Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him (17510 Views)

Apostle Suleman To Pray With Donald Trump And Mayor Of Washington. / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria / Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin, Frank Edwards Arrive Lagos For "The Experience" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by CHARLYX9: 6:57am On Jul 20, 2015
Few years Ago frank edwards use to be this vibrant gospel singer that i used to know cause his songs brings back a lot of memory to your mind in other to remember that there is a God in heaven who answers prayers of those who diligently seek him and i was at peace with all his songs i neva found fault in any of them but recently the guy is turning up another different image.Starting from one of don meon's favourite frank edwards' songs titled "OKAKA" as he said on this youtube video which you can check out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlhwfWHlk5I
which sounded secular not christian kind at a point i asked myself whats the difference between this song and psquare's song titled "BUNIE YA ENU"
see the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_zjss2nlY
cause this two songs songs sounds alike in terms of making it look like some christian kind music which is not because this kind of song shouldn't be performed in the church but i do see frank edwards go to peoples' church to perform this and they entertain it if thats the case why can't churches call psquare to perform theirs too as they did for korede bello.okay well said so waited for his latest release again cause i thought that song to be a mistake.But here you have him with his new song "SELFIE" and "OVERTAKE FT JOE PRAIZE" which is too secular even the pictures tells it all cause i can't differentiate the chainsmokers song titled "SELFIE"
LINK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdemFfbS5H0
with Frank edwards song titled "SELFIE" even the photocover seems the same.check out his release:

http://praiseworldradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Frank-Edwards-Selfie-ft-Gil-Nkay.mp3

Again his song with Joe praize titled "OVERTAKE" is out of it and the photocover looks more like an olamide and wizkid live concert kind even when you listen careful you notice frank edwards rapping in igbo like seriously i thought it to be phyno if not that the song had a title(02:06 to 02:22) as a matter of fact he sounded better than phyno and you can also download it from here:
http://www.praiseworldradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Frank-Edwards-Overtake-ft-Joe-Praize.mp3

WHAT I WANNA KNOW IS IT THAT FRANK EDWARDS IS LOOSING IT?CAUSE THIS THE SAME ARTIST THAT USE TO CRITICIZE OTHER GOSPEL ARTISTE OF SINGING SECULAR MUSIC BECAUSE THEY THINK THERE IS NO MONEY IN GOSPEL MUSIC IN EACH AND EVERY CONCERTS HE GOES TO THAT WHAT HE KEEPS ON TELLING PEOPLE TO TAKE HIM FOR AN EXAMPLE THAT HE SINGS GOSPEL MUSIC AND GOD STILL BLESSES HIM SO WHY SHOULD GOSPEL ARTISTE INDULGE IN SECULAR MUSICS.WHAT I LATER CAME TO CONCLUDE IS THAT NO ONE IS PERFECT HIS HE NOT THE ONE SINGING SECULAR MUSIC NOW.NLANDERS WHAT YOUR TAKE ON THIS?

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by izuch(m): 7:00am On Jul 20, 2015
The guy wan hammer like p square grin
Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by kinglekan: 7:03am On Jul 20, 2015
OP what makes a song secular? The way it sounds or the lyrics.

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by Harryzon(m): 7:05am On Jul 20, 2015
Leave the guy jare, do you think it's easy? If u dont like the songs he is releasing now wait 4 d next...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by CHARLYX9: 7:05am On Jul 20, 2015
kinglekan:

the way it sounds,the title(at times),the lyrics.i thinks you need to give his song a listening ear in order to confirm what i said
Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by shaiba(f): 7:13am On Jul 20, 2015
Ear dey pain u. Listen again. Write your own then sing. Shebi u wan pray, Abeg start even sef fast join am.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by papadjaji: 7:18am On Jul 20, 2015
Hey, I avoid videos when it comes to my favourite songs.
Ok. 2nd base. A CE (sweet) woman introduced FE's songs to me and since then, I have been a die hard fan. Well, I do not think it's true (in actual fact, it is senseless and baseless what just said). Just let d guy be abeg.
Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by kodded(m): 7:19am On Jul 20, 2015
CHARLYX9:
the way it sounds,the title(at times),the lyrics.i thinks you need to give his song a listening ear in order to confirm what i said
holier than thou i hail thee

i wonder which type of song is secular undecided ?

You guys take christianity as a religion and not as a way of life

shea you want him to wear big fela trouser and very big rumple shirt and start singing ''akanchawa'' type of song

2 Likes

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by kinglekan: 7:20am On Jul 20, 2015
CHARLYX9:

I have listened to Okaka and the lyrics are not secular. Its upbeat and funky but definitely not secular.

I don't think the way it sounds has anything to do with being secular. Like you pinpointed, its Don moen's fav. You definitely can't tell me he just loves the song without fully understanding the message it portrays.

I haven't heard SELFIE but I doubt its secular either.

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by marshalcarter: 7:20am On Jul 20, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by CHARLYX9: 7:20am On Jul 20, 2015
shaiba:
Ear dey pain u. Listen again. Write your own then sing. Shebi u wan pray, Abeg start even sef fast join am.
get me what i mean is that you can't play such kind of song in the church neither can you use as praise and worship you wouldn't feel the presence of the holyspirit compared to his hit songs like:mma mma,ogeneh do,i see him,omemma eh e.t.c even donnie mcclurkin and don meon endorsed this at experience 2014 and 2013.he even said that after donnie mcclurkin heard oghene do by frank edwards he started ending his songs with the word "oghene do"

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by laplace12(m): 7:21am On Jul 20, 2015
I just listened to the selfie song, there is nothing wrong with it.

The lyrics said 'God has made a way, I'm gonna take a selfie'

More like..God has done it, lets have fun.
Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by CHARLYX9: 7:30am On Jul 20, 2015
kinglekan:

I have listened to Okaka and the lyrics are not secular. Its upbeat and funky but definitely not secular.

I don't think the way it sounds has anything to do with being secular. Like you pinpointed, its Don moen's fav. You definitely can't tell me he just loves the song without fully understanding the message it portrays.

I haven't heard SELFIE but I doubt its secular either.

does don meon speak igbo what he tells people that it talks about how great God his fine it does but there is no difference between the beat of the song and the likes of davido,wizkid kind of beat and low and behold have heard that son being played in parties cause people thought it to be what it isn't by the beat and you can also download the "selfie" song above me
Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by CHARLYX9: 7:35am On Jul 20, 2015
CHECK OUT THIS GUY UNDER HIS RECORD LABEL WHO GOES BY THE NAME GIL JOE AND SEE WHAT AM POINTING FROM THE PHOTOCOVER TO THE TITLE OF THE SONG:"CHRISTIAN BALLER" WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD THE WORD BALLER I THINK ITS CHIDINMA FT WIZKID FT SUSPECT-EMI NI BALLER

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by crispberry(f): 7:37am On Jul 20, 2015
Wetin be my own.
Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by kinglekan: 7:47am On Jul 20, 2015
CHARLYX9:
does don meon speak igbo what he tells people that it talks about how great God his fine it does but there is no difference between the beat of the song and the likes of davido,wizkid kind of beat and low and behold have heard that son being played in parties cause people thought it to be what it isn't by the beat and you can also download the "selfie" song above me

Now if this is your point, you are very funny dude.

So the fact that a song is played in the club makes it secular? Or the fact that the beat sounds like your contemporary upbeat 9ja songs makes it secular?

Following your simple analogy, if I decide to seat on a table rather than use the chair, does that make the table a chair?

Have you ever heard something called music genre? Do you even know what kinda genre FE is into?

Would you consider Rock, Jazz, Fuji, Christian songs as secular?

Emancipate yourself from religion bruv.

Religion ain't Christianity!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by CHARLYX9: 7:53am On Jul 20, 2015
kinglekan:

Now if this is your point, you are very funny dude.

So the fact that a song is played in the club makes it secular? Or the fact that the beat sounds like your contemporary upbeat 9ja songs makes it secular?

Following your simple analogy, if I decide to seat on a table rather than use the chair, does that make the table a chair?

Have you ever heard something called music genre? Do you even know what kinda genre FE is into?

Would you consider Rock, Jazz, Fuji, Christian songs as secular?

Emancipate yourself from religion bruv.

Religion ain't Christianity!!!

Then if thats the case i think you also get this analogy right into your head the world is divided into two parts good and evil so its either something is good or evil and its either a music is secular or Gospel in nature and its either you serve God or Devil

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 20, 2015
Damn...all this kinda people again,so just because the guy switched his styles,he z losing it? Did u even listen to the lyrics of the 2 songs u re emphasising? Baba,listen to more Christian raps,and tell me if they re going out of their way too...all u people want is cool kinda Christian songs ba? Keep it up....btw,try singing too

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by kinglekan: 8:00am On Jul 20, 2015
CHARLYX9:
CHECK OUT THIS GUY UNDER HIS RECORD LABEL WHO GOES BY THE NAME GIL JOE AND SEE WHAT AM POINTING FROM THE PHOTOCOVER TO THE TITLE OF THE SONG:"CHRISTIAN BALLER" WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD THE WORD BALLER I THINK ITS CHIDINMA FT WIZKID FT SUSPECT-EMI NI BALLER

So what?? Jeeezzzz!!!

Come off it lad, since when did BALLER become something strictly attributed to secular music??

Just use your dictionary or use GOOGLE and check the word up.

Last time I checked, one of the meanings is "Extremely Good and Impressive".

So quit making a mountain out of nothing.

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by kinglekan: 8:09am On Jul 20, 2015
CHARLYX9:
[s] Then if thats the case i think you also get this analogy right into your head the world is divided into two parts good and evil so its either something is good or evil and its either a music is secular or Gospel in nature and its either you serve God or Devil [/s]

You don't have a point dude. You are neither God nor the S.I unit for Good and Evil.

So save your opinion for someone who cares.

Ciao!! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 20, 2015
While frank is busy making money, someone is busy crying here and even begging for more cry babies.

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by Kyase(m): 11:48am On Jul 20, 2015
I never pray for myself finish.
Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2015
hiz business not mine..
Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by lampardizik(m): 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
kodded:
holier than thou i hail thee

grin
Una no go kill pesin for NL

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by debada(f): 12:13am On Jul 27, 2015
@ OP..... Like someone said above, there is such a thing called Genre.
I wonder what you will do if you hear Christian Rock songs/ badas.s metallica. Will you then say it is song from devil's congregation like some have said?

Not all christian songs have to be sorrowful. Put a little beat into it. Many people love such songs.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by CHARLYX9: 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
debada:
@ OP..... Like someone said above, there is such a thing called Genre.
I wonder what you will do if you hear Christian Rock songs/ badas.s metallica. Will you then say it is song from devil's congregation like some have said?

Not all christian songs have to be sorrowful. Put a little beat into it. Many people love such songs.
what is christian rock nothing like such exist rock n roll is rock n roll froget that name tagged with it this is a way the devil infiltrate the christian world to deceive people that this is music can you sing that in church today neither can you call those possessed entity(metallic band) to perform in the chuch if you are sane.God is of a calm spirit whats all this lousiness with metallic bant.then back to frank edwards what i am just noticed is not that people you mix with at times can some times influence you to shock you do you even know that frank edwards has a song with M.i on M.i last year album check it so when he keeps mixing with this kind of people what kind of song do you expect him to be churning out the congregation when ask to come and perform for example his recent single/collabo(selfie/overtake) is off it if he tries to perform that in the church.just take your time and listen to that overtake ft joe praiz i almost mistaked him for phyno cuz he sounded like that secular artist(phyno) which you might even mistake for party mix and try get am not trying to say that he should always sound sorrowful not all christian music sounds srrowful but some you can still feel mthe presence of God.e.g Lara george-Dansaki,infinity-only grace,god dey-forgotten the artist but he just amazed me with a new single titled "ONYE" and "WHERE THE STORY BEGAN FT ROCKTOWN ALL STARS"(http://notjustok.com/2015/07/22/frank-edwards-ft-mr-noble-nkay-gil-pastor-saki-where-the-story-began/
http://notjustok.com/2015/07/23/video-frank-edwards-onye-the-story/)

so i later came to conclude maybe its a trait even in pastors today you see them say this today then come tomorrow you see them saying another thing.my 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by misreal(m): 8:13am On Jul 28, 2015
kinglekan:

the way it sounds,the lyrics and most importantly,the spirit behind it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by Nature129(m): 5:19am On Aug 09, 2015
OP, if you have been attending Frank Edwards' shows, you'll notice that he often makes it clear that he wants to be a tool winning "the souls of youths" for Christ. This means he wants to convince the youths that they can do a lot of fun things "in Christ." Like dance and sing in a crazy manner for Jesus.

If you worship in pentecostal churches like Winners and Christ Embassy, you'll understand that their pattern of worship is quite different from that of Roman Catholic Church and Anglican Church. In the former, you see a situation where people dance their lives out in praise which will seem odd and unacceptable to someone from the latter. Remember that Frank Edwards is a product of Christ Embassy where worshippers even turn churches to disco hall - dancing and singing for Jesus.

Speaking of rap, there are lots of Christian rap music and funky Christian rock bands in America. Yes, I guess we are not used to it yet in Africa that's why it appears weird to many people. I also feel Frank shouldn't take this pattern of music too far so that people don't feel he's derailed.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by Swaggzkid: 5:44am On Aug 09, 2015
Op start noow
Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by Jeafi: 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
You people shud com off it. music was started by Gods people and people of the world copied them. nw u are sayin we shud stop music because of em. im speakin common english in my song infact tagged from d bible 'RISE' and som1 says im copyin rihanna and niki minaj. then maby i shud just stop singin. som1 uses common englis baller u say he is copyin chidima. why dont you stop the critics and listen to d mesage of d song. and u say okaka is secular why? because of d beat? lolol. then maby we shud stop singin praises in church. you are d one loosing it not frank. pray for yourself first. if u dont know u hav put ur self in the place of d devil who is always lookin for fault in Gods children. better repent
Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by asalimpo(m): 4:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
Op, I think you may be on point. Sometimes when we sense things going wrong,our intuition warn us but we ignore leaning instead to reasoning.
If you feel that he's slipping pray for him. Even if he isnt,he still needs your prayers.

1 Like

Re: Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him by Dsaintprodigy(m): 6:20pm On May 05, 2016
Overtake bad? Okaka bad?. Hell both songs are sang during praise and worship in ma church

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 2 Year Old Daughter Got Raped While My Dad Was Home. -HARDMIRROR / Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico / Lagos Prostitutes: We Pay Tithes And Offerings To Enhance Our Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.