Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

#BBOG Determined To Ruin Our Career-olukolade - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #BBOG Determined To Ruin Our Career-olukolade (520 Views)

8 Things That Could Ruin Or Frustrate Your Christmas Celebration / 9 Little Things That Ruin Our Mood Every Damn Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#BBOG Determined To Ruin Our Career-olukolade by Leward(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
tThe Director, Defence Information, Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade, has said itis the belief in military circles that the Bring-Back-Our-Girls campaigners have concluded plans to destroy the careers and reputationof a select group of military officers in the country. Olukolade said specifically that the organisation, campaigning for the release of the over 200 girls abducted by the members of the Boko Haram sect in April 2014, has picked him and others as targets for such destructive intentions.The defence spokesman’s comments were contained in a letter he wrote to the Coordinator of the#BBOG and former Minister of Education, Mrs. Orby Ezekwesili, which was released as an attachment to a PR Nigeria Electronic mailon Sunday. The letter, which was released without a date, was copied Mrs. Hadiza Bala Usman,Mrs. Bukky Sonibare and the President of the Nigeria Union of Journalists.The Defence spokesman also alleged that some “charlatans”, who are among the#BBOG campaigners, were out to tarnish the image of the military because of envy. He said a prominent member of the group had been involved in a hate campaign against him and the military and was indeed using the platform of the campaign to pursue his plans. He said, “Indeed, I am also conscious of the enormous power you wield. The belief is that your organisation has the determination to ruin the name, career, and reputation of some targeted military officers among whom I have been specifically marked for such cruel treatment.“I can only leave such matter to God and the good judgment of the peoplewho read or hear you. I am so sure I will enjoy the blessing of being vindicated at last.”Olukolade also faulted the group’s accusation that the military had not followed best practices in the operation, and the tendency to compare the NigerianArmy with other armies, as unfair as unfair. He stressed that it was not possible for two military operations to be conducted the same way as the operations must reflect field realities. He added that the claim by members of the #BBOG that the military operation in the North-East lacked transparency was either not being made in good faith or theyare not well informed.The Defence spokesman said the military had ensured nobody was restrained from accessing the operational area except those involved in “undue interference withsafety and operational environment”. He submitted that the claim of the BBOG campaigners that military was engaged in deception was untrue and meant to discredit the security forces.Olukolade debunk the assertion of the group that the military had credibility issues, describing it as theopinion of those behind a hate campaign against theArmed Forces and not the prevailing opinion of Nigerians.

https://globestand./2015/07/19/bbog-determined-to-tarnish-our-image-olukolade/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4079817919
Re: #BBOG Determined To Ruin Our Career-olukolade by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
undecided
OLUKOLADE IGBO E TI KPOJU....

KILODE
Re: #BBOG Determined To Ruin Our Career-olukolade by deji47: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
I guess he is knows reshufflement is eminent in the army due to the appointment of the new service chiefs. So General Olukolade rubs "oil" on his body 'cos he knows he will soon be roasted.
I don't see how they can tarnish your image o. Except of course you give us fake news which only means that you are the one tarnishing your image. The BBOG will just help in putting finishing touches....lol

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your Account Verified On Twitter / Only 90's Kids Can Remember This / STOP !!!!! Selfie Is Dangerous To Your Well Being

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.