Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! (2775 Views)

R / Many Countries Want Nigeria To Break Up Because Of Envy – NLC / if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
Since independence , many groups have agitated for a break.. oduduwa republic, arewa republic and biafra just to mention a few..... according to yakubu gowon "to keep Nigeria one is a task that must be done"... but the question here now is why?....

please drop you comments and educated me and others.. thanks

below are the proposed flags for oduduwa biafra and arewa...

cc lalasticlala

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by namdyz(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
following
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by podosci(m): 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
First and for most if Nigeria is to divide, how many entities are we gonna divide into? We have 256 ethnic groups, what stops us from dividing into 256 different countries, what's the assurance we would divide into just 3?
Lets take Biafra first, why should the 5 eastern states agree to divide together to form one Baifra, why not do divide into 5 different countries
Arewa republic is not achievable, there are over 150 ethnic groups in the north, for one, the huasas and fulanjs would never form a country together if giving a choice, we still have the Nupe, Gwari, Gwagi and other ethnic groups....
Oduduwa repulblic is already having issues where the Ijebus are fighting for their states, the Offas want out of Kwar...
Secondly Division is not as simple has it sounds especially in less developed regions like Africa, we would fight for many unending years with a death toll rising in millions and that might not even ensure that the divisions would be achieved. Look at sudan, they fought for years, even after the south successfully gained independence they turned the guns on each other and started fighting themselves in the south.
Economics...If Nigeria is to Divide into N, SW, SS, SE, ...The only region to benefit would be the SW and the Se due to the availability of a readily extractable mineral resources in the SS and sea ports, The SW would enjoy with it's population and seaports....The N and SE would be totally landlocked surrounded by other countries and this is not a good recipie for economic development.

Nigeria is better has one , which ever faction feels marginalize should table it's grieviences to it's senators, Hor and GOVS....Each state in the republic receives it's monthly allocation, Because of Federal system, your state Govement is in charge of your development..Its time we start singing the right song of holding our leaders accountable and stop the song of separation.
Thank You

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by dokyOloye: 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
Because ethnicity can never let us make progress if we continue to stay together.
For example,if an Igbo man were to loot Fed govt money,I'll even clap for him cos d north and their mistress(I no mention anybody name ooo) have been looting Nigeria dry for long excluding d south south and south east.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
Economically, politically, and for the sake of reputation, Nigeria is better off as one big country. With the right structures, Nigeria can become an economic and military superpower. Succession is not the answer, because even biafra will find it extremely difficult if it happens. What Nigeria needs right now is political restructuring. The system of administration must change. We must go back to regional governments with a weaker centre. Let the regions control their own resources and pay tax to the central government. Competition among the regions ll force development, not this current system were some are exploited to feed some. Sadly, the abokis up north will never agree to this, because other regions ll leave them behind in every aspect. They will suffer without this unholy union, hence they are the champions of 'one Nigeria' . Without "one Nigeria" Northern Nigeria will be a poverty and stricken wasteland..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by BRIGHTTAZ: 3:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
To ur tenth oo isreal.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by RapLawd1: 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
podosci:
First and for most if Nigeria is to divide, how many entities are we gonna divide into? We have 256 ethnic groups, what stops us from dividing into 256 different countries, what's the assurance we would divide into just 3?
Lets take Biafra first, why should the 5 eastern states agree to divide together to form one Baifra, why not do divide into 5 different countries
Arewa republic is not achievable, there are over 150 ethnic groups in the north, for one, the huasas and fulanjs would never form a country together if giving a choice, we still have the Nupe, Gwari, Gwagi and other ethnic groups....
Oduduwa repulblic is already having issues where the Ijebus are fighting for their states, the Offas want out of Kwar...
Secondly Division is not as simple has it sounds especially in less developed regions like Africa, we would fight for many unending years with a death toll rising in millions and that might not even ensure that the divisions would be achieved. Look at sudan, they fought for years, even after the south successfully gained independence they turned the guns on each other and started fighting themselves in the south.
Economics...If Nigeria is to Divide into N, SW, SS, SE, ...The only region to benefit would be the SW and the Se due to the availability of a readily extractable mineral resources in the SS and sea ports, The SW would enjoy with it's population and seaports....The N and SE would be totally landlocked surrounded by other countries and this is not a good recipie for economic development.

Nigeria is better has one , which ever faction feels marginalize should table it's grieviences to it's senators, Hor and GOVS....Each state in the republic receives it's monthly allocation, Because of Federal system, your state Govement is in charge of your development..Its time we start singing the right song of holding our leaders accountable and stop the song of separation.
Thank You

All this epistle wey you wrote, na Gospel you wan write?

4 Likes

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by RapLawd1: 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
dicefrost:
Economically, politically, and for the sake of reputation, Nigeria is better off as one big country. With the right structures, Nigeria can become an economic and military superpower. Succession is not the answer, because even biafra will find it extremely difficult if it happens. What Nigeria needs right now is political restructuring. The system of administration must change. We must go back to regional governments with a weaker centre. Let the regions control their own resources and pay tax to the central government. Competition among the regions ll force development, not this current system were some are exploited to feed some. Sadly, the abokis up north will never agree to this, because other regions ll leave them behind in every aspect. They will suffer without this unholy union, hence they are the champions of 'one Nigeria' . Without "one Nigeria" Northern Nigeria will be a poverty and stricken wasteland..

Ask yourself,will this political structure ever achieved in Nigeria? You and I knows the answer... Oil and water no suppose dey together in the first place

5 Likes

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 11:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
RapLawd1:

Ask yourself,will this political structure ever achieved in Nigeria? You and I knows the answer... Oil and water no suppose dey together in the first place

'Tell me' in not more 250words why you think if we secede there won't be internal strife(you knw Anambras rising against imolites,Enugu n Abakiliki wars)

Tell me how you are going to start life afresh.How do you intent to circumvent Economic/financial constraints which will be imminent at that time.

If you can convince me that derrix enough reserve(i.e Mo-ney)to take us through the tough years of our secession.I'll join to fight the war but if not,pls rest your hackles.

Our fathers laid a bad foundation.So wat nw?

I can't die for this cause pls.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by RapLawd1: 11:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
DaisyII:

'Tell me' in not more 250words why you think if we secede there won't be internal strife(you knw Anambras rising against imolites,Enugu n Abakiliki wars)

Tell me how you are going to start life afresh.How do you intent to circumvent Economic/financial constraints which will be imminent at that time.

If you can convince me that derrix enough reserve(i.e Mo-ney)to take us through the tough years of our secession.I'll join to fight the war but if not,pls rest your hackles.

Wanted to reply in full buh can't move further after I discovered the bolden above...

And to the colored, I think you're probably living in another nation apart from the one I am...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
podosci:

Thank You
DaisyII:

dicefrost:

Trash

Before the creation of Nigeria, didn't we survive as separate nations

Wasn't our separate nations famous and respected by the Europeans.

Oyo empire Benin empire etc were few of those empires that were respected cool

3 Likes

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 11:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Trash

Before the creation of Nigeria, didn't we survive as separate nations

Wasn't our separate nations famous and respected by the Europeans.

Now civilization has set in with break through in technology.Uncle,what do you intend falling back on/to?

Like if u are given a hoe to farm like your forefathers did u'll accept it n do some digging.

People lyk u ll be waiting for white collar Job.

Wait till we secede and Niger Delta decides to secede with their oil frm Biafra.

This Biafra,as good as it sound,i don't see it anywhere near working.There's no unity amongst us.Same thing dat made ojukwu fail 'disunity'.

Let's jez unite,fight d boko haram,see how we can tackle ds Economic recession and stop ds.

And abt being famous. Biafra wasn't dat recognized.Many African countries didn't recognize her talk more of countries in d western world.

I Tot u studied govt/history in ur sec sch days.Make use f it naaa..

3 Likes

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 12:02am On Jul 21, 2015
...and my post was devoid of punctuation mark.I hope u gt d msg still
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 12:07am On Jul 21, 2015
RapLawd1:

Wanted to reply in full buh can't move further after I discovered the bolden above...

And to the colored, I think you're probably living in another nation apart from the one I am...

Oh,You think this is hardship here in Nig.?

I'll leave the 'secession' to give you a proper definition of hardship.(Esp economically).Ask those who witnessed the civil war.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Roseey0(f): 12:13am On Jul 21, 2015
I just want them to divide and understand what division means. No need preaching. I will just find another country and naturalise with. I pity SE the most cos they dont understand the soup they are cooking.

I will keep praying for one Nigeria till I kpai.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by esere826: 12:30am On Jul 21, 2015
I rather that Nigeria remains one and if possible absorb its neighbors to the south and east
However, I am more than happy if the core North breaks away.
The do not play with the same rules as we do, and are too susceptible to religious upheavals (The first time i ever saw the dead for the sake of religion was in the North)

Despite my desire that Nigeria largely remains one
I'm of the view that we remain in the union only if we all play by the same rules with little or no ethnic emotional leaning like I witness regularly (especially in political affiliations and patronage)

In the absence of such fairness, then I elect that we opt for division into discussed and agreed constituents
In case of such non-acrimonious division, and Considering my social and geographical positioning,
I'm modestly but pretty sure that my financial strength will at least triple if this happens -despite the declining price of crude

...I'll miss lagos sha,.. but once in a while, just like I do London,
1'll visit Lagos on a tourist visa and spend some of my awoof oyel cash partying grin

but i guess this is all a pipe dream -the other parts of Nigeria will love us and keep us for a long time while expounding lofty philosophical submissions until there are no more mine-able slush funds to oil our union.
Then when ours is down (and it shall surely finish) and theirs up,
we'll love them back and never let go and then we'll start with our own abracadabra philosophy just they way we are reminded of groundnut and cocoa pyramids that towered to the heavens like the tower of Babel

uhmmmmmm gold-digging 101

1 Like

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 21, 2015
DaisyII:

Now civilization has set in with break through in technology.Uncle,what do you intend falling back on/to?

Like if u are given a hoe to farm like your forefathers did u'll accept it n do some digging.

Wait till we secede and Niger Delta decides to secede with their oil frm Biafra.

This Biafra,as good as it sound,i don't see it anywhere near working.There's no unity amongst us.Same thing dat made ojukwu fail 'disunity'.

Let's jez unite,fight d boko haram,see how we can tackle ds Economic recession and stop ds.

And abt being famous. Biafra wasn't dat recognized.Many African countries didn't recognize her talk more of countries in d western world.

There is no unity in your family and not Biafra

Israel is smaller than Igboland yet she is an independent nation

Israel is 20000sqkm

Igboland in SE SS and NC is 40000sqkm

Israel is a 1st world nation

What stops Biafra from being a 1st world nation.? Historic illiterates like you who know next to nothing and brag about it. angry

4 Likes

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 21, 2015
I believe that we should remain one because our problems can be fixed.
In the event that things don't work out how would we even divide?
If we do divide we hope it won't be violent, but I think that it will be because some regions are yet to realize their potential (and they all have potential).
Our geopolitical zones are not even properly or fairly defined. On your map there of Arewa I can see some 'Northern' states are missing. Half of Adamawa, the whole of Taraba and I think even Nasarawa and Benue states. Where would you put them?
Right now the South East and maybe the SS are clamoring for secession, and everyone sees the North as one, but I don't think the North is as united as people think it is. It's not ideal to divide into 250+ countries but there is no guarantee that we will divide into 3.
I do believe that it is possible for every geopolitical zone to survive on their own even though it might be harder for some so that is not an issue for me. However, I feel that we should come to the table and discuss first, before we go that way. An actual conference where we set rules for each zone/state and agree on a date where we will stop this Abuja collection system.

1 Like

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:39am On Jul 21, 2015
DaisyII:

i can't stay in the country where Akwa Ibom man is called a minority despite contributing significantly to growth of Nigeria.
Listen, if the old eastern region of Nigeria should become an independent nation, they will develop faster more than most developed countries in Europe. Apart from oil, there are so many resources untapped in that region

4 Likes

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 8:30am On Jul 21, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
i can't stay in the country where Akwa Ibom man is called a minority despite contributing significantly to growth of Nigeria.
Listen, if the old eastern region of Nigeria should become an independent nation, they will develop faster more than most developed countries in Europe. Apart from oil, there are so many resources untapped in that region

so u'll wait until dose resources are tapped
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 8:52am On Jul 21, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

There is no unity in your family and not Biafra

Israel is smaller than Igboland yet she is an independent nation

Israel is 20000sqkm

Igboland in SE SS and NC is 40000sqkm

Israel is a 1st world nation

What stops Biafra from being a 1st world nation.? Historic illiterates like you who know next to nothing and brag about it. angry

I don't need to bandy words with you since you couldn't present a reasonable argument instead u av chosen to bring family into this.
I respect wat family stands for so m not going to bring yours into this.

This shows how very educated you are.

As for the 'disunity' and the 'great 8iafra' we'll jez wait and see the aftermath of the secession.

You want to compare Israel to Biafra.I jez hope wen war comes calling u'd gladly be a volunteer.

1 Like

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by DaisyII: 8:57am On Jul 21, 2015
DrLikita:
If we do divide we hope it won't be violent, but I think that it will be because some regions are yet to realize their potential (and they all have potential).
Our geopolitical zones are not even properly or fairly defined. On your map there of Arewa I can see some 'Northern' states are missing. Half of Adamawa, the whole of Taraba and I think even Nasarawa and Benue states. Where would you put them?
Right now the South East and maybe the SS are clamoring for secession, and everyone sees the North as one, but I don't think the North is as united as people think it is. It's not ideal to divide into 250+ countries but there is no guarantee that we will divide into 3.
I do believe that it is possible for every geopolitical zone to survive on their own even though it might be harder for some so that is not an issue for me. However, I feel that we should come to the table and discuss first, before we go that way. An actual conference where we set rules for each zone/state and agree on a date where we will stop this Abuja collection system.

My point exactly.Every tribe feels they are being marginalized and the way some of my Igbo brethren take it...well

We can settle this amicably and twill be a win-win situation for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by RapLawd1: 9:23am On Jul 21, 2015
DaisyII:

Oh,You think this is hardship here in Nig.?

I'll leave the 'secession' to give you a proper definition of hardship.(Esp economically).Ask those who witnessed the civil war.

Civil war?

I think the war with Boko Haram Military War shey?

Stop using things not acquitted for as an excuse... we're not saying war but peace, if they fail to See peacefully to our agitation, believe me... either now but never forever, this war that we could avoid now is inevitable... the future generation will take it to much more aggressive level than we... don't observe the revolutionary movement @all?... the only solution is to give everybody what they want, I believe if a vote should decide the real fate of Biafra, that you'll will peacefully vote Biafra if you're one, so you See... It's just matter of years-imagine for a century, all Great nation like Nigeria' and their government can show of is keeping Nigeria one at all cost, even if the parties involved ain't willing...

Nigeria has gone too far in this part and so can't get back to the right track... the only solution is disintegration thou I'm not suggestiing war or genocide, but I can't rule it out as well, cus what matters is freedom at the end, which ever way that it came and let every indigenous nations within the nation should be self determinants...

My Take!
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by RapLawd1: 9:35am On Jul 21, 2015
DaisyII:

There're things you don't just get... Nigeria is to daft to be country, just tell me, as a country what's it major breakthrough in the technology that you're referring to?

Lemme just be Frank,

A Typical b northern Muslim don't give a poo about any western technology, they prefer to remain In the dark as far as Islam is there, they're the only people setting this nation backwards, and the worst part is that you and I can't get ride of them politically in political powers, they are more advanced in that than any other part of the country (though in a corrupt manner ),try and challenge there born to rule dynasty and history will repeat itself, If they rule, we all follow, but if we eventually get to rule, things will change... what kind of country progress with that set of people huh?

Do you think U.S will be as simple and complex as they're if this set of people are among them? Hell no... they won't succumb to this insult as we've done for years, It's time we tell ourselves the truth and Stop pretending that we could be part of something that we'll never be part of, Nigeria do not officially recognise us...

3 Likes

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by RapLawd1: 9:39am On Jul 21, 2015
Roseey0:
I just want them to divide and understand what division means. No need preaching. I will just find another country and naturalise with. I pity SE the most cos they dont understand the soup they are cooking.

I will keep praying for one Nigeria till I kpai.

But you know that Rome wasn't built in a day, but didn't take hundred years to built shey!??

Hope you get my message!
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by RapLawd1: 9:44am On Jul 21, 2015
DrLikita:

Na who go start the meeting on the table to discuss this kind issue?
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by RapLawd1: 9:48am On Jul 21, 2015
DaisyII:

My point exactly.Every tribe feels they are being marginalized and the way some of my Igbo brethren take it...well

The more I read your comments, the more I keep asking myself if you're truly Igbo and if you're truly for the Igbos, I'm gonna question or doubt your Igboness, but you seem as if you don't know our history...
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 21, 2015
DaisyII:

OK can I ask u sth, what shud Ojukwu had done as his people were being killed in d north during d progrom?
And in other parts of the country?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 21, 2015
DaisyII:

Can u ask me how u feel d yorubas or northerners are being marginalized?
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
RapLawd1:

Na who go start the meeting on the table to discuss this kind issue?
I don't know. Anybody can start it.
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by RapLawd1: 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
DrLikita:

I don't know. Anybody can start it.

Better keep mute on the issue
Re: Why You Dont Want Nigeria To Break? Research Purpose Only!!!! by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
RapLawd1:

Better keep mute on the issue

Na you sabi.
I will talk whenever I feel like, respond to whoever I want to respond to, and comment on any topic I feel like commenting on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers, Akwa-ibom Tribunal Judgments Cannot Stand - PDP / Anybody Else Noticed Absence Of Buhari's Chief Of Staff In Pics Of FEC Meetings? / BREAKING!!! Photos Of IPOB Members Shot Dead By Army In Ekwulobia (happening Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.