Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Unripe Plantain And Cow Leg Porridge In Groundnut Oil - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Unripe Plantain And Cow Leg Porridge In Groundnut Oil (6294 Views)

Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! / N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State / How To Cook Best Potato Porridge In Nigeria With Sisi Yemmie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unripe Plantain And Cow Leg Porridge In Groundnut Oil by akudinaobi(m): 1:57am On Jul 21, 2015
I love this local cusine so much that it makes me always hungry to visit calabar again and again
Cross river state in calabar and also akwa ibom is where I tasted the cusine for the first time since then I have being the biggest fan of the meal

The unripe plantain is being prepered and garnished with cow leg ,what I love most is the fresh taste of the groundnut oil and the crafish ,its worth eating anyday anytime

Method of preparation
Get your unripe plantain the one you can consume
Crayfish
Pepper
Cent leave
Onions
Maggi cube (2) or knor (1) according to your pot
Salt to taste
Groundnut oil
Cow leg (boneless)

Now wash your plantain and peel off the green backs , then cut them in small sizes to a fine shapes ,put them in a nice pot for cooking then you add water ,don't fill the pot to the brim just mordrate ,like level of your plantain
Slice your onions an add it followed with the pepper ,crayfish and the maggi don't forget to add salt
Cook the cow leg seprate till its soft ,add the cow leg to the plantain and cook them together after like 30mins you add the scent leaves

Then when the plantain is soft and almost turning to a porridge you then sprinkle the groundnut oil on it (I like putting good quantity)for proper taste

After some minutes you bring your pot down , the cusine is ready and healthy for consumption

Pay me with hitting the like botton if you know about this

Seaman soup is loading next
I love calabar

6 Likes

Re: Unripe Plantain And Cow Leg Porridge In Groundnut Oil by Abby0007(f): 11:38am On Oct 06, 2015
https://ayinkelounge./2015/10/06/how-to-cook-plantain-porridge/ I tried these steps and it turned out yummy!!!
Re: Unripe Plantain And Cow Leg Porridge In Groundnut Oil by akudinaobi(m): 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Very yummy
I can't stop eating it

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Not Eat? / How Do U Love Your Beans? / Top 3 Food That Can Enlarge Your Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.