Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener (1069 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Not A South East Leader Of Thought- Presidency / Igbo Youths Launch Anti-biafra Movement, Slam Nnamdi Kanu / Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by starlight101(m): 7:52am On Jul 21, 2015
You love Biafra, you want Biafra, you dream Biafra and you will die for Biafra. You see Ojukwu as your Hero and the leader of the Biafra nation and yet you refused voting for him in 2003 presidential elections. Even in 2007 presidential elections, Majority of the people in "Biafra Land" did not vote for their hero Ojukwu and thereby blowing the only chance they had to give Biafra a teeth. One interesting fact is that, in 2003, Ojukwu got only 3 votes in Bayelsa State, 27 in Delta, etc. In 2007, he recorded just 155,947 vote which represented a meager 0.44% of the total votes. He did not win any state in "Biafra Land". He could not even amass 5% of the total vote cast in Abia, Imo, Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, etc. Yet you claim and cling to the Biafra dream as if you are ready for Biafra. Kepp deceiving yourself, it pays to do so. What baffles me is; biafra dream ends on Facebook, twitter and on Radio Biafra. Ojukwu, a well trusted and respected Igbo son was rejected by his people at the polls and you think the "guy man" Nnamdi Kalu will do better. Keep dreaming, but don't fail to take malaria medicine when you wake up. As for me, I still stand for one united and prosperous Nigeria were justice, equality and respect for all reigns supreme irrespective of where you came from. A country were equal opportunity is given to everyone and promotions, rewards and appointments are merit based. A country were nepotism, sectionalism and tribal sentimentality are eschewed. This is the Nigeria we all can work for and make it happen. Biafra will never be the answer because even if Biafra is given, the Biafra nation will be hijacked by the same old greedy Igbo leaders (OUK's, T.A Orji's, Achike Udenwa's, etc.) who only stand for their belly. Biafra will only end up making few people richer and more Igbo's impoverished. Let's believe in Nigeria and Nigeria will be great again

3 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by Femolacaster(m): 7:56am On Jul 21, 2015
Op, your brothers will soon invade this thread to label u a Yoruba. Any Igbo that post sensible post on nairaland is always termed as Yoruba or impostor!
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 21, 2015
Do not judge by the elections you quoted. Those elections were conducted by Obasanjo(the saint) and we all know how flawed those elections were. By the way,there would never be equality and justice in Nigeria with this structure still in place. The only way we can realize equality and justice is through agitations. If you think the Nigerian state would be fair to you (that is,if you are really from the East),then, you are joking because the country has been setup to serve some ethnic groups while holding others to ransom.
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by coolebux(m): 8:30am On Jul 21, 2015
Ignored
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by Lordemperoris100(m): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2015
Yes,it will work with a Yoruba man..eddiot
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:35am On Jul 21, 2015
fillmeup200:
Do not judge by the elections you quoted. Those elections were conducted by Obasanjo(the saint) and we all know how flawed those elections were. By the way,there would never be equality and justice in Nigeria with this structure still in place. The only way we can realize equality and justice is through agitations. If you think the Nigerian state would be fair to you (that is,if you are really from the East),then, you are joking because the country has been setup to serve some ethnic groups while holding others to ransom.

you dey mind the op. This is 2015 and not 2003. Am an apostle of anti one Nigeria.
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2015
[s]starlight101:
You love Biafra, you want Biafra, you dream
Biafra and you will die for Biafra. You see
Ojukwu as your Hero and the leader of the
Biafra nation and yet you refused voting for
him in 2003 presidential elections. Even in
2007 presidential elections, Majority of the
people in "Biafra Land" did not vote for their
hero Ojukwu and thereby blowing the only
chance they had to give Biafra a teeth. One
interesting fact is that, in 2003, Ojukwu got
only 3 votes in Bayelsa State, 27 in Delta, etc.
In 2007, he recorded just 155,947 vote which
represented a meager 0.44% of the total
votes. He did not win any state in "Biafra
Land". He could not even amass 5% of the
total vote cast in Abia, Imo, Enugu, Anambra,
Ebonyi, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, etc. Yet you
claim and cling to the Biafra dream as if you
are ready for Biafra. Kepp deceiving yourself,
it pays to do so. What baffles me is; biafra
dream ends on Facebook, twitter and on Radio
Biafra. Ojukwu, a well trusted and respected
Igbo son was rejected by his people at the
polls and you think the "guy man" Nnamdi
Kalu will do better. Keep dreaming, but don't
fail to take malaria medicine when you wake
up. As for me, I still stand for one united and
prosperous Nigeria were justice, equality and
respect for all reigns supreme irrespective of
where you came from. A country were equal
opportunity is given to everyone and
promotions, rewards and appointments are
merit based. A country were nepotism,
sectionalism and tribal sentimentality are
eschewed. This is the Nigeria we all can work
for and make it happen. Biafra will never be
the answer because even if Biafra is given, the
Biafra nation will be hijacked by the same old
greedy Igbo leaders (OUK's, T.A Orji's, Achike
Udenwa's, etc.) who only stand for their belly.
Biafra will only end up making few people
richer and more Igbo's impoverished. Let's
believe in Nigeria and Nigeria will be great
again[/s]

Useless decrepit yoruba swine!

Same yoruba idi$ot with another moniker/account.
https://www.nairaland.com/2465976/biafra-never#36111635
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:49am On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:50am On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by buskie13(m): 8:56am On Jul 21, 2015
Lol....I love all my Biafran brothers ..

one love cool
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by starlight101(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2015
new2020:

Useless decrepit yoruba swine!

Same yoruba idi$ot with another moniker/account.
https://www.nairaland.com/2465976/biafra-never#36111635
Sorry bro abum NWA afor
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by mrvitalis(m): 9:09am On Jul 21, 2015
For me the issue of biafra is a very difficult one.
I can see clear government policies targeted against igbos.. ... No one can deny that fact. .....
I don't trust our present igbo leadership and the so called nnamdi kalu is making the same mistake ojukwu made, which is... MAKING BAIFRA AN IGBO MOVEMENT, for this to work we need our south south brothers I tell u..... not for there oil no.... but to have access to the ocean
So my resolution is that we should push for a regional government and then make good tires with the South-south.
Aba and onisha have great potential to be great industrial and commercial centres... .. . We can make it happen. ... .
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by size40: 9:16am On Jul 21, 2015
Quite on point. The Igbos here feels that whosoever expresses his feelings or views on Biafran Issues that are not pleasing to them is a Yoruba or Hausa person. There are a lot of south-south people here like myself. The much talked about Nnamdi Kanu is still making the same old mistakes made by Ojukwu by co opting the people of Niger Delta into a struggle they were never consulted, no agreement BTW the tribes existing in the old eastern region about secession plan etc. They just woke up and call everywhere "Biafra". Things doesn't work that way. What was the input of other tribes in suggesting a name for the would be new country? Come to Rivers state which is my state, Akwa Ibom Bayelsa Delta etc. People don't seems to be interested in anything Biafra. All I hear about Biafra are all on social media and radio Biafra that's all.
Re: Why Biafra Movement Wont Work By A South Eastener by unstableaswater: 9:19am On Jul 21, 2015
OP is a yoruba man.

(1) (Reply)

Amidst of Controversies:Five Reasons Donald Trump Still Tops The Polls / PHOTO: Abubakar Shekau missing in new Boko Haram video / Kalu To Obasanjo: You are corrupt Sir!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.