Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X (12631 Views)

10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) / 11 Things FRSC Wants Vehicle Owners To Carry / Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
okenwa:
I was just introduced to acura mdx 12. Should l go for it, or

Unless you have any particular reservations, the car is truly a keeper. A few things to bear in mind though, its a 3.7ltr naturally aspirated engine and full time 4x4 so do not expect fuel to run like a 4 cylinder Camry. Also, the Advance package runs on Active Dampers or electronic shocks, and when these blow, its a fortune to fix (about #380k a pair in Ladipo). The other trims rum on regular gas charged shocks like KYBs, Monroe and others, less dan 80k can replace all four.

By and large, the X is a fun car to drive and pulls up even against big competition.

1 Like

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by okenwa(m): 8:07am On Oct 13, 2015
Thanks for the information, I just got one at festact town
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 8:58am On Oct 13, 2015
Great!! Welcome to world of the X. Which package did you get eventually? Let's meet your new baby. *thumbs Up*

1 Like

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 13, 2015
HOTARIO:

Unless you have any particular reservations, the car is truly a keeper. A few things to bear in mind though, its a 3.7ltr naturally aspirated engine and full time 4x4 so do not expect fuel to run like a 4 cylinder Camry. Also, the Advance package runs on Active Dampers or electronic shocks, and when these blow, its a fortune to fix (about #380k a pair in Ladipo). The other trims rum on regular gas charged shocks like KYBs, Monroe and others, less dan 80k can replace all four.

By and large, the X is a fun car to drive and pulls up even against big competition.

I quite agree with you . You could still convert the ADS in the advanced package to regular kyb or monroe without issues. As for the ADS light on the dash , it can be tweaked with a small resistor.
Finally if i have the resources i ll go for the advanced pack.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ElRazur: 3:56am On Oct 14, 2015
Guys, what's a good price to pay for a good grade 2005 MDX in naija and a fair price for one from Cotonou?

Thanks.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 7:35am On Oct 14, 2015
ElRazur:
Guys, what's a good price to pay for a good grade 2005 MDX in naija and a fair price for one from Cotonou?

Thanks.

With less than # 2mm you should be fine. You can sample deals from the auto section.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by okenwa(m): 9:33am On Oct 14, 2015
HOTARIO:
Great!! Welcome to world of the X. Which package did you get eventually? Let's meet your new baby. *thumbs Up*
It is a nice ride, pictures soon because it is been registered. The upholstery is ok
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by okenwa(m): 10:08am On Oct 14, 2015
HOTARIO, pls I will need your help with the activation of voice command and control of the car.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Elsafema: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
I have this MDX 2003 but I don't known how water get in into the car whenever there is rainfall I have try check everywhere but there is no any opening thou it is only foot mat that get soaked
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by kingreign(m): 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
Elsafema:
I have this MDX 2003 but I don't known how water get in into the car whenever there is rainfall I have try check everywhere but there is no any opening thou it is only foot mat that get soaked

where's your location?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Elsafema: 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ibadan
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by kingreign(m): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
Elsafema:
Ibadan
go to automedics his workshop is in a filling station opposite UCH.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
okenwa:
HOTARIO, pls I will need your help with the activation of voice command and control of the car.

The voice command button is the upper button on the lower left side of the streering control. Just press down the button and say a command. You always have to press it to make a command.

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Elsafema: 7:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
kingreign:

go to automedics his workshop is in a filling station opposite UCH.
Thank you sir. Can I also have his number.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by kingreign(m): 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
Elsafema:
Thank you sir. Can I also have his number.

no, I don't have it.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by okenwa(m): 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
HOTARIO:

The voice command button is the upper button on the lower left side of the streering control. Just press down the button and say a command. You always have to press it to make a command.

Thank you very much sir
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by okenwa(m): 8:13am On Oct 15, 2015
Where can someone get or download the latest version of lagos routes, maps for navigation purpose
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 11:41am On Oct 15, 2015
okenwa:
Where can someone get or download the latest version of lagos routes, maps for navigation purpose

Unfortunately, factory Navigation does not cover territories outside the USA and Canada. And the navigation disk cannot play any other disk but the factory disk
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by okenwa(m): 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
My dvd is nit
HOTARIO:

Unfortunately, factory Navigation does not cover territories outside the USA and Canada. And the navigation disk cannot play any other disk but the factory disk

My dvd is not showing up on the dash board. Only at the back seats, any failure
Can you
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
How can one get the lights in naira or naija
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
Where can I get a reputable mechanic for my 2007 Mdx sports and entertainment option. Don't need guess work professionals
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by kingreign(m): 8:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
ichakaobos:
Where can I get a reputable mechanic for my 2007 Mdx sports and entertainment option. Don't need guess work professionals

location?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 8:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
Lagos
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by kingreign(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
ichakaobos:
Lagos

Gazzuzz is your sure bet. His number is 08023251039
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by domack99(m): 10:55am On Dec 13, 2015
Hello MDXers,

I just replaced my 04 MDX transmission due to Torque Converter issue. I have all the sensors, switches and Solenoid on the old one available, the new one came with its own accessories. Most of the accessories are new too (ordered from Amazon) or tokunbo from ladipo as I have replace them at one point or the other thinking they were the issue.

If you are interested, please contact me.

This parts fit 03-06 MDX model, I also have a service manual for 03-06 MDX for DIY guys
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Elsafema: 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
How do I get good shock absorber from and back
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 9:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hello Folks,

Glad to see more MDXers coming on board. Let's keep it going guys.

@Elsafema, dampers depend on the model and trip of your X. I believe standard KYBs will suit most, save for the ones fitted with the ADS, which cost lots more to replace. Generally for Acura/Honda parts, Oyingbo is a sure bet.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 3:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
Go to Oyingbo for shocks. If it's the ADS like mine, you are on a long tin
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2016
@Ichakaobos, your ADS gone bad? That's high dollars. But I understand that you can replace them with standard KYBs too but deal only with warning light on MID. check comments on Acurazine and MDXers.

From my findings four things you may need to deal with owning an X are ADS (for d sports/advance package), drive shaft, torque converter and Transmission range switch. of course as a car in naija, lots of other standard issues will feature. But ADS sha....no be small thing.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 11:29pm On Mar 02, 2016
@HOTARIO once I change to the kyb. It ain't no mdx again. Will source for the ADS anyway possible.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 6:50am On Mar 03, 2016
bro, I feel you. But given that other MDX packages run easily on regular shocks like KYBs your sports Tech package will still be a great X.

A retailer in OYingbo had a set a few weeks ago. Let me know if you need them.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 9:32am On Mar 03, 2016
Ok, will do. Is the retailer named Victor or ilo-Vic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bugatti Divo Undergoes A Makeover, Unrevealed At Paris Auto Show - Photos / Mazda Mpv Vs Toyota Sienna For Transportation. / 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.