Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post (44987 Views)

More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / Blair House: Buhari's Official Accommodation During His Visit To The US (photo) / Obama To Host Buhari At Blair House For Three Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by trueteller: 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
Beremx:
Was Tafawa Balewa once Nigeria's president? Last time i checked on Wikipedia,he was a prime minister.

President Muhammadu Buhari remains the first Nigeria's democratically elected president to be hosted at Blair House.

Fact!!

Wailing wailers should go and die!!
When something has become excessive, normal beings are expected to say that it has fully become part and parcel of it. It simply means that day in and day out, no matter what, no changes will ever be observed. Never in the history of this country where a political party or any group has ever come extremely low to this present level where apc is just known as the greatest liers and the ONLY two ethnic groups that has so much engaged in propaganda. Outside being looked as a lover of GEJ, apc should be told that propaganda will only lead apc to the fastest lane to failure.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by fmthegreatest(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
It's true president Buhari remains the first Nigeria's president to lodge at the Blair house.
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by easystudy101: 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Beremx:
Was Tafawa Balewa once Nigeria's president? Last time i checked on Wikipedia,he was a prime minister.

President Muhammadu Buhari remains the first Nigeria's democratically elected president to be hosted at Blair House.

Fact!!

I think it says first leader and not first president
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by somez(m): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
And soooo? Whether Buhari been hosted at Blairs house or Mungo park's house, does it in anyway affect our economy? All this retrogresive minded Apc minded follower deying for an irelevant title keep it uq ooo.
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by guttentag(m): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
Why was GEJ not invited when he was Nigeria president
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by holocron: 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
Chai, this is the height of dullardinosis. Is there any diffrence between functions of a Prime Minister in parliamentary system and a President in a Presidential system.

Yes o! In paliamentary system Nigeria operated in the 1960s, the president was the commander in chief of the armed forces, not the prime minister.

In presidential system - the president is ofcourse the commander in chief. There is no prime minister
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
My brother, I don't see basis for argument o
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
The article said Leader.

Prime Ministers, Heads of State and Presidents are all Leaders.

What then is this childish debate about the point raised by this publication?

Must people be this petty about nothing in defense of propaganda?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by francizy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
Beremx:
your father mumu!

...and who told you i don't know the difference between a parliamentary system of government and a presidential system of government?

I will keep telling wailing wailers like you that President Muhammadu Buhari is the first democratic elected president in a presidential system of government to be hosted at Blair House!!!!

Chai! Na old beremx dey type this childish nonsense!?

As if being at that house has benefited us in any way. We want policies and not this baseless and useless nonsense you people are defending here. Need I remind you that BH are still killing, petrol pump price is still higher than 87/litre official pump price, our roads are still bad, power isn't constantly supplied (we haven't seen it for over 3 days now), no jobs, naira is still falling, etc. So how is staying at that house going to help to correct any of this? How is it supposed to strengthen our dead sporting teams? How is it going to provide jobs for us, how is it an achievement for the average man on the street?

I give up! cry
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by alawi5k: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
One dollar is #235 the last time I checked. And we are here disturbing the peace of nairaland over Blair/shekau house.
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by localboy: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
Oga Mumu....the subject of the matter refers the first President and not prime minister. ...if the subject matter had referred First Nigeria Leader....the case wouldn't have been another issue....Na you no study English very well...guess you had a F in English....and that's why apc as a party remains party of technocrats.
Note: The roles as President is somewhat diff from Prime Minister. ...Go back to your government studies. ...

lurther:
Chai! MUMU....

Check the difference between parliamentary system of government and presidential system of government. Come back and thank me later.

Go to school, you say No. Chai.... Imagine a person saying someone was just a prime minister and not president, when they are obviously to title leaders in different system of government. I guess David Cameron, the prime minister of Britain cannot be regarded as the leader of Britain because he is not a president.

Or are you now trying to tell us that Tafawa Balewa should be expunged as one of the leaders of Nigeria because Nigeria practised parliamentary system of government then, that gave powers that today's president have, because he was a prime minister?
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by aresa: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
alfred5:

Was he not once a Nigerian leader just as we have in Britain?

The argument is about the difference between prime minister and president, not about leadership. The fact that they both lead doesn't mean they have the same definition.
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by nigerfine: 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
If you are reading from afar, the APC , PDP factor scare you away completely. How can we start reading meaning to where a meeting was held or will be held, instead of looking at the benefits of the meeting. So so many idle minds fighting over party that does not have them in mind..
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by Numbass: 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
First leader.... .. first president or whatever.....It doesnt put food on the table of ordinary Nigerians. We should be discussing about important national issues and not such frivolities. I tire for we Nigerians. Smh. undecided
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by adanny01(m): 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
lurther:
APC and Propaganda!

SMH!!!

But does APC think propaganda can sustain them in power? We shall see. Time will tell.

My worry: How come APC are to blame for the wide spread news i heard on channels TV and read on Punch even when the APC spokesperson did not make a public statement to that effect. How is it a propaganda by APC?

Guy, you are a hater.
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by horlus(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
Whether it's true or not. The last time a Nigeria head was hosted was during tafawa balewas reign. . That's a long long time ago I'm glad buhari is a worthy head to receive such invitation..
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by Brightology2(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
Shut up ur mouth my frd n stop making noise in my ear
Beremx:
I am not ignoring that. It doesn't change the fact that PMB is the first Nigerian president to be hosted there.

This doesn't call for meaningless arguments. It is obviously clear.
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by Brightology2(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
Shut up ur mouth my frd n stop making noise.
Beremx:
I am not ignoring that. It doesn't change the fact that PMB is the first Nigerian president to be hosted there.

Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
alfred5:

You are absolutely correct. Clap for your self... Go read your government books and notes.

Who is a leader? Wheather head of state or government..... Was he not a leader? That's what they ask you. Don't quote me again else amadioha will finish you!
Big head tribe again. There he goes. Amadioha fire ur generation
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
Beremx:

Fact!!

The thread said LEADER. Last time I checked, Prime minister and the president are both leaders(nigerian leaders). READ DIGEST TOPIC BEFORE YOU COMMENT.
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by ArmsWilliams: 3:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
May b Tafawa Balewa only visited d place and did not sleep there as PMB will do
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by jwils(m): 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
donholy28:
.You're right
and so what if he the first to be welcomed there?........ Get sense and stop the propaganda that wil not help the country nor yourself
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by jwils(m): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
Beremx:

and so what?
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by sunayo(m): 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Beremx:

Fact!!

Let us even assume PMB is the first Nigerian president to be hosted at the Blair House, how will that change the fortunes of Nigeria and Nigerians. APC just like noise, frivolities.

For your info, OBJ was logded in the same house by Bill Clinton and George Bush. Google is your friend.
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
who cares?
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by adekaz777: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
Blair house is not a paradise/heaven, Balewa was there before, now Buhari is there. Prime minister,head of state,chancellor,president etc are leaders. What are we going benefit from the visit now that N2.2 Billion has been investmented on a visitation (transport and logistics excluding AKPD FEE that remain undisclosed) should be our discussion; is it not a waste at critical period? Must they go in multitude as APC GOVT complained all the time about no money in the treasury? What will host give us in return and hope is a journey to second slavery/neo-colonialism? My people AKPD MESSAGE AND MEDIA, CHICAGO, USA is still working, but for how many billion us dollar, APC has not told us and we shall continue to ask them
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by Jidefido(m): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
According to the site, there is nothing on Tafawa Balewa being a guest. There is no propaganda from the APC. We should always learn to do thorough research before spweing things out. The news that he will be d first Nigerian and West African leader didn't come from APC but from foreign media.
You all accused him of faking the Chatham House invite but he shamed all of you when he spoke.
Free this man and let him do his job. I like him, as he is not even bothered. He is not listening to your wailing. He is a complete gentleman General

Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by princejenks(m): 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
Am not sure obj would love to hear this coming from a region that love to claim firsts in everything. We shouldnt drag this any further,what we need are the dividends from this visit cos it seems this administration is too preoccupied with picture taking than anything else
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by arbitter: 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
Wait, this is something youre actually fighting over?!!!

I dont know who's more pathetic the PDP apologists that are so bothered by this or the APC apologists that are so obsessed with this

Either way this goes to show how completely ldiotic you all are.
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by abbaapple: 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
saTANIods re just bunch of clowns! Most of dem are zombies from a Holucost mountain!
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by smirn(m): 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
lurther:
Chai! MUMU....

Check the difference between parliamentary system of government and presidential system of government. Come back and thank me later.

Go to school, you say No. Chai.... Imagine a person saying someone was just a prime minister and not president, when they are obviously to title leaders in different system of government. I guess David Cameron, the prime minister of Britain cannot be regarded as the leader of Britain because he is not a president.

Or are you now trying to tell us that Tafawa Balewa should be expunged as one of the leaders of Nigeria because Nigeria practised parliamentary system of government then, that gave powers that today's president have, because he was a prime minister?
Look at who is calling somebody Mumu, a prime minister is never the president, in the parliamentary system of government, we have both the president and the prime minister. The president is the head of state and commander in chief while the prime minister is the head of government. The president is elected directly by the people while the prime minister is a member of the parliament and is elected as prime minister within the parliament.
Re: President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post by Alexisu: 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
And the wailing wailers will be like... Yes!!! Thank God he is not the first.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Mark's Son, Junior Holds His Traditional Wedding In Abuja (Photos) / Akon With Osibanjo, Obasanjo, Elumelu And Others (Photos) / Full Supreme Court Judgement On Imo Election. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.