Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,511 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief (1113 Views)

Amaechi Knelt To Beg For Wike - Uchendu / Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate / We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by Franchise21(m): 8:04am On Jul 20, 2015
Nigeria’s new Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, on Sunday said under his command, Boko Haram would either beg for peace or face the wrath of highly motivated and combat ready soldiers. 
The Borno State-born Major General, who took over command of the nation’s army last week, said he was ready to lead soldiers to the dens and enclaves of the insurgents.
He, therefore, re-christened the operational code of the counter insurgency efforts from “Operation Zaman Lafiya” to “Operation Zaman Lafiya Dole” – which in Hausa means ‘the quest for peace becomes a must’. 
Mr. Buratai, who was in neighbouring Yobe State to celebrate the Islamic eid-el-fitri festival with Nigerian troops, moved to Borno on Sunday afternoon.  He arrived Maiduguri by road and was received by the Borno State Deputy Governor, Zannah Mustapha, who immediately accompanied the army boss to visit the 103 Battalion of the 7 Division, Maiduguri in Konduga Town where they met the troops and hailed their courage and gallantry.
In his address, the army chief called for general collaboration amongst the troops and other security agencies as well as the general public in curtailing activities of the Boko Haram.  
He stressed that without the synergy of intelligence amongst all security forces, it would be difficult to defeat Boko Haram whose insurgency has caused the death of over 15,000 people since 2009.
“The ongoing activities of Boko Haram is assuming an alarming dimensions in Borno state and other parts of the north east,” he said. “We will not tolerate the killing of citizens and destruction of property; in as much as we urge you (troops) to adhere strictly to human rights abuses, the time to crush Hoko Haram and other criminal activities in this country is now or never.”
Mr. Buratai  further told the soldiers that “as Chief of Army Staff, I will be actively involved in this ‘Operation Zaman Lafiya Dole’ to end the madness of Boko Haram if I will have your collective maximum support and cooperation.
“My doors will always remain open to all of you for constructive criticism and advice towards restoration of peace in this part of the country.
“Therefore, we are here to identify with you and to officially inform you that as from today henceforth, we have changed our Operational Code from ‘Operation Zaman Lafiya’ to ‘Operation Zaman Lafiya Dole’.
Earlier in his address, the Deputy Governor thanked the Army Chief and the General Officers Commanding 7 and 3 Divisions for “taking their time to visit the state to see the gallant troops”. 
He promised that “the state government will continue to support the military and other security agencies in the fight against Boko Haram that have sacked almost 22 local government areas of the state with thousands of people mostly villagers killed and millions displaced”. 
Mr. Buratai later  paid a courtesy visit to the of the Shehu of Borno, Abubakar Elkanemi, where he informed the monarch about his new mission for the state. ‎
“We will reinforce the security. The government is not happy about the insecurity in the northeast. It is our desire to have a responsible and professional army that is responsive in the discharge of its duty.
“We will need the support of the royal father and the people of Borno so that we will ensure peace returns here.
“Since Boko Haram terrorists have refused peace (Zaman Lafiya), we will now force them to accept peace,” he said.
“The peace that permeated Borno and transcended Lake Chad will soon return. My wish was to clear Konduga of Boko Haram vestige so that people can return home to rebuild their houses,” the army chief added.
In his response, the Shehu of Borno said, “Boko Haram was not initiated by Borno people but those who came to live from neighbouring states.
“Most of the people of Borno are either farmers or traders, very accommodating and receptive.”
He noted that “the challenges of managing the IDPs was enormous and nothing could be better than ending the security situation.” 
He pledged to support the military in the discharge of its duties.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186947-we-will-make-boko-haram-beg-for-peace-nigerias-army-chief.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by Harryzon(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2015
I hope so.. Thousands of lives have been wasted already nd it's tym to change the rythm. Give me acid bath nd send them to hell
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by ELTON123(m): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2015
Story 4 the gods

Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by Style007(m): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2015
Ll
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 20, 2015
mouth action -bl,ow j,ob
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:09am On Jul 20, 2015
No, Beg for Amnesty.
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by kingarizona1(m): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2015
BEG??
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by benedictnsi(m): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2015
ELTON123:

Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha

See your life, you wanted FTC buh am sorry.... HARRYZON has a faster network grin
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by ELTON123(m): 8:11am On Jul 20, 2015
benedictnsi:

Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha

See your life, you wanted FTC buh am sorry.... HARRYZON has a faster network grin
chaii that tin pain me
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by boboLIL(m): 8:12am On Jul 20, 2015
Haha see boasting 0o......

Boast of the year
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by benedictnsi(m): 8:15am On Jul 20, 2015
ELTON123:
chaii that tin pain me

Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha no b only you oo e d do me steady..... Buh which network you d use sef
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by Cyberthreat: 8:18am On Jul 20, 2015
Franchise21:
Nigeria’s new Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, on Sunday said under his command, Boko Haram would either beg for peace or face the wrath of highly motivated and combat ready soldiers.
The Borno State-born Major General, who took over command of the nation’s army last week, said he was ready to lead soldiers to the dens and enclaves of the insurgents.
He, therefore, re-christened the operational code of the counter insurgency efforts from “Operation Zaman Lafiya” to “Operation Zaman Lafiya Dole” – which in Hausa means ‘the quest for peace becomes a must’.
Mr. Buratai, who was in neighbouring Yobe State to celebrate the Islamic eid-el-fitri festival with Nigerian troops, moved to Borno on Sunday afternoon. He arrived Maiduguri by road and was received by the Borno State Deputy Governor, Zannah Mustapha, who immediately accompanied the army boss to visit the 103 Battalion of the 7 Division, Maiduguri in Konduga Town where they met the troops and hailed their courage and gallantry.
In his address, the army chief called for general collaboration amongst the troops and other security agencies as well as the general public in curtailing activities of the Boko Haram.
He stressed that without the synergy of intelligence amongst all security forces, it would be difficult to defeat Boko Haram whose insurgency has caused the death of over 15,000 people since 2009.
“The ongoing activities of Boko Haram is assuming an alarming dimensions in Borno state and other parts of the north east,” he said. “We will not tolerate the killing of citizens and destruction of property; in as much as we urge you (troops) to adhere strictly to human rights abuses, the time to crush Hoko Haram and other criminal activities in this country is now or never.”
Mr. Buratai further told the soldiers that “as Chief of Army Staff, I will be actively involved in this ‘Operation Zaman Lafiya Dole’ to end the madness of Boko Haram if I will have your collective maximum support and cooperation.
“My doors will always remain open to all of you for constructive criticism and advice towards restoration of peace in this part of the country.
“Therefore, we are here to identify with you and to officially inform you that as from today henceforth, we have changed our Operational Code from ‘Operation Zaman Lafiya’ to ‘Operation Zaman Lafiya Dole’.
Earlier in his address, the Deputy Governor thanked the Army Chief and the General Officers Commanding 7 and 3 Divisions for “taking their time to visit the state to see the gallant troops”.
He promised that “the state government will continue to support the military and other security agencies in the fight against Boko Haram that have sacked almost 22 local government areas of the state with thousands of people mostly villagers killed and millions displaced”.
Mr. Buratai later paid a courtesy visit to the of the Shehu of Borno, Abubakar Elkanemi, where he informed the monarch about his new mission for the state. ‎
“We will reinforce the security. The government is not happy about the insecurity in the northeast. It is our desire to have a responsible and professional army that is responsive in the discharge of its duty.
“We will need the support of the royal father and the people of Borno so that we will ensure peace returns here.
“Since Boko Haram terrorists have refused peace (Zaman Lafiya), we will now force them to accept peace,” he said.
“The peace that permeated Borno and transcended Lake Chad will soon return. My wish was to clear Konduga of Boko Haram vestige so that people can return home to rebuild their houses,” the army chief added.
In his response, the Shehu of Borno said, “Boko Haram was not initiated by Borno people but those who came to live from neighbouring states.
“Most of the people of Borno are either farmers or traders, very accommodating and receptive.”
He noted that “the challenges of managing the IDPs was enormous and nothing could be better than ending the security situation.”
He pledged to support the military in the discharge of its duties.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186947-we-will-make-boko-haram-beg-for-peace-nigerias-army-chief.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

mouthy
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by temitemi1(m): 8:19am On Jul 20, 2015
Enough of all these endless talk!!
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by Abugab(m): 8:19am On Jul 20, 2015
You go fear talking tough na.
Make it happen and we shall know Lafia dole.
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by ELTON123(m): 8:20am On Jul 20, 2015
benedictnsi:

Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha no b only you oo e d do me steady..... Buh which network you d use sef
na this mumu glo
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2015
grin
grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin
grin
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by Harryzon(m): 8:39am On Jul 20, 2015
ELTON123:
chaii that tin pain me
hahaha, see something. I nor fit laugh
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by gboso1ne(m): 8:41am On Jul 20, 2015
initial gragra
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by phlemzy: 8:41am On Jul 20, 2015
Mr service chief, threat doesn't work in this office. Your predecessors made more threats than this. Action is what we need see. What can you offer us?
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by favouredseed(f): 8:43am On Jul 20, 2015
Did you say beg? Oga we dey wait oh!!!
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by hinwazaka: 8:49am On Jul 20, 2015
Gen Burutai is probably not up to speed with the recent developments. The Boko Haram have changed their tactics and are now into guerilla tactics. There is absolutely no way he will defeat the Boko Haram. It seems in Nigeria we love stereotypes, we fail to notice when the game has changed. The almighty US army could never stop the spate of suicide bombings during their occupation of Iraq. With all their resources they had to slowly withdraw with their tails between their legs. Even back in the 60's/70's Vietnam war, they thought they had the upper hand till the day of the TET offensive when the American citizens watched in horror on TV the decimation of their almighty roman army. Check all of history, very rarely will you find a conventional army defeating a guerilla force. Boko Haram is here to stay and the sooner we get that into our hard skulls the better for us. With the tactics put up by the Gen, it is obvious that in 14 to 18 months he will be forced to chew His words.
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by McBrooklyn(m): 8:52am On Jul 20, 2015
I pray oooo angry

They must all receive lashes from the family of the deceased and even if possible the dead can show up sef grin

#MotherFuckers angry
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by omenka(m): 8:52am On Jul 20, 2015
hinwazaka:
Gen Burutai is probably not up to speed with the recent developments. The Boko Haram have changed their tactics and are now into guerilla tactics. There is absolutely no way he will defeat the Boko Haram. It seems in Nigeria we love stereotypes, we fail to notice when the game has changed. The almighty US army could never stop the spate of suicide bombings during their occupation of Iraq. With all their resources they had to slowly withdraw with their tails between their legs. Even back in the 60's/70's Vietnam war, they thought they had the upper hand till the day of the TET offensive when the American citizens watched in horror on TV the decimation of their almighty roman army. Check all of history, very rarely will you find a conventional army defeating a guerilla force. Boko Haram is here to stay and the sooner we get that into our hard skulls the better for us. With the tactics put up by the Gen, it is obvious that in 14 to 18 months he will be forced to chew His words.
What kind of trash talk is this?? Are you one of them?? I pray they stay with only you and your family.
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by otukpo(f): 8:53am On Jul 20, 2015
That will be good and you people should do it fast.
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 20, 2015
Action not Rhetoric... I wish the army well
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 20, 2015
Normal Usual Talk Soon dem go sack you
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by pointstores(m): 9:00am On Jul 20, 2015
Nawa for nigeria action speaks louder than words abeg go into action na una say u don kill all boko haram some months ago
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by ChelseaDr(m): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2015
Talk is CHEAP! .....ACTION, our elders say, speaks LOUDER than VOICE
Mr Service chief, we want to SEE your VOICE and HEAR your ACTION
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by hinwazaka: 9:12am On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:
What kind of trash talk is this?? Are you one of them?? I pray they stay with only you and your family.
. The truth- is stir less- other forces- may be presumed to move
I am only stating the obvious and being pragmatic
The ostrich sticking its head into the ground does not stop it from having its feathers plucked
Re: We Will Make Boko Haram Beg For Peace – Nigeria’s Army Chief by morbeta(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2015
Too much talk. If you say "beg for peace" that means we are in for a long thing. What you are saying is that Boko haram is here to stay. I believe crushing totally shld have been the best. Crushing an enemy totally without peace will not give room for reoccurance.

(1) (Reply)

Army Officer Caught Drunk Sleeping Under The Sun At Tincan Lagos / BREAKING NEWS!!! Massive Explosion At Umungasi Road Aba, Scores Feared / Igbo Red Cap Chiefs Under Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.