Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack (21523 Views)

Military Arrests Boko Haram Chief-Cameraman Alongside Other 2 Suspects(pics / Graphic pictures the 14yr old girl who carried out d Damaturu suicide bombin / Photos of Boko Haram executors of last Saturday's suicide attack in Chad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 21, 2015
[b]But for the extra vigilance of a cameraman and police officer at the scene of a suicide attack that killed eight persons at the outskirts of Damaturu, the Yobe State capital, yesterday, more lives would have been wasted if one of the injured suicide bombers had succeeded in igniting a handbag filled with more bombs.

A group of suspected Boko Haram suicide bombers yesterday came in a convoy of two vehicles, a Toyota Highlander with a Bauchi State number plate -and a Ford Galaxy mini bus marked 2B 2108 and approached from Maiduguri towards Damaturu.

But police officers at the checkpoint stopped the two vehicle, as they curiously noticed the car leading the convoy with a strange tourists number plate. Upon interrogation, the visibly dishevelled looking passengers claimed to be foreign diplomats travelling from Maiduguri to Damaturu.
Dissatisfied with their conduct, the police officers insisted on taking them to the station for proper interrogation.

But within seconds, the Toyota Highlander went off in massive explosion and flung most of the passengers out of the jeep in their dismembered form. Only the female passenger survived the explosion with an injury on her waist.

Four of the passengers inside the jeep were killed instantly alongside the three police officers who were closed to the jeep.
As more security operatives, aid workers and journalists arrived at the scene, the injured woman was seen on ground lying almost lifeless, as she intermittently called for help in Hausa language.

A camera man who was filming the injured woman that was moving suddenly sighted her trying to drag a reg handbag in front of her. But the cameraman quickly alerted a nearby police officer over the bid of the woman to hide the handbag under the veils she was wearing .
“As we sensed she was up to something sinister by trying to conceal the handbag under her veil, we immediately sensed she was trying to detonate bombs hidden inside the handbag”, said a police officer who sought anonymity.

“All threats to make her hand over the handbag proved abortive. So one of our men had to fire a shot at her from a distance in order to disarm her.
“And to our dismay, when the bomb experts from the Explosives Ordnance Department came and carefully opened the bag, we found five unit of live mortar explosives inside the handbag. It took extra care to defuse the explosives, because it is capable of causing massive destruction”.[/b]

http://leadership.ng/news/448346/how-cameraman-police-saved-lives-from-damaturu-suicide-attack

6 Likes

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by Acekidc4(m): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2015
Good One dere!!
Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 21, 2015
rip to the dead...
Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by Doskit(m): 9:04am On Jul 21, 2015
Good news
Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by SaiBuharii: 9:04am On Jul 21, 2015
We understand that the worst president of the country since 1960, which is Goodluck Egbere Azikiwe (to deceive the igbos) Jonathan brought brought us to this sad level.

But Baba is capable and working hard to get us back to the glory days. I will advise all south south that plan to go bavk to the creek to note that...we will kill you all if u stop our progress. You will be taken as terrorist.

For the goats shouting biafra, if you take any outrageous step, baba will bomb ur head, one bomb per head, we can use one bullet per boko haram, but for you, it will be one bomb per person/head, No time for negotiations. Gowon settled this year's back.

Nigeria is forward moving, it's either you join the train or commit sucide. Weak Jonathan days are over.

42 Likes

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by bendutch(m): 9:04am On Jul 21, 2015
Islamabad. When will they have sense. Must they kill to Bleep virgins? What a trash call religion. Jonathan wanted to concientize then but the gang up to send him away. We don't care anymore. Let their 3D presido win the war like he said for them. Foolish fools.

16 Likes

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by idari: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2015
D recent strategy of bombing by Bokoharam shows dat dey are gettin weak, gone are d days wen dey use to capture towns and villages and even military base,anyway dey will soon be a thing of d past.in BABA we trust

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by opefio: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2015
wow, he should be paid greatly, or celebrated
Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by nwana1: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2015
goood
Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by richardjemedafe1(m): 9:05am On Jul 21, 2015
Tj
Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by bigv(m): 9:05am On Jul 21, 2015
angry So our Media men have taken the place of the 52nd battalion? Oma se o cry

1 Like

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by kenedy175(m): 9:05am On Jul 21, 2015
nawa oo! If I was the one that noticed that woman, I will simply use bullet tear her to pieces. what nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by Ojeremi(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2015
I need answers...WHAT WAS THE CAMERA MAN DOING THERE?
I smell error

1 Like

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by Omotayor123(f): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2015
Thank God for that. Rip to the dead...

Boko haram it's high time you are crush... Enough is enough!!!!
Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by demsid(m): 9:07am On Jul 21, 2015
Dnarvaez:
I wish all muslims pains, agony, frustration, depression illness, grief and all the deadly incurrable diseases on planet earth.
The mention of a muslims repulses me badly.
So Greatful that our gracious God didn't let the evil terrorists succed in their plan.
One day, just one day, all muslims will perish.
Muslims, your doom is nigh.
madgoat
Demigods:
I hate Muslims with my soul and life. Bleep their stupid God propagating all this evil. Death to all Muslims.
Hail Satan!
Hail Astaroth!
why are u this very stupi.d. Is it ur educational backgrd or u are jst a self made eediot. Hian disgusting fellow

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by ephemm(m): 9:08am On Jul 21, 2015
Good viigilance

Dnarvaez:
I wish all muslims pains, agony, frustration, depression illness, grief and all the deadly incurrable diseases on planet earth.
So Greatful that our gracious God didn't let the evil terrorists succed in their plan.

You are obviously not a Christian but an apostle of chaos.
A Christian knows "Matthew 13:24-30" parable of wheat and tares and would never judge;

Christians and muslims have lived together in peace for decades before the enemy (some politicians) came to sow boko haram, one day soon, we shall get rid of them

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by tociano009(m): 9:08am On Jul 21, 2015
O
Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 21, 2015
Dnarvaez:

1 Like

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 9:08am On Jul 21, 2015

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by Regiblinkz(m): 9:08am On Jul 21, 2015
very nollywoody

1 Like

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 21, 2015
I hate Muslims with my soul and life. Bleep their stupid God propagating all this evil. Death to all Muslims.

Hail Satan!
Hail Astaroth!
Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by frankobaba(m): 9:09am On Jul 21, 2015
C
Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by WukedP(m): 9:09am On Jul 21, 2015
This guy's is seriously possessed by the devil himself, may God open there eyes and deliver them, cause them to see the light and truth in Jesus name, the brainwashing and lies in it is Legend

6 Likes

Re: How Cameraman, Police Saved Lives From Damaturu Suicide Attack by temmyt20(m): 9:09am On Jul 21, 2015
Dnarvaez:
am not a muslim, but just because 2 out of 5 muslims are bad doesn't mean d other 3 ar bad.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pius Odubu: Profile, Biography Of The New NDDC Board Chairman / Atiku: Bandits May Soon Register With Corporate Affairs Commission, NSE / Update On The National Conference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.