Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:56 AM

Sallah Day Tragedy: Wicked Mother Abandons Her Baby And Absconds - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sallah Day Tragedy: Wicked Mother Abandons Her Baby And Absconds (466 Views)

Driver Absconds With Brown Acura Day After Resuming Work At Park View (pic) / Crown Polytechnic Student Abandons Her Baby Hours After Giving Birth In Hospital / Taxi Driver Absconds With Passenger’s N1.8m In Abuja, Arrested - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sallah Day Tragedy: Wicked Mother Abandons Her Baby And Absconds by AbuadStudent(m): 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2015
According to Naij.com guest author Sultan Abiodun from Abeokuta, a wicked woman was said to have dropped her baby of less than a year old with another teenage girl and ran away, probably because the baby is a disabled girl.

The young girl has understood later that the woman who gave her the baby had bolted away.

Our correspondent gathered from an eyewitness that the incident, which happened at Sango Ota area in Ados odo/Ota local government area of the state, had since been reported to the police at Sango.

READ ALSO: Teenager Abandons Her Baby, Commits Suicide

The eywitness said: “The incident occurred around 10:00 am on Friday when Muslim faithfuls are going to the mosque for the prayer.

“The woman,whose identity could not be ascertained got to Ositelu street, Abebi area,Sango Ota and drop her baby who is not more than a year for another young girl of about 10 years to help her be looking at her that she want to buy drinks at the other side of the road.

“She said the woman told her to hold her child for her that she wanted to go and order for soft drinks at the depot and she will be back soon, but its quite unfortunate after some hours that the woman was expected to come back for the child and she was found wanted.”

Speaking on phone with our correspondent, the young girl confirmed the incident and expressed regret over her action.

“I was just sitting down in from of our house, the woman came and told me that my child, please hold my baby for me, I want to go and buy mineral, I will be back soon. When my mummy saw the baby in my hand, she asked me whose baby is that, and I told her that a woman drop her child that she wanted to go and buy mineral.

“I played throughout with the child, but when it was evening time that the woman did not come back, my mummy and our relatives in the house started shouting ‘ta lo lomo’ who owns this child, before somebody told us to take the child to Baale’s house. The Baale gave us a letter to take the child to the police station which we later did”, the little girl explained.

Our correspondent reliably learnt that the baby wad taken to the Baale’s house by the woman, taken along her daughter,who was given the baby by the eloped mother and some other relatives.

READ ALSO: Why Nigerian Mothers Abandon Their Babies: 6 Heartbreaking Stories

The Baale’s house was besieged by the residents of the area and neighbouring areas to catch a glimpse of the baby girl.

The Baale, Alhaji Yahya Lamidi Ajibose after listening to how the incident occurred directed that the baby should be taken to the nearest police station.

The people got to the police station around 8:00 pm, according to one of the residents,who does not want his name in print.

When contacted, the DPO of the area denied to comment on the matter, directing us to the state police spokesman.

“You can call DSP Olumuyiwa for further information sir. My phone battery got drained yesterday and uptill now, I have not seen a place to charge my phone”, he said.

details here

http://naijafire.com/index.php/2015/07/18/sallah-day-tragedy-wicked-mother-abandons-her-baby-and-absconds/

Re: Sallah Day Tragedy: Wicked Mother Abandons Her Baby And Absconds by helpinghands(m): 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
W
Re: Sallah Day Tragedy: Wicked Mother Abandons Her Baby And Absconds by delishpot: 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
See excuse.
Re: Sallah Day Tragedy: Wicked Mother Abandons Her Baby And Absconds by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
undecided
Re: Sallah Day Tragedy: Wicked Mother Abandons Her Baby And Absconds by DuchessLily(f): 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2015
Na waoo. Mother!

(1) (Reply)

For Stealing Sugarcane, Read What Was Done To Man In Abuja / SO SHAMEFUL: A Nigerian Man Jailed For Raped Woman After Stealing Her Phones / Before The Government Talks With Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.