Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! (1250 Views)

No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly / "Please, Stop Opening Bottles With Your Teeth" / My Job Was Slowly Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by shinebabe(f): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
Around two million plastic bottles are bought
every five minutes all over the world. One million
plastic cups are used in airline flights in the
United States every six hours. With these
numbers, it is without question that plastic is the
most consumed product in the world. However,
new research shows that plastics are slowly
killing people without them knowing.
For many years, there has been this belief that
bottled water is better than tap water because of
the vitamins it contains. However, it is actually
just tap water that is put in a bottle, making it
an environmentally unfriendly hydration source.
Aside from this, plastic bottles are actually
dangerous to humans. Before you use these
products, it is pertinent that you take a look at
the bottom of the packaging and look for a
symbol.

Symbols and Their Meaning

At the bottom of the bottle, you will find a
triangle with a number, which can be anywhere
from one to seven. With the symbol you see, you
can tell whether the plastic you hold is safe or
not.

Number 1

Known as PET or PETE, the bottle with this
number means that it should only be used once.
This is because reusing them can expose people
to a chemical substance called EPA. The plastic
could possibly emit antimony, which is a heavy
metal that can interfere with the hormones in the
body. It is also possible that the plastic is
carcinogenic.

Number 2

If you find a triangle with the number “2” in it,
the bottle is known as HDPE or HDP, which is
considered the good plastic. It is named so
because it doesn’t have as much emission as
the other types of chemicals used in the other
bottles when in contact with water.

Number 3

Also labeled as V or PVC, the number 3 in the
bottle means that it has two toxic chemicals that
can both influence the hormones in the body.
Still, PVC is the most used type of plastic
around.

Number 4

LDPE plastics have the number 4, which means
they don’t emit chemicals when used in water
bottles. However, most of them are actually
present in plastic bags.

Number 5

PP or number 5 plastics are also good types of
plastics. They are recognizable because of their
white color. Sometimes, they are transparent. PP
plastics are common in cups of yogurt and syrup
bottles.

Number 6

Although this emits STIREN, which is
carcinogenic, this plastic is used in fast food
packaging as well as in coffee cups.
Check the number on the bottle you use and be safe.

Number 7

Finally, plastics with no labels are in this
category where they are known as PC. You
should not trust plastics without labels because
they often emit BPA, which is a very harmful
chemical. Unfortunately, PC plastics are common
in containers for food, sports drink bottles, and
worse, infant bottles.
If your bottle has 2, 4, or 5, you shouldn’t really
worry. However, if it is labeled, 1, 3, 6, or 7, you
are exposing yourself to the dangerous
chemicals that these plastics emit.

source:

http://www.stethnews.com/0213/plastic-bottles-are-slowly-killing-you/

Cc.

ishilove lalasticlala
Re: Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by pushtani(m): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
hmmmmm,,,educative

1 Like

Re: Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by Diznie(f): 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
nice one,never knew this

1 Like

Re: Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by shamsuRana(m): 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
Impressive.
The truth is that we are already dead.we are just on tiger batteries.
Not every one can eschew this products almost immediately.

1 Like

Re: Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by teelady(f): 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
Informative

1 Like

Re: Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by Shortyy(f): 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
True. But it's just better to live and not be afraid of death cos there are so many things we eat that we aren't supposed to eat.

1 Like

Re: Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by bumbex(f): 11:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
Informative facts.

1 Like

Re: Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by b3llo(m): 12:04am On Jul 21, 2015
Informative and educative... This should make front page in order to inform others.

1 Like

Re: Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by luthorcorp: 8:23am On Jul 21, 2015
good info but truth is who really have time to start searching for triangles and signs on cans b4 using...

1 Like

Re: Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by RichardUwaifo(m): 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
To all Nairalanders,
I wish to say that after reading the article by the poster above, I was indeed forced to register on this website and make an important contribution to what the poster has written.

For some time now, I and my partners have been drawing a lot of awareness to the dangers of these sachet water people drink everyday and also the bottled water as well. In some cases when you happen to visit some of these factories were water is assumed to be treated, packaged and distributed, you can only but wonder how God helps us so much with all sort of things that enters our stomach.

One the contrary, most of these water factories use just a simple water purification process with equipments that are available to purchase any were in Nigeria because there are dealers all around. All you need is a borehole, overhead tank, water treatment plant including filters and your plumbing system.
We have been introducing this system to various private homes, hotels, hospitals and lots more.
Having this full water treatment system in your own home will not only safe you lots of money you spend buying water from these water factories, you will also the rest assured of your own safety because all you have to is change the filters at least every month.

With this system, you can avoid the excessive use of these plastics and sachets by getting your clean treated water straight from your tap and storing water in some nice jugs in your fridge to keep it chilled and fresh.

For more information on how to get you own water treatment system in your private homes call today on +234-810-173-6162 or email: richard_uwaifo(@)yahoo.co.uk

Re: Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by shinebabe(f): 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2015
RichardUwaifo:
To all Nairalanders,
I wish to say that after reading the article by the poster above, I was indeed forced to register on this website and make an important contribution to what the poster has written.

For some time now, I and my partners have been drawing a lot of awareness to the dangers of these sachet water people drink everyday and also the bottled water as well. In some cases when you happen to visit some of these factories were water is assumed to be treated, packaged and distributed, you can only but wonder how God helps us so much with all sort of things that enters our stomach.

One the contrary, most of these water factories use just a simple water purification process with equipments that are available to purchase any were in Nigeria because there are dealers all around. All you need is a borehole, overhead tank, water treatment plant including filters and your plumbing system.
We have been introducing this system to various private homes, hotels, hospitals and lots more.
Having this full water treatment system in your own home will not only safe you lots of money you spend buying water from these water factories, you will also the rest assured of your own safety because all you have to is change the filters at least every month.

With this system, you can avoid the excessive use of these plastics and sachets by getting your clean treated water straight from your tap and storing water in some nice jugs in your fridge to keep it chilled and fresh.

For more information on how to get you own water treatment system in your private homes call today on +234-810-173-6162 or email: richard_uwaifo(@)yahoo.co.uk

I think the bolded is what is required as one of the options to averting the dangers associated with such plastic bottles regardless of the mode of water treatment. Especially if the jug or any other such container is not made of plastic.
Re: Plastic Bottles Are Slowly Killing You!! by Appelmoik(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
nice1

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Drinking Your Urine. / 4 Ways To Stop Sperm Leakages After Sexual Intercourse. / THT Hmo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.