Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam (1642 Views)

Online Exchange Rate For Firstbank, Gtbank, Access Bank Etc Visa/mastercard / See What Gtbank Has Released To Its Customers As The New GAPS Portal / Domain SEO Service Registration Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by NaijaScams: 10:57am On Jul 21, 2015
I take God beg una,

If you receive emails on clicking on a link, especially if it is not a registration you just did for verification of your email, please do not be hasty to click on the link but be sure to confirm the originality.

Can you imagine these scammers taking advantage of people by using BVN, as a current situation, to get their details and possibly steal money or use them for other dubious means.

If you receive similar emails as shown in bold below, do not respond. In fact delete and if you can notify friends and family so they do not fall victims.

“From: GTBank <z1641609@students.niu.edu>

INCOMPLETE BVN (PERMANENT ACCOUNT TERMINATION)

Dear Customer;

The online registration for your Unique Identification Number (BVN) is
incomplete. Failure to complete this process will result in permanent
termination of your ATM card and your bank account as directed by CBN.

COMPLETE HERE: .............................

This is a Mandatory Online Registration process.

GUARANTY ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION SYSTEM
GTCONNECT © 2015.”

First of all, there is nothing like online BVN registration.

Secondly, the email address it is from is titled GTBank but the email itself is z1641609@students.niu.edu. It has FAKE written all over it.

Third, a bank will tell you to go to their website and login, rather than to click a link.

If you have any doubt concerning any email, kindly send it to us so we can help you verify its authenticity.

Please do not fall for their tricks. Be Careful!

Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by shadowripper(f): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2015
A colleague fell for it.
Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by NaijaScams: 10:59am On Jul 21, 2015
Wow, really!, already?

These useless and jobless people.

We need to be careful!
shadowripper:
A colleague fell for it.
Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by PulseWeb: 11:00am On Jul 21, 2015
i got this mail this morning
Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by shadowripper(f): 11:00am On Jul 21, 2015
NaijaScams:
Wow, really!, already?

These useless and jobless people.

We need to be careful!

And she ws so serious about it tht I was laughing at her getting scammed. lol
Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by NaijaScams: 11:01am On Jul 21, 2015
Hope you didn't respond or click on the link

PulseWeb:
i got this mail this morning
Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by NaijaScams: 11:04am On Jul 21, 2015
Awww, it's unfortunate. Hope they didn't take much from her

shadowripper:

And she ws so serious about it tht I was laughing at her getting scammed. lol
Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by PulseWeb: 11:10am On Jul 21, 2015
i no be pickin naaaa....this is not the 1st time. anyway its is chilling on my trash folder with other scam email. one even sent last year that 7.5million was transferred to my account but its pending until i complete a registration. i burst laugh inside bus wey i dey dat time
NaijaScams:
Hope you didn't respond or click on the link

Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by NaijaScams: 11:17am On Jul 21, 2015
The ones about sending money are stale. Only greedy people are scammed for those ones but they are becoming current and following the thread and if care is not taken more people will be caught unawares

PulseWeb:
i no be pickin naaaa....this is not the 1st time. anyway its is chilling on my trash folder with other scam email. one even sent last year that 7.5million was transferred to my account but its pending until i complete a registration. i burst laugh inside bus wey i dey dat time
Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 21, 2015
I got the mail this morning. but I just pushed it to my trash so it should be singing and dancing shoki or skelewu
Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by bedfordng(m): 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
there are so many newbies online and more will keep falling.the best we can do is to spread whatever we know online, social media so some can get informed.
Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by NaijaScams: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
Thank God for that

mikketech:
I got the mail this morning. but I just pushed it to my trash so it should be singing and dancing shoki or skelewu
Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by NaijaScams: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
Exactly!

bedfordng:
there are so many newbies online and more will keep falling.the best we can do is to spread whatever we know online, social media so some can get informed.
Re: Gtbank Online BVN Registration Scam by kaniz(m): 7:32am On Sep 26, 2015

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Integrate Voguepay With WHMCS? Need Help / How To Earn $1500 A Week With Propeller Ads / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.