op.
I don't seem to understand the reason why a thread with 'hidden or removed' contents are still open for Nairalanders to click the topics on to be welcomed with: The topic is removed or hidden.
The people in charge should please do something about this.
Thanks
Re: Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? by Seun(m): 3:08pm On Jul 19, 2015
That should definitely not be happening. Can you show me an example of such a thread?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? by nduchucks: 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2015
Seun:
That should definitely not be happening. Can you show me an example of such a thread?

If you search for nduchucks, using NL's search engine, the results will include what you see in the graphic below. Note that the thread, Re: The Biafra, Nigeria Question And Solution has been removed but my posts therein are visible in the search results. Hope this helps.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2646781_result_jpeg5e6e1cd254752138499f2dbede79fed1
Re: Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? by Beremx(f): 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
I noticed that too. There's a particular thread that was hidden and i still have likes coming from the thread.
Re: Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? by Seun(m): 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
hmmm ... looking into it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? by Seun(m): 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
Fixed. Pls check again and let me know if you're still observing any errors.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? by bigproff(m): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Seun:
Fixed. Pls check again and let me know if you're still observing any errors.
Plz Seun, I will like to know what wrong with the content of some of my replies that makes it hidden?
Re: Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? by rapheal2k9: 11:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
Seun:

Hello Seun,
I created a post titled "Learn how to be a Day Trader or Swing Trader" and found out it was removed shortly after. I observed all the rules for posting a topic and don't understand why it was removed. Please can you look into this. There is no contact information on nairaland to email for issues relating to removed posts.

Thanks,
Rapheal

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Contents Of Threads/Topics Removed Or Hidden Still Visible? by TimmyPapa(m): 11:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Hello Mr Seun.. pls I would like to knw the reason behind removed thread... a thread that was posted for more than 15 hours and later removed?
Pls I need an answer.. was it one of the replies or the whole content... the thread is.. 9 funny pictures taken at the right time"

(1) (Reply)

Make 50% Commission By Getting People To Buy Electrical Materials From Wilotek / Facebook / US Teenager Faces 2 Years In Jail For Giving Jesus Mouth Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.