Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,577 members, 7,958,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

Will A Cirrus / Maestro Atm Card Work In Lagos? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Will A Cirrus / Maestro Atm Card Work In Lagos? (3397 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card / How My Roommate Stole 120,000 Naira From My ATM Card And How I Caught Him / The STB Mastercard Maestro: Credit and Debit Cards in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will A Cirrus / Maestro Atm Card Work In Lagos? by irishbogge: 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2009
Hi,
I will be visiting Lagos during the summer. I will be carrying very little cash with me, and the easiest way I can think of getting cash is using my Cirrus / Maestro ATM Card to withdraw cash as I do not want to use my Credit Card. Can anyone tell me if this will work?

Thanks
Re: Will A Cirrus / Maestro Atm Card Work In Lagos? by skweezer: 6:54am On Mar 12, 2009
It can work awesome on zenith or Gtb bank only and if visa goes for access bank and Skye bank. You're welcome
Re: Will A Cirrus / Maestro Atm Card Work In Lagos? by blacksta(m): 7:18pm On Mar 13, 2009
The cost ( changing currency cost, u.k bank charge. for example i know alliance and leicester charge 2.9% of every transactions you do on the card ) of of using your card abroad outweigh the benefit and i can guarantte that the exchange rate will be rubbish. If i were you i would change the money and deposit it an Nigeria account with an atm facility
Re: Will A Cirrus / Maestro Atm Card Work In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2009
It works. My only advice is this. Only use your foreign issued cards during official bank operating hours.
One ATM accepted my card and refused to release it. There were like 5 people in line to use the atm and they kept telling me to go inside the bank to complain. I told them that i would wait until "Jesus" arrives before i would leave the atm. grin. Luckily, the atm was rebooted and it ejected my card. Imagine if i had gone to complain and the thing ejected only for some "ole" to run away with it.
Re: Will A Cirrus / Maestro Atm Card Work In Lagos? by Obitrice24: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
Please i do wanna know if cirrus and maestro card can work in nigeria?
Re: Will A Cirrus / Maestro Atm Card Work In Lagos? by felucci(m): 11:07am On Nov 07, 2014
My Payoneer Mastercard works on Zenith bank and Ecobank. You will get paid in Naira and it works anytime of the day as long as the ATM is active.

(1) (Reply)

Become Part Of This Startup Business Idea / Investment Inflow Into Nigeria Shrinks By $4.5bn / You Can Make Upto N30k Weekly From This Egg Distribution Business Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.